Tao

The Leader

Everyone stared at each other in horror as Yixing read what the text message said.  Tao was the youngest Chinese member in the group.  And out of the Chinese members, he was the one with the shortest training time.  He had been in Korea less than six months.  He hardly knew any Korean.  So when he wanted to go anywhere, another person always felt the obligation to go with him.  He could get lost so easily if he was in an area of Seoul that he did't know.

"Call him now!"  Joon Myun practically yelled at Yixing.  He wanted to find out what the real issue was.

"Crap, I knew I should have waited for him while he went back to the dorm."  Wu Fan said.  "I thought that he could have actually made it to the company himself."

Joon Myun felt a knot in his stomach forming as he heard the other line ringing from Yixing's phone.  Finally, after what seemed hours a soft voice answered.

"Yixing ge..."  It was Tao's voice for sure.  But something was wrong,  His voice had a slight wimper to it and he was breathing heavily.

"Where are you?!" Yixing asked.

" I..I don't know.  T....there is a donut shop and then a small t...three floor apartment building with S...shin..shinsigae written on the s...side."  Everyone sat around looking at the phone intensely.

"I know where that is!"  Shouted Baekhyun.

"Okay.  Are you hurt?  How bad?!"

"I...I...I can't walk and my head hurts r..r..r..really bad."  The listeners could hear that Tao was trying to hold back tears.  It was also apparent that Tao was really hurt.

"Okay we will come for you.  Stay there.  Dont move."  By the time Yixing was hanging up the phone, Joon Myun, Baekhyun, and Wu Fan were at the apartment entrance putting on their shoes and coats.  Yixing ran to join them.

"The rest of you guys stay here!  We shouldn't have everyone go.  We will keep in contact with you and hopefully we will be back soon!"  Joon Myun yelled from the front door.  Before any of the people left in the apartment could reply, the front door was slammed shut.

The four guys were in the elevator waiting for it to arrive on the first floor.  It was silent accept for a single sentence that Joon Myun said.  "Baekhyun, you lead the way."

As soon as the elevator doors opened all of them rushed out into the lobby and then through the main doors into the freezing air.  However, none of them could feel it.  They only thought about Tao.  Baekhyun started running down the sidewalk.  It seemed like they were running for an hour before Baekhyun slowed down his pace to look around.  The four guys were jogging, looking down all of the streets and alleys.  

"I think it's the next street!"  Baekhyun panted.  The rest of them followed closely behind.  They all reached the "street" at the same time.  Joon Myun looked down the dim alley.  There was fog coming from the sewer.  But the rest of the ground was covered with snow.  He could see that on the next street there was a donut shop and the apartment building Tao had described.  He must have seen them over the low roofs of the alley.  

Everyone else was looking around the area.  They were looking up the alley from the entrance.  Baekhyun and Wu Fan went to look on the next street over.

After quickly taking in the surroundings, Joon Myun looked down the alley for any signs of Tao.  He could see trash bags that had been thrown into the alley.  His eyes were traveling up and down the pavement, when he suddenly saw what looked like a leg poking out from behind a trash bag.  What he saw brought great relief and horror.  A shoe on the leg finally came into focus.  It was a black shoe with a reflective blue check on it.  Joon Myun recognized it as Tao's favorite pair of shoes.

"Tao!  Tao!"  Joon Myun started to yell as he ran toward the still body.