Of Crayons and Unicorns

jeu d'amour ღ

Yunho/Jaejoong | G

 


 

Jaejoong held the pink crayon in his chubby hand and clumsily drew what looked like a horse on a sheet of paper. Using a silver crayon, he drew a wobbly triangle on the horse's forehead and dotted eyes and a crooked mouth with a black crayon. He colored in his masterpiece and grinned at his accomplishment before throwing the paper in the pile of other brightly colored unicorns.

 

He ripped another piece of paper out of his drawing pad and started to draw a yellow unicorn with gold hair when a boy knelt beside him and laughed loudly in his ear. Jaejoong squeaked and jolted up, his crayon skidding across the paper, leaving a long yellow trail.

 

"You ruined my drawing!" Jaejoong cried, jumping to his feet and pointing an accusing finger at the boy, Yunho.

 

"It was a rubbish drawing anyway! What boy draws unicorns?" Yunho mocked Jaejoong, getting to his feet as well. "Everyone knows unicorns don't exist!" Yunho sneered, putting his hands on his hips.

 

"They do to!" Jaejoong yelled out before running away, tears rolling down his cheeks. Yunho frowned and kicked at the table at the sight of his best friend running away. He twisted his lips into a pout and sat down, thinking of a plan to get Jaejoong to forgive him.

 

He smiled as an idea popped up in his head. He grabbed a blue crayon and started drawing on a new piece of paper, eyes focused on only the paper and tongue peeking out of the corner of his mouth like it always does when he's concentrating on something.

 


 

Jaejoongie!" Yunho yelled the second he saw his best friend walk into school the next day. Jaejoong pouted and turned his head away, still mad at Yunho for laughing at his love for unicorns yesterday.

 

Jaejoong tried to walk past him but Yunho caught his arm and pulled him back. "Joongie, I'm sorry for laughing at you," Yunho apologized, giving Jaejoong a card and a messily wrapped box. Jaejoong took the two gifts and looked at the card which said "Sorry" in big blue letters with a drawing of a yellow unicorn underneath.

 

"I wrapped it myself," Yunho told Jaejoong when he tried to rip open the paper with one hand. Jaejoong finally got it open and squealed in delight when he found a stuffed unicorn inside. Jaejoong threw himself on Yunho and gave him the biggest hug he could with a box, a card, and a stuffed toy in one hand, and a bag on the other hand.

 

Jaejoong shyly gave Yunho a peck on his cheek and drew back, cuddling the unicorn. Yunho grinned widely and carried Jaejoong's bag for him as they walked into the school together.