Ocean

jeu d'amour ღ

Yunho/Jaejoong | PG

 


 

Yunho thought that he could not cry anymore. He was sick of the smell of antiseptics and the squeaking of wheels as another patient was rushed to the emergency room. Yunho bowed his head as his body shook his silent sobs. He stared at the motionless body in front of him. His breath was ragged as he took in every one of his boyfriend’s beautiful features. He trailed a finger over his skin, which was once soft and pale, but was now was dull with a tinge of grey.

 

Yunho remembered Jaejoong’s warm brown eyes. He remembered that they were beautiful- like the colour of freshly-brewed coffee and the wooden table in their living room that they had picked out together two years ago.

 

He leant down and brushed his lips over Jaejoong's chapped ones. He thought of a time when they were plump and the most gorgeous shade of red, always tasting of happiness and love- the lips which fit against his like a puzzle; the lips which had always cried out his name when he needed Yunho; the lips which said “I love you”.

 

A tear slid down Yunho’s cheek as he clutched onto Jaejoong’s hand in a deathly grip. He managed a weak smile and let his eyes flutter close.

 

“Do you remember how we met, Jaejoong?”

 

“It was so incredibly clichéd, wasn’t it? Like in all those movies, when the girl would bump into the guy, and her things would spill all over the floor. I tried to be suave and help you up, remember?” Yunho chuckled. “But then, I was never very good with words. You brushed me off and gave me the most evil glare.

 

“I know when I fell in love with you. It was when I heard your voice. It was the most beautiful sound that had ever graced my ears. You were singing some ballad that I didn’t know, because I was only into the Top 40s like all the jocks are.

 

“Trying to get you to date me wasn’t easy. I finally won your heart over with that song that I sang for you in the cafeteria, didn’t I? It was the scariest thing that I had ever done, and I still remember my teammates teasing me about it for months after.

 

“Remember our presents for each other on our one month anniversary?” Yunho smiled sadly, Jaejoong’s still hand. “I gave you this cheap ring that I found at a bazaar, because that’s all I could afford with my job as a waiter. You gave me your heart, and that made me the happiest person alive. That song- about lifesavers and staying afloat- may have been the best thing that I have ever received.

 

“I wish you had told me about having cancer earlier on- but I understand. I would’ve been all over you because that’s who I am. You were a trooper- never slowing down for anything. No one would’ve been able to tell.

 

“And here you are today,” Yunho muttered, leaning down to brush lips against Jaejoong’s forehead.

 

“I love you,” He whispered as the weak beeping of the monitor slowed to a single, shrill alarm. He was strangely calm as he called for a nurse.