It’s Time

Teddy Bear

 

Key’s POV

Every day they squirted medicine in my body. It was making me exhausted. The operation was 3 weeks away. Minho said that by than he will have to money to pay for it, since Onew  and Siwon also insisted to pay for it. I’m grateful to have such people who love me until the end. Surprisingly I wasn’t nervous and I know won’t be at the day of the operation either. Right when I was about to close my eyes someone walked in. “Minho?” I was so glad to see him that I almost yelled. “Hey.” Mino took a seat next to me. He sighed. “I’m sorry for not having visited you for a while. I was scared, confused and angry. Key, I want you to know that I’ll fight your fight until it ends. I won’t give up until you have breathed out you’re last breath of air. I’ve searched up some good doctors and-” I cut him off not wanting to hear him out. I shook my head. “No Minho. I already accepted what’s waiting for me. I want to be treated here. Don’t take this the wrong way. I cannot say how much I’m thankful to you for paying for this operation. You don’t have to show me how much you love me. I already know.” Minho gave me a painful but relieved smile. “Uhm… I have asked Dr. Chun if it was okay for you to leave the hospital for a while, and he agreed. So let’s go.” I widened my eyes in surprise. “Where are we going?” “The beach.” In those 3 weeks Minho and I spend each day together.

Minho’s POV

3 weeks later

We we’re all here. Me, Key, Onew and Siwon. Waiting in Key’s room for Dr. Chun to take him to the operation room. I stood up. “I’ll be back in second.” I left the room and rushed over to my car. I drove away as fast as I could. I was on my way to the hospital and I got just in time to give Key what I wanted him to hold. Out of breath I entered his room. “H-here.” Key’s eyes began to water as he looked at the object in my hands. A beautiful smile crept on his face. “You’re teddy bear.” Key hold it tight and thanked me. We had a little chat with the four of us for a while until Dr, Chun interrupted us. “Mr. Kim… are you so far.” Key made a weak nod.

While Key got led to the operation room I hold his hand. “Key, whatever happens… saranghaeyo.” A tear fell out of Key’s eyes. “Saranghaeyo Minho. Yeongwonhi.” I gave him a kiss and the lips and looked at his last smile given to me before we got separated. While Siwon and Onew tried to comfort me I forgot the time, while memories of Key and I flashed through my head. His beautiful smile and voice, the last time I saw or heard it.

5 days later

“Yah, Minho! You’re ready!!” “Ne! I’m coming just be a little patient.” I said back. “You have dressing yourself up for over an hour! Just get down already.” “Fine.” I said. I went downstairs to meet his gaze. “What? Don’t look at me like that.” “Just come.” Before I headed out I took a last glance to the picture of me and Key together on a holiday in Thailand. On the back Key wrote: Chan Ran Khun Minho. Which means I love you Minho in Thai.

I walked up to the front since I was his boyfriend and also wanted to say something. I looked at all the faces in the room. Everyone was wearing a different emotion on their face. “Uhm… where do I start. Many of you saw Key as a well-mannered, polite, funny and caring boy, which he absolutely is. But to me, he was more than that. He was my heart, my lover, my boyfriend. There was I time that I treated Key utterly wrong and bad. You must think why would someone hurt a boy like Key. Well because I always thought he was too good for me, that I didn’t deserve him and therefore was scared to leave him, so I had to do something to keep him from staying with me.” I grab the microphone and began walking left and right slowly while talking. “And there was this girl Sooyoung, who’s sitting right there.” I pointed at where she was sitting. “She was in love with me. I rejected her. I hated her at first but now… we’re friends. She even apologized to Key which she disliked so much. But those days are over now. Everyone can change. And Key, he was in so fond of teddy bears that I began to think that he loved them more than me.” Some people began to chuckle. “But that was never the case… Key and I met each other at the beach. He saved my life. I was surfing and I almost drowned. Right then when he saved me, I knew that he was the one I wanted to spend my whole life with. The beach was the place we met and the place I took him out for the last time. I know that I was blessed to have Key in my life. I honestly am out of words now.” I scratched my head embarrassed. People began to laugh a little. “All I know is that the last smile he gave to me was enough for my heart to be at piece. What should I say… I’m not scared anymore. Kamsahamnida.”

We all watched as Key’s body getting buried into the ground. While his favorite song got played, complete by SNSD. The stone said, Here rests our beloved, son, brother, friend and lover. 1989 – 2012. R.I.P … Would you belive me if I said that It’s not that Key didn’t survived the operation, he just stopped breathing. Sounds like a lame excuse. I forgot the time and slowly there we’re starting to get less people. Until Siwon, Onew and I lasted. And then only until I lasted. I looked up to the grey sky. Soon the rain was pouring down. Are you happy up there Key? Are you healthy there and jumping and running around, laughing and smiling? Are you seeing us? Do you see me? “I love you.” I whispered out. 


I KNOW THAT YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY HATING ME RIGHT NOW FOR LETTING KEY DIE IN THIS STORY BUT I HAD IT ALREADY PLANNED OUT LIKE THIS I'M SORRY. BUT I PROMISE THAT I WILL MAKE ANOTHER MINKEY STORY THAT WILL HAVE AN HAPPY ENDING. ALTHOUGH I DON'T FIND THIS MUCH A SAD ENDING BECAUSE KEY IS AT PEACE AND SO IS MINHO ;D PLEASE DON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!! 

ALSO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY CALLED: adamantine aesthesia! MY FIRST YEWON STORY :D

I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE ENJOYED MY STORY, TILL ANOTER TIME MAYBE. FIGHTING!!!