The Dorm

The Leader

Joon Myun walked toward the SM building.  His watch read 8:55 am.  The group was meeting at SM to ride together to their new dorm.  He could see there were about 7 people already standing there.  Joon Myun sped up his pace.

"Hi guys!" Joon Myun yelled.

"Hyung, you made it!" Answered Sehun.  Joon Myun patted Sehun on the back and greeted Luhan who had been standing with Sehun.

"I really hope this dorm is going to be like a mansion!  I want to have my own room!" Baekhyun yelled so everyone could hear.  Joon Myun knew that it would not be anything like that, but he giggled at Baekhyun's excitement.

Joon Myun had not even told his father that he was moving out.  He knew that it would lead to lecture and then a lot of yelling.  He just figured it was better to tell his brothers.  Ho Jun had told him to visit home as often as he could.  His other brother, Young Gwang was only able to speak to him over the phone,but he said that he was proud of him and that he could come home and visit whenever he wanted no matter what their father said.

"Alright, so we are just waiting for one more person to get here."  Said a company employee who had come from the building.

"Tao isn't here yet." Joon Myun replied.

"He said he was going to cath the next train here because he had to go back to our room for his shoes."  Said Wu Fan.  The four Chinese trainees had been living together in the same flat.  It was provided by the company so that they had a place to stay.

" I have tried calling him, but he isn't picking up." Said Yixing.

The group waited there for thirty minutes and still no sign of Tao.  Yixing, Luhan, and Wu Fan kept trying to call him but he would not pick up.

"I think we should go now to the dormitory.  The CEO is waiting at the room to speak to you all.  I will have someone stay here to keep a look out for Tao and give him a ride to the dorm if he shows up."

The 11 boys hopped into a van that had been waiting on the street for them.  Once everybody's bags were packed in the van, it started to move.

"I really hope Tao is okay.  He always answers his phone and he said he would be right behind us."  Luhan said.  Joon Myun could see the nervousness on Luhan's face.

"You are right.  Tao is on time for everything.  But I am sure he is okay.  He probably just got held up somewhere."  Joon Myun reassured the guys in the van.

Joon Myun's words made everyone relax a little bit.  Before the 11 guys knew it, they had stopped in front of a huge high rise apartment building.  

"Alright, hop out guys!  Grab your stuff!  Your on the 21 floor.  The CEO is waiting in the room to talk to you guys."  The driver said.

Joon Myun hopped out first and made his way to the back of the van.  He opened the trunk and started distributing the luggage to the correct owners.  Once everyone had their luggage, they made their way through the snow covered garden to the main doors of the huge buildings.  They had to split into two groups because they could not all fit in the elevator.  Joon Myun waited on the 21 floor for the second elevator with the remaining 5 people to arrive.  Once the elevator got there, Joon Myun knocked on the door.  He heard footsteps on the other side of the dorr coming closer.  The CEO opened the door and beckoned the 11 people into the dorm.

Joon Myun stepped into the shoe area.  He looked up after taking his shoes off and realized that the dorm was really big.  It was not a mansion like Baekhyun had wished, but it was definitely large enough for them to live comfortably.  Joon Myun foolowed the CEO down the hall to living area.  All of the other boys followed and filed in.

The living area was huge.  There were two large couches that made an "L" shape.  Then on the opposite wall there was a large TV.  A desk with a computer on it was located in the corner of the room by the doors leading out to a veranda.  The walls were heavenly white colored.  The kitchen had a half wall connecting it to the living area.  Barstools were located at the counter of the halfwall.  So the people sitting at the barstools could see into the kitchen.  Joon Myun could see a small table in the kitchen.  Joon Myun peered down a hall, guessing that those were the bedrooms.

"Hello everyone, I would like to officially welcome you to your new home.  Everything that you could possibly need is here.  There is a bus stop just outside the entrance of the building that will take you to SM.  That is how you should usually get to practice.  The company will give you a food allowance every two weeks.  It is your job to go out and buy the food yourselves.  Does anyone have any questions?"

"What do we do about the bedrooms?" Asked Kyungsoo.

"That is up to you guys.  There are 6 rooms in total so at least 2 people should be living in each room.  Maybe three if that is how you decide to make it.  I have heard that Tao is not here.  You will have to make arrangements for him aswell since he is not present."

"We have been trying to contact him.  I am sure he will be here soon." Said Joon Myun.

"Alright.  Well now I would like to tell you guys that I have appointed Joon Myun as the person in charge.  If you have any questions or problems please ask him."

When the CEO said this, Joon Myun could feel everyone's eyes on him.  He looked at Yixing and Yixing gave him a thumbs up and a smile.

