Explanations

SHINee and the CRA

 

Onew POV:

Looking through the window, the first thing I saw was the island. It was small enough to remain unnoticed to high flying planes, yet big enough to take about a week to explore all of its forest. Trees reached up to unimaginable heights and I could see multiple waterfalls through the breaks in the forest. Approaching the south of the island, I noticed a large, U shaped house tucked into one of the beaches. There were windows on half the walls and a dock at the end of the beach. Bright then spoke, also in broken Korean “We’re landing now, please stay in seats,” and she started to bring the copter down on a landing pad not too far from the house. As soon as I felt the blades stop turning, I unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled open the door, jumping to the ground. Everyone else followed suit and I got to take a better look at Bright. She wasn’t as tall as Diamond, but wasn’t as short as Anarchy. She had long black hair and a skin tone a bit lighter than her teammates. I could see the family resemblance between her and Diamond, but to me, Bright seemed prettier. “Come on,” Anarchy said, “let’s go to the house so we can eat and tell you more about ourselves.”

Bright POV:

A little bit later, SHINee, Anarchy, and Diamond were seated in the living room while I started on breakfast in the kitchen, listening through the open bar area. I’d learned to understand Korean from Anarchy, so I could understand what was being said. “We don’t want to keep you in the dark,” Anarchy started, “So let’s start with how the CRA came to be. During the 1980’s and 90’s, America’s rappers were going through the Rap Wars. Almost every rapper was associated with a gang, and things were getting pretty ugly between them. However, fans also played a huge part.” At this Diamond started to talk, saying “Fans were taking sides, showing their support. Thing that tabloid did not reveal was violence of fans. They threatened their idols enemies, some even trying to kill. CIA didn’t really pay much attention until one famous rapper died, and then others. CIA started CRA to protect idols from crazy fans. Use kids to blend into fan base better. There are sectors for each genre, in every country. Most of us are the kids of CIA agents. Some of us orphans trained to kill. We are Sector KP-S: K-pop South.” I piped in, “We protect all K-Pop idols from South Korea. You all are quite troublesome: there are many of you. However, at most of your concerts, we’ve been there. One time, while you performed Ring Ding Dong, there was sound malfunction. NOONA agent tried to shock me with sound wires. Before she could, the sound blocking out our combat stopped, and we left so as to not get caught.” As I cooked the pancakes for breakfast, I noticed that Onew looked at me with worry. They all looked distressed to know that our fights happened above their heads. I smiled at him and mouthed “We’re OK”. Anarchy talked again “The NOONA is our biggest threat. They are very organized and have branches in Korea and the United States. There are at least three of them at every concert of their favorite idols, and recently, the group at the top of their list has been the Shining SHINee.” All of them looked at one another, then Onew asked “Why us?” Me, Anarchy, and Diamond all looked at each other and sighed. “You all are very famous, and you are all very attractive, so of course they would want to catch you. At the moment, you are their biggest prize,” Anarchy said.