Love Dried Up Leads to Revenge

The Fight for the Throne

 

A/N: so yea this took forever but here it is!:) oh and when it says “four years ago” it means four years ago from the present. So the further you get into the chapter the closer it gets to the present. Ok just clearing confusion. I hope you like it! Comment please:D Main image is NOT MINE. credit to owner.

 

Continued a few months before the present~

Luna shuddered when she felt unusually sharp teeth scraping along her neck down to her collarbone. Her mind was shouting at her that something wasn’t right. That normal people don’t have such sharp teeth. It almost felt like fangs.

But she ignored that thought and lost herself to her senses. Earlier she knew it would lead to this; her body pressing against his. She might have been a e but she didn’t open her legs for just anybody…for free. The raven-haired boy was just too tempting.

She hadn’t expected him to tell her his name so fast though. Zitao. It had a nice ring to it.

Luna must have liked it more than she thought because she couldn’t stop saying it again and again as he continued his exploration of her body. Zitao. Zitao. Zitao.

She felt like jello in his hands.

“What’s your name?” his voice was deeper than before, soaked in lust. His eyes were b with a fiery passion that matched her own eyes. The silver-haired girl had finally found someone that could beat her gutsy attitude.

Running her fingers through his dark locks, Luna couldn’t stop the sigh from escaping her lips. His voice just did things to her. As if on instinct, her hands traveled to his back as she dug her fingernails into his skin.

“Now you ask me?”

He chuckled and Luna was sure she was going to lose her mind. “My curiosity got the best of me.”

Zitao moved back a bit as if to get a better look at her. Luna could see the obvious lust in his eyes. This boy was completely shameless and she loved it. Just when she thought she could get away without revealing her name, he brought his lips back to her neck and continued his relentless nipping and .

Luna was glad she was on her back or she was sure her legs wouldn’t have been able to support her.

She chose then that she would tell him her name. Her real name. Though she promised herself years ago she would never go by that name again, she didn’t want to give Zitao the name of a e. Though she was that e, she hadn’t always been.

Maybe trusting him was the wrong thing to do, considering they were practically strangers. But she felt like it was the only thing to do. So she did it.

“Ja…Jael,” the name sounded so foreign on her lips, “My name’s Jael.”

Zitao released his teeth from the tight hold on her neck and hummed contently into her skin.

“Hmmmm……Jael……what a captivating name.”

 

Six years ago~

“I got a job.”

Daehyun smiled as he munched on the rice Laeling made for him. They’d been living together ever since she got a job working for Bang. There was no relationship. Only unrequited feelings….on Laeling’s part.

“But you already have one….with me.”

The vampire liked to think of herself as Daehyun’s assistant. Whenever Daehyun was given a mission, Laeling would first step into their target’s dreams. Sometimes she could step into only one dream and locate where they were hiding or sometimes she even found what they were hiding. She knew she was a vital weapon, and being important to Daehyun was important to her.

“Yeah, I do but…” Daehyun sighed, setting down his chopsticks, “I’ve been offered higher pay. Which means I’ll make more money for the both of us. You don’t have to quit working for Bang.”

Daehyun didn’t get it. Laeling wanted to work with him. The only reason she got the job in the first place was because of him. If it weren’t for the warlock letting her stay with him, she’d be broke and living on the streets. Laeling never wanted to live that way again. She didn’t want to always be fearful.

“What’s the job?”

“I’ll be the Queen’s bodyguard. You should have seen her, Lae! She was so beautiful! I couldn’t believe she wanted me for the job.” said the warlock. He’s eye sparkled as he spoke of the famous vampire queen. He still hadn’t stop smiling. Laeling hadn’t seen him this happy since….never.

Hurt wriggled its way into her heart and she quickly pushed out. She wouldn’t allow herself to be selfish. Realizing how much this meant to him, she forced a smile on her face, “I’m happy for you, Daehyun. I’m really proud of you too.”

Daehyun grabbed the vampire’s hand from across the table and gave it a light squeeze. Happiness spread across his face, and Laeling found it was a little easier to be happy for him now. Though she couldn’t help but be a little hurt. She wanted Daehyun all to herself. She was falling for him. Hard.

