Chapter ..14..

Different Worlds Live Under One Roof..!

It was already pass 9 and Jessica still hesitated to walk out her home to where Jung su was placing their meeting. She settled up her mind and walked yet there were still much worries in her heart.

She walked until she reached the campus and the area was all dark which made her walking slowly making sure of the place and of her steps till she reached the backyard. She spotted him sitting on the bench leaning his elbows on his thighs, seemed he was bored waiting her to come. She heaved a sigh and collected her strength to face him without showing any fear nor embarrassment. When he heard the sound of her heels coming closer to his ears, he turned his head to where she was, then immediately drown a smirk on his skin. He was pretty sure she'd come despite the fact that she was a bit late for their actual meeting, needless to say, he hates to be waiting someone! But this case was eliminated from his computation.

He stood and stared at her then combined his arms near his chest and raised his eyebrow. She wasn't sure of what to say or should she start the conversation since she was blamed to be late. The only thing that she was aware of that she wasn't showing any expression on her face neither anger nor sadness.

"hi…!" Jung su said wasn't sure if he had to start it like that.

"h-hi" Jessica replied immediately with her expressionless face.

"you're late by half an hour! Is that how you usually respect others schedule?" he said mockingly raising his eyebrow sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but I have something to deal with my mom, and I can't late any longer either, so, what do you want?"

"wow, I was trying not to be straight forward! But since you haven't enough time, then….I think I should say it briefly!" he sat on the bench and dabbed the empty space beside him like saying –come here-. She sighed then walked and sat afar from him.

They gazed each others' eyes for a moment then Jung su broke the moment by telling his brief sentence.

"let's sign a contract" he tended his head and smiled at her to be more approachable.

"a…what? what's your point?" Jessica adjusted her sit and turned her body to face his whole with a questionable gaze.

"well…don't you know what contract is? I think you have to look it up then!"

"please, don't talk to me like that! I have no time to hear such puzzled words!"

"you're so uptight! Calm down honey!"

She bit her lips and stared at him with a hateful look! She knew what his aim, he was just trying to stress her as much as he could! She shut waiting for further explanation from the latter, but all what she could feel was mocking!! Her heart betrayed her and started to beat painfully to the point she was trembled. What is he talking about? contract!? She thought.

"you're really not funny! Anyway.." he paused and scanned her red cheeks and her so nervy manner that appeared all up sudden.

"this contract is all about me and you, after the fake marriage, no one has the right to be sponger on the other life….I have my life so you are!"

She bowed her head and her eyes went wide open from the shock. She wasn't really prepared to hear such words from him! Fake marriage? Was all what she heard and focus her thoughts on!

"so, we are so likely to others that we are living under one roof, but the reality is, we are different worlds…so don't expect much, and that what all am asking you for now!" he said and leaned his arm on the back of the bench raising his head to observe the dark sky.

She didn't say a word, she was literally shocked of his words! She knew it would happen something similar to it, but hearing him confirming it, made her speechless!

"is that…because…." Jessica said but stopped from saying much more to him.

"yes…I have no intention to break up with Taeyeon because of someone like you! You know, it's all fake, so you don't have to be so shocked! I thought you're prepared for it!"

"you're heartless! why it has to be you? I don't want it! you're not like what I have imagined you to be! I wish I haven't given you my heart!" she thought which made the pain in her heart to grow gradually, it wasn't something she could handle alone. The tears gathered in her eyes which made her fragile body to shake nonstop. She grabbed her skirt and fist her hands around it leaving meanders on it.

"Stop treating me like that!" she screamed and stood furiously losing her patient! Her tears were running off her eyes, couldn't control the impulse of emotion that ran through her whole body and made her tremble even more.

He stood after her with a panic expression, seeing her tears somehow broke his heart! Hearing her words made him remember his father's words…

"Act naturally"

He suddenly froze in his place, he was indeed very harsh to her at that moment! was that because of his father's words which made him stricter and less concern?! these words made him involuntary reckless. He didn't want to show to her how he wasn't really into his father's plan-which she apparently doesn't know a hint about-, nevertheless, he didn't want to show his concern to her either which led him to be harsher! He was stuck between a rock and a hard place!

"damn…my father knows I will be like that if he used that phrase! he…knows me very well!" he thought and a flame of anger spread all over him.

"you sound like if I'm the one who had decided on all this mess! It's your father's fault and so you're too!" she turned her body to face him and said with much pain with her teary eyes. She didn't want to say it to him, but he was harsh to the point she couldn't control her anger…

Jung su was staring at her speechlessly, just listening to her words and remembering his father's words. He frowned unaware of himself and placed his eyes on her teary eyes.