"I would also like to announce something else.  We have decided on a name for this group.  You guys will be called EXO."  The CEO smiled.  His smile was that of a father proud of his children.  "Practice will start next Monday.  I know that this will be a long break for you guys, but I think it is good.  You should get accustomed to living here and working together.  If anyone would like to practice, room number five will be open for the rest of the week and you can come anytime.  We have left you with 600,000 won for the first two weeks.  Spend it wisely.  Let me know if we need to give you more or if it is too much for next time.  Have a good week's rest."  The CEO smiled one last time and turned toward the door.  Everyone got up and bowed at the CEO's back. 

When the CEO left, nothing happened.  Joon Myun saw that everyone was glancing around the room with large eyes.  The occasional gasp was let out.

"Wow.  This is really nice.  I am not disappointed!"  Finally Baekhyun had broken the silence.  Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun and then looked toward Joon Myun.

"Hey leader, shouldn't we pick out our rooms now?"  Chanyeol had put an emphasis on the word leader making Joon Myun smile.

"Yes, I guess we should.  Who wants to room together?"

"Chanyeol and I will room together!" Said Baekhyun.  He grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and started running down one of the two hallways to choose a room.

"Luhan and I will be together." Stated Sehun looking happily at Luhan.

"Okay!  Anyone else have any preferences?" Said Joon Myun.  Everyone kind of stared blankly at each other.  "Okay then Kyungsoo and Kai you can take a room."  Joon Myun had noticed the two sitting on the couch chatting together.  "Ummm, Minseok hyungie and Jongdae, how about you two together?"  Both of them looked at each other and nodded in confirmation.  "Okay then that leaves me, Wu Fan, Yixing, and......Tao.  Wu Fan and Yixing I think it would be good for you two to be together so you can speak Chinese."  Yixing smiled at Joon Myun and headed down the second hall with Wu Fan. 

Joon Myun started wandering the halls checking on the status of the guys unpacking and also seeing what room was left empty for him to share with Tao.  He finally came to the empty room at the end of the second hall.  It had two twin beds.  Each situated on opposite walls.  Joon Myun had realized that some of the rooms had bunk beds while some had separate twin beds.  

Joon Myun walked down the hall to the entrance where he had left his suitcase.  He pulled it to his room and ped it.  He looked at the clothes he had stuffed into the bag earlier this morning and sighed.  Suddenly he remebered that his roommate was still missing.  He left his room to find where Wu Fan and Yixing had put their things.  He discovered they were just next door.

"Have you guys heard anything from Tao?  It's worrisome that he hasn't contacted any of us all day."

"We were just talking about that.  Both of us have been trying to call him, but there is still no answer.  We have texted him.  And we also sent the address of the dorm so he can find it." Said Yixing.

"It's best for us to just wait here for him to show up or have him contact us.  Since we gave him the address there is really nothing else we can do.  I know he wouldn't get into any trouble." Sighed Wu Fan.  Joon Myun agreed.  He walked back to his room and started unpacking.  He hung up some of his shirts in the closet and his pants in the drawers.  He left half of the space for Tao to put his things.  Joon Myun looked into his back and saw that one last thing remained.  It was his treasured picture of his mom with him and his brothers.  He set the photo on the nightstand next to his bed.  Out of the corner of his eye he saw that the light from outside was becoming dimmer.  He snuck a glance at his watch.  It read 6 pm.  Wow.  He had been upacking for hours not even noticing how much time had passed.

He zipped up his suitcase and stuffed it in the floor in the closet.  He headed out toward the living room only to find pretty much everyone sitting there watching TV.

"Nice of you to join us hyung!"  Kyungsoo yelled over the sound of the TV.

Joon Myun smiled.  "Did you guys eat?"

"No, not yet.  Do you want to order something tonight?" Asked Yixing.

"Sure.  Let's order pizza.  It's easy and fast.  How about four pizzas?  Cheese and veggie?"

"That sounds great!" Replied Luhan and Sehun.

Joon Myun walked toward the kitchen where there was no noise.  He dialed the pizza place and ordered.  Joon Myun went and sat next to Yixing who was playing 공기 with Wu Fan, Kai, and Minseok.  "I want to play!" Said Joon Myun excitedly.

Pretty soon the doorbell was ringing; the pizza had arrived!  "Alright everyone help yourselves!" Yelled Joon Myun over the chaos of everyone reaching for the pizza on the table.

Everyone went on happily watching TV or playing 공기 like they had been before.  

Suddenly, Yixing looked at his phone that had just vibrated.  His mouth fell open. "Tao just texted me.  His text says I'm hurt and and I don't know where I am.  Help me."

Everyone looked at Yixing with horrified stares.  What happened to Tao?