Daehyun started digging back into his rice with a huge grin still plastered on his face, “I knew you would be.”

 

-

Four years ago~

Laeling tensed when she heard the sound of boots coming up to the front door. She knew he was home. And she knew he wouldn’t approve of what she was doing.

“What’s wrong?” the quiet boy looked at her with worry in his eyes.

It was going on week three that every day while Daehyun was at work, Laeling would sneak the young boy into their house. She knew the boy wasn’t dangerous. He had nowhere to go and no food to eat. Plus, he was completely oblivious to the fact that the generous lady he was accepting food from was a vampire. And he definitely didn’t know that said lady’s boyfriend was a warlock with a mean temper.

“Daehyun’s home, he can’t know you’re here.”

The boy tilted his head, and his expression changed from worry to confusion. But he followed her into her room anyways.

“Here; hide in the closet. I’ll keep him busy and then I’ll get you out.”

Fear bubbled up in Laeling’s chest. Not for herself of course, but for the boy. She knew this was the only place the stray could get food from. It would break her heart to see him searching in the dumpsters like he was when she first saw him.

The boy nodded and hid himself behind the mass amount of clothes in the closet. Laeling quickly closed the door behind him and calmly made her way back to the kitchen. She looked down to see Daehyun’s boots scattered beside the front door.

“Daehyun?”

She wasn’t expecting the silence. The first thing Daehyun did when he got home was rant off about his day, which usually included his stories of his precious queen. The warlock probably didn’t realize how often he talked about her but it was obvious to Laeling.

She could never get rid of the feeling that maybe Daehyun was only dating her to get his mind off of the Queen. It wasn’t like he would ever have a chance with her, anyways. The queen was married.

“I may be wrong here. But you don’t usually eat two plates of kimchi, do you?”

Laeling jumped at the sound of his voice. Of course, she forgot to put the boy’s plate in the sink. The vampire looked down at her feet, avoiding Daehyun’s questioning eyes.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!”

Now he was mad. She had gone and done it again. Laeling only wanted to make him happy. Make him forget about that so-called queen of his.

Tears pricked at her eyes as she slowly turned around to meet his eyes.

“Who are you hiding?”

Daehyun’s gaze was filled with menace as he looked down at Laeling. His hand reached out and grabbed her face, getting a tight grip on her jaw.

“Answer me.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Laeling couldn’t feel her cheeks. She cursed inwardly at the thought of having to apply another layer of makeup in the morning. Yes her vampiric nature healed her open cuts almost instantly but the bruises took a while. They went deeper.

“Don’t lie to me.”

Daehyun’s grip on her tightened as his other hand reached up to slap her.

Her tears were flowing freely now. She tried her best to stop them from coming. She knew how Daehyun hated crying.

Suddenly, Daehyun let go and started to search around their small living room; opening pantries and looking around the sofa. He marched into their bedroom and Laeling could hear him knocking things of the dressers.

She flinched when she heard the slamming of a door. She instantly snapped back into reality and rushed into their room. She made it in enough time to see the warlock holding the boy by the neck up against the wall.

“STOP! DAEHYUN,STOP!”

The warlock whipped his head in her direction; his grip on the boy getting even tighter.

“And why should I? What is he even doing here? Are you cheating?”

Laeling quickly shook her head no. Yes, the boy was attractive, but she was only helping him. There was no other motive, no feelings involved.

“He’s harmless! Please, Daehyun! Baby, he has nowhere to go! I was just helping him…that’s all.”

Daehyun’s eyes softened just a bit but he hadn’t loosened his hold on the boy’s neck.

“YOU’RE KILLING HIM! STOP!”

Laeling’s voice was hoarse from all the screaming but nothing she said was working. Daehyun’s eyes still glinted with anger and she could tell he had no plans on letting the boy live.

A part of Laeling’s heart broke at the thought that Daehyun was never going to be the way he used to be. The man that saved her was gone. In his wake, was a killing machine, personally built by the Queen herself.