"do you know what? fine! I wouldn't mind this damn contract because I'm no longer in your net! It won't last forever either!" she said and breathed in and out pointing her index finger at his face and tried to wipe her tears by the other hand and completed her speech…

"do you think you're the only one who has your personal life with your love? Do you think am still in love with you? Huh! Jung su, you're so vain I swear!"

Hearing her calling him without honorific made him stunned! Her personality changed as he thought, she was grim and grumpy to deal with, in two words, she was scary!

"so that how she looks like when she gets angry?! Still pretty!" Jung su thought suddenly cutting his rope of thoughts regarding his action toward her earlier.

"so…you say you're in relationship… too?" Jung su asked and combined his arms once again to his upper body staring at her expression. he tried to control his emotion and not to show that he was sorry…still he's Jung su!

"so what? ….YES!" she emphasized her words with a strict tone.

"great to know that…we are tie!" he said and put his smirk on.

She somehow got hurt when he said "great" but still, no more humiliation Jung su  she thought.

"that's all, see you in the hall for the ceremony! Have a nice and peaceful night"

"damn!" Jung su screamed in his mind! "I can’t cog my tongue!"

"wait!" Jessica stopped him when he attempted to move from her sight. He pouted his lips and looked at her scratching his neck.

"what? aren't you busy?"

"since you said what you want….I have my condition too!"

"huh! This girl!" he whispered to himself and turned his head left to right "I misunderstood you, you know! What's your condition, Jessica-sshi?"

"this is your images about me that makes you judge me on your own fake statements!" She replied to him then added. "don't treat me like a dull, have some respect! That's all what am asking you for!" she said, disappearing from his sight first before waiting his reply nor witness his reaction! She simply said what she wanted.

"Is he heechul?" Jung su shouted when Jessica slowly walked away from his place, but she froze for no reason when she heard Heechul's name through his lips. She remembered the intimate moment between them back there when she lost controlling of her vibes in front of him. the blood rushed to her cheeks and burned it.

Jessica didn't bother herself to turn herself to see the one who shouted at her. she replied to him with apathy.

"we already signed the contract, Jung su-sshi! You don’t have the right to put your nose in my personal relationships! Goodnight!" she waved at him carelessly and walked away.

He was literally shocked and speechless yet he chuckled unbelievably at her sudden act! "she's….someone who I should not be taken her lightly!"

******************************

As Jessica walked out of the campus, a hand from nowhere caught her wrist and dragged her along with and pushed her to the wall forcefully. Jessica gasped at how the moment was so fast that she couldn't defend herself yet. She closed her eyes fearfully then opened it slowly to see in her sight a girl…no other than Taeyeon herself.

"T-T-Taeyeon-sshi?!" Jessica exclaimed and widened her eyes in shock.

"why? Are you surprised?" Taeyeon said and didn't move her eyes from Jessica's even for once, she looked daggers at the latter. The one in action leaned her hand on the wall as if she wanted to threaten the latter with her aggressive manner.

"Are you a glue or what? sure you're happy now, Jung su is a good catch, isn't he?" Taeyeon let a chuckle and moved her hand and placed her eyes on Jessica again.

Jessica heaved a sigh and she was able to hear anything worse after the confession she heard earlier from that guy called Jung su.

"you misunderstood the situation…" Jessica shut and bowed her head for second then completed.

"since you already knew the matter, I'm sure he clarified everything to you!"

"yeah, he won't hide anything from me! but…I can't trust you!"

"who told you to?"

"yah! I'll be nice to you…don't ever try to seduce him nor come near him, understood?"

Jessica smiled and laughed for a bit, but in fact, she was burning with anger at Taeyeon's words.

"seduce him? huh! Am I that type of girl? I see, Taeyeon! Rest assured, nothing like that would happen! Anything else?" Jessica sometimes, could be professional at mocking and teasing, but this won't appear in front of Jung su, yet it seems that she already changed her behavior, so, could she be like this to him from now on?

"just keep this in your mind…Trying to make someone fall in love with you is about as pointless as trying to control who you fall in love with, so don't ever think about it, because he's mine! Just remember that…princess Jessica!"

"Taeyeon, why are you here?" Jung su interrupted their session and stared at the awkward atmosphere that covered them both.

"she was threaten me! it seems that you both really suit each other! Good luck!" Jessica said then adjusting her stand and walked away from them with her expressionless face.

