Leader

The Leader

Joon Myun walked down the dimly lit hallway that led to the CEO's office.  He took a deep breath and then knocked loudly on the door.

The CEO's deep voice replied "Come in."  Joon Myun opened the door slowly.  He did not know what to expect.  He thought that the company had made the final cuts for the team.  Maybe he was the last one?  He thought.

Joon Myun closed the door behind him and then bowed deeply to the CEO.  He looked up and saw the man motioning to a seat on the other side of his desk.  As soon as Joon Myun sat down, a large smile appeared on the face of the CEO.

"I cant to tell you how proud I am of everyone in the group.  Everyone has showed a tremendous amount of effort to make it to where they are now.  As you know, there are four Chinese members in the group.  Three of them are older than you, but I would like to appoint you as the leader of the group for now."  Joon Myun's eyes blinked after hearing what the CEO had said.  "You are the oldest Korean member of the team.  I expect that you will be able to take care of everyone and get them what they need.  Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes, sir." Joon Myun replied.

"You boys will be living together.  You will be with each other basically everyday all day.  You should all become like brothers.  You must look out for your brothers.  I am entrusting them to you.  Right now I do not have an employee assigned to be living with the group.  So, you will also act as the team manager.  You will have to wake everyone up for practice, make sure they get to the company on time, take care of the food situtation, and most importantly, just be there for them.  They are all having a rough time being away from their families and having such a rigorous practice schedule.  I know you are having a rough time too, but you have to put that aside and be there for your teammates."

Joon Myun nodded "Yes sir, I understand."

"I will meet you guys on Monday when you are moving into your dorm.  I will announce all of this to the other members.  I also have something else that I want to tell you when you are all together as a team.  I will see you on Monday."  The CEO smiled and bowed signaling for Joon Myun to leave the room.  Joon Myun smiled back and bowed.  He turned around and walked out the door.

Joon Myun went back to the practice room to gather his coat and scarf.  He couldn't help but smile to himself.  He was so excited to be living with the other guys.  He knew they would all have a lot of fun and would certainly be spending a lot of time with each other.  

Joon Myun was walking towards the subway station when his mind went back to the conversation he had just had with the CEO.  How was he supposed to look after everyone?  He had no experience at all.  He had no younger siblings or any younger relatives.  He was always taken care of by his brothers.

His mind moved away from the topic when he looked up at the sky and saw the beautiful white crystals that were falling from it.

Joon Myun had three days to rest before it was time for him to move into a new home and start living with a new "family".