Laeling grabbed and scratched at Daehyun’s arm; trying to get him to let the poor boy go. His lips were now fully blue and his bulging eyes were completely lifeless.

Finally, Daehyun retracted his hand and the vampire watched as the boy dropped, lifeless, to the ground.

“Jongin!” Laeling screeched, as she wrapped her arms around the boy’s frame.

“Get him out of the house. He’s going to start rotting, and the smell is hard to get out of the carpet.”

Daehyun quickly walked out of the room with a towel and made his way to the bathroom.

The vampire knew she had to act quickly before Daehyun came back and before Jongin’s life was completely gone from his body.

She sunk her fangs into her arm and forced the boy’s mouth open. She watched as her blood poured into his mouth. She brought her lips to his as she forced air down his throat. This allowed her blood to move freely down his esophagus.

She wasn’t sure on how long the transformation would take, and she couldn’t risk Daehyun finding out. She quickly gathered Jongin in her arms as she made her way out of the house into the nearest alleyway.

There wasn’t enough time to stay and see if he woke up. This was the only way she could save him. All she could do is hope it worked. She had to get back before Daehyun figured out she wasn’t there.

Laeling laid him down by the brick wall, out of the way of the street lamps. If it worked, she knew Jongin would be able to take care of himself. He wouldn’t need food, only the blood of others. He would become a scavenger. But she couldn’t leave him nameless. He wouldn’t remember anything about himself when he woke up. So she bent down and hastily whispered into his ear.

“I wish you luck…Kai.”

 

-

 

Two years ago~

“You know we could live much better than this, right?”

Sehun’s mother sighed as she washed the both of their clothes. Hand wash, of course. They couldn’t afford a washing machine.

“It’s better to be content with what you have than want something you can’t have.”

The young vampire slouched in his seat while he folded the clothes. He couldn’t stand when his mom talked in proverbs.

“But we can have it! I can work! I already know someone who’s hiring.”

Sehun’s mother slowly shook her head but she couldn’t stop the smile from appearing on her face.

He hoped that maybe his mom would come around to the idea. Sehun hated seeing his beautiful mother in these poor living conditions. She deserved so much more.

Sehun stood up from his chair and wrapped his arms around his mother, making sure to not touch the right side of her face. His mom hated when he touched her burns. And it only infuriated him to see them, especially since he made it out of the fire unscathed.

He could barely remember what happened, since he was only an infant. But he knew his mom had protected him. He couldn’t fathom why his aunt hated her own sister enough to attempt to kill her.

If it wasn’t for his mom’s fast thinking, they would have never escaped the fire. The only down side is that they had to live in hiding. If his aunt found out they were still alive, Sehun was positive she would make sure she finished the job. He couldn’t let them kill his mother even if they killed him first. She was all he had.

“Don’t worry about me, Sehunnie. I’m happy with the way things are. I have you and that’s all that matters.”

The words were meant to comfort Sehun. But he didn’t see it that way. The last phrase somewhat rubbed him the wrong way.

“You don’t miss him?”

He watched as realization slowly dawned in her eyes. Briefly, he saw an expression of pain on her face that he would never be able to fully understand nor would he want to, but it was gone as fast as it appeared.  

Of course I miss your brother, sweetie. Let’s just leave it at that, ok?”

Sehun silently nodded. He regretted even bringing it up. He knew the answer, but a part of him was scared she had forgotten about his twin.

“Sehun…did you hear that?”

His mom abruptly dropped the clothes back into the water. Furrowing his eyebrows, Sehun started to answer but his mom quickly put her hand up to his mouth, shutting him up.

Suddenly, their front door was kicked opened, and Sehun was greeted with a dirty blond haired man about his height.

“Jea, correct?”

The man had completely ignored Sehun. The young vampire quickly moved in front of his mom. He had hunch that the man was not here for a good reason.

“Who says that I am?”

Sehun was stunned by the confidence dripping in his mom’s voice.

“That’s a nasty burn there on your face. Reminds me of a certain person whose house I set ablaze a while back.”