"what?" Jung su gave Taeyeon the look she hates the most while Jessica took her leaves.

**********************

15th of June…the date of Jessica's wedding is on the doorsteps…

"hey pretty girl! You have to smile, it's your big day" the makeup assistant said while putting the lipstick on Jessica's lips. It was clearly that Jessica wasn't happy at all. She couldn't smile nor hid her upset and sadness. The contract and the threaten were enough to her to know that her life would be difficult in so many ways, only the future knows what it hides for her!

"I'm nervous, that's it" Jessica replied with a sad smile that she couldn't fake a happy one! her head was mixed up thinking of a lot of things.

"yeah! I hope I'll be in your shoes one day, it's sure an amazing experience and feeling!" the expert said with a warm smile.

After finishing putting the last touch on Jessica's face, the expert smiled at her and left the place to make the bride on her own in a big room.

***************************

Heechul and siwon went to Yoona's home to fetch her to the hall for Jessica's wedding. She took much time to prepare herself for this day.

"yah! Go to her inside and pulled her hair! Snippy took so much time, we are late!" heechul said pushing siwon to get out of the car to bring yoona.

"she said she will take 5 more minutes!" siwon replied to him and punch his hand away, heechul was getting on his nerve from his continuous pushing.

"Ugh! what she's doing for god sake, does she think she's the bride?" heechul said and let a chuckle from his mocking.

"yah! No offence, but She has to be more beautiful than the bride" siwon said then put his tongue out.

"BO! this guy!" heechul acted as if he wanted to hit the person sitting beside him in the car. "Aish! Depending on you is as worthless as seeing your face!"

"oh god! Again with your pointless words!"

"shut up, I'll go and bring snippy here! No more time to waste!"

Heechul got out the car and adjusting his tuxedo and cleared his throat then walked to the entrance door and knocked it twice. Then suddenly he witness a shadow on the door, he turned his head and found out that the shadow related to his friend, siwon.

"when I decided to bring her, you moved your ? You jelly!"

"do you want to see her beauty before me? THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN!" siwon opened his eyes affirming his words.

When heechul about to open his mouth, the door opened by Yoona's mother.

"ah! Ommoni! How are you?" siwon said and bowed politely to her.

"siwon! I'm fine son! Who is this guy?" she immediately asked pointing at heechul.

Heechul confused smile appeared on his face then stared at siwon wanting from him some assistant! But to no avail, sometime, siwon could be as evil as heechul.

"heechul…kim heechul!" he said and bowed slightly to her.

"you! Ah! Yoona always talks about you! So you're heechul, how handsome you're!" Yoona's mother complement him and patted his arms.

"OMMONI!" siwon jealous voice was so clear to their ears.

"don't worry, she's still talking about you!"

"we are in hurry! Where's yoona?" heechul cut their speech off and asked.

"ah…yeah she will be here in minute, come in!"

"no need, we are here to fetch her!"

"son, do you know you're resembling someone…but I can't tell who he is!! Am I getting old?" the woman said laughing and hitting her head joyfully.

"so this is a shared habit?" heechul asked with a smirk.

"what habit?" siwon asked in return.

"hitting the head whenever they laugh!" heechul said imitating how they laugh and hitting their heads.

"omo! You have eyes of eagle!" Yoona's mother said proudly for no reason!

"OMG! I'm sorry! Terribly sorry!" Yoona came and interrupted them, she was gasping because she was walking in hurry to them. "am I LATE?" she asked them and scanned their faces.

"not at all!" heechul replied to her with a sarcastic voice.

"don't worry! But…you're superior!!" siwon cheeks turned bright red when he witness the beautiful yoona standing in his sight. While Yoona just hit his arm and bowed her head in shyness with a cute smile.

She was wearing a yellow simple dress bare shoulders that reached her knee, with high white heels which made her showing her pureness and her beauty.

"these two! let's go!" heechul said.

"I'm truly in love with this guy!" Yoona's mother pointed at heechul.

"OMMA! Anyone but not this guy!" yoona exclaimed and pouted.

"then why are you talking about me?" heechul looked at her and frowned, they got their heads near each other and pouted their lips, the sparkles and the electricity were so obvious from their eyes!

"omg! let's go you dork!" siwon dragged them by holding their wrists and bowed for Yoona's mother and excused.

***************************

After 2 hours of sitting alone with 4 walls, the door opened by her best friend who was running to Jessica to give her a tight hug. Jessica stood and hugged her back tightly, she was surly missing Yoona like crazy.