The man laughed at the confusion on Sehun’s face. Suddenly, it clicked and Sehun was only inches away from the man.

“You’re the bastard who did this, who tried to kill my mom!? You work for that crazy Queen?!”

Sehun couldn’t stop his anger from escalating and he knew he was going to lose control. His mom hands reached out and grabbed his forearms; trying to calm him down.

“Jung Daehyun at your service.” The man bowed with a cocky grin plastered on his face. “Jea, you need to learn how to control your son. You already lost the other one; you don’t want this one gone too, do you?”

At the mention of his brother, Sehun shrugged his mother off as he let a throaty growl loose from his throat. The windows of the house began to rattle loudly from the bustling wind outside. The front door slammed opened as the wind knocked the man called Daehyun to his knees.

“That was a bad move, kid.” The man’s smirk only grew wider.

Sehun pushed his palms forward and a strong gust of wind sent Daehyun flying from the house. Sehun quickly followed behind. He wouldn’t let the bastard get away with just a few scratches.

The young vampire could vaguely hear his mom yelling for him to stop. But he ignored her. He needed to do this for the both of them.

He stomped his way to where Daehyun lay in the grass and the bastard was laughing.

“What’s funny!?” Sehun kicked him and the wind knocked the man even farther from the house. Soon they were almost a mile away.

Sehun was right there again in his face. But the man was still laughing. “I asked you WHAT’S. FUNNY?”

Daehyun wiped the dirt from his eyes and lazily pointed over Sehun’s shoulder.

The young vampire turned around to see his small house up in flames and even though they were quite a distance away, he could hear his mother’s heart wrenching screams.

Sehun screamed as loud as he could, and kept screaming. He could feel the inside of his throat start to bleed but he didn’t stop. He ran as fast as he could back to the house but he knew he was too late. He could no longer hear his mom’s screams.

He climbed through the remains of the house hoping he would find his mom. And he did, but it was only a body. Any signs to show that it used be his mother was gone but the body could only be hers.

Sehun felt the bile rise in his throat at the sight. He felt the tears threatening to spill but they never did. What for? For his now dead mother? For the brother he never knew? For the life he could have had but was forcibly taken away from him by his jealous aunt?  

No he wouldn’t cry. He had no reason to. Tears wouldn’t solve anything.  

But he would sing. Sing to the empty body of his mother as he held it close. Sing the song of grief and mourning. And sing the song of hopeful revenge.

-

Still two years ago~

“Is she dead?”

The queen wrapped the robe tightly around her body as she turned around. She motioned for him to sit as she searched for something to wear. They were having a little celebration of their own. It was a very special occasion.

“Dead and gone.”

She turned to see a grin forming on his face. She smiled to herself; Daehyun never let her down. Except for once but tonight was the night he corrected that mistake.

“Are you sure? Did you see the body?”

Daehyun smirked as he watched CL’s robe slip to the floor.

“You can’t even recognize her.”

It was CL’s turn to smirk as she slipped the tight black dress on. She could feel Daehyun’s eyes all over her body. And it excited her. She loved it when her guards were infatuated with her. The attention was exhilarating.

“Good. And the boy?”

The cockiness slipped a bit from the warlock’s face at the mention of the Queen’s nephew. He couldn’t lie to CL. And maybe it didn’t matter, since she never specified.

“I’m guessing he’s still alive by the look on your face.”

The Queen sighed as ran her hands down her body, and she could feel the lust emanating from Daehyun.

“We’ll deal with him later. All that matters is that my wench of a sister is dead.” CL nodded to the door with a smile on her face, flicking her blond hair over her shoulder. “C’mon Daehyunnie, Let’s go paint the town red.”

 

A/N: AKJSDHFKJDHFKJHADSKFJ THIS TOOK SO LONG OMG

I had EXTREME writer’s block with this chapter!

So the secret is out! But do you know what the secret is!? I’m really curious to see if you pieced it together:P

Oh and when daehyun went to sehun’s house he had already set the house on fire outside but Sehun’s winds only caused the fire to get bigger.

Blahblahblah lol

Please tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading!

-Che