"you look so beautiful! I…I can't take my eyes off you!" Yoona said after breaking the hug and stared at her friend's beauty from head to toe.

"thanks…you too!" Jessica patted Yoona's arm warmly.

"ugh! I know" Yoona replied then laughed at her own words which made the latter had the same reaction.

"did you come by yourself? anyone came with you?" Jessica asked with worries.

"yeah, siwon and heechul…but I told them to wait at the hall, I want to spend a private time with you"

"oh honey, thank you" Jessica hugged her again tightly, she was trying to keep her tears in her eyes by hugging her friend tighter.

"Jessica…"

"I'm…afraid…yoona, I want to escape!" she said while resting her head on Yoona's shoulder.

"Jessica! I'm sorry, You can't do that now! the guests already arrived…"

"Yoona, what should I do…I…I can't take it any longer, please help me!"

"dear! Please don't cry, you'll ruin your beautiful makeup!" Yoona said jokingly while pushing Jessica gently trying to warm the atmosphere. Jessica smiled with her but still, she didn't want to go further on this step.

"Jessica, you're strong! We are here for you! Nothing bad will happen to you, ok? Look at me, ok?" yoona cupped Jessica's face with her cold hands and made the latter to nod in agreement with her. nevertheless, Yoona's words didn't ease her at all.

"donghae…I'm crying…I'm crying now while am still at the beginning of this mess journey…you were right…I'm crying now, and I think I'll cry more OPPA!" Jessica thought while she draw a fake smile for her friend's sake.

Yoona took Jessica's hand and sat together on the couch.

"your father saw me…"

"I totally forgot that! Did he do something to you?" Jessica asked and her eyes went wide open.

"no, he didn't at all…that's why I'm in much relief! He even guided me here!"

"strange! But good to hear that!" Jessica tightened her hands around Yoona.

"yoona…"

"what?"

"oppa…donghae-oppa won’t come today, he's not in the downtown! He's in the countryside! I wanted him to be here beside me!"

"he's escaping again!"

"No, I know why he's doing that! He probably feeling burdened!"

"even if he was here, will your father allow him to enter the hall? I don't think so!"

"you got a point…but, at least I'll feel his warm!"

After couples of minutes the door opened by Heechul and Siwon, but they both stopped when they saw Jessica on her white dress and scarves covering her head. Heechul lost his expression as he saw the girl he truly fell in love with, was snatching from him by the most hateful guy in his point of view.

"wow! Jessica-sshi, you're so pretty today!" siwon complemented her as he walked toward her direction. Jessica just gave him a smile and bowed her head then placed her eyes on the guy that refused to make further steps. When he felt that she was staring back at him he changed his sight and looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry guys if I bothered you!" Jessica said.

"hey! We are here for you, don’t say such things!" Yoona replied and surrounded her arms around Jessica's shoulders.

"Yoona, be careful, don't rip her dress!" siwon pulled Yoona to his side.

"AISH! You sound as if I'm retard!" Yoona pouted but then smiled when she witnessed the smiles on their faces.

Again the door opened by a lady telling Jessica to go to the hall since it was her time to show up to the public.

"be strong!" Yoona said to her which made Jessica nodded then left her with siwon.

But Heechul didn't move a bit as if he was glued to the ground, his eyes was observing Jessica for so long time.

"I'll go….just pray for me" Jessica told Heechul with a fake smile.

When Jessica walked toward the door, ignoring his presence, he stopped her by catching her bare arm.

"I don't need to enter your heart to know who is in, but I could sense he's not that guy…even if others said that…!!" Heechul said and the grieve was obvious on both his voice and his facial expression. she widened her eyes at his words. Their hearts were blended with each other as pounding at same rate.

Yoona had told him about Jessica's complicated story yet, she was sorry to her best friend since she couldn't shut and keeping that to herself  because heechul was almost buzzing on her head daily to know the details of what would happen to Jessica!

After knowing the "ugly truth" he was shocked to know that Jessica has been in love with that cold guy for years, even though, he was somehow surmise that and could sense it by her reaction whenever he was around, but hearing the confirmation, was like a rock to his chest! He tried to compose himself by showing to others against what he actually feels!

All what heechul was thinking about that the marriage was about business no less no more. However, they all decided to support Jessica no matter what on her decision and tried to not show any kind of pitying!  

When heechul and Jessica regained their awareness, they both heaved a sigh then she tried to take off his hand that surrounded her arm. He loosen his tight and let her go but before she stepped out the room he said what made her froze till her toes.

"I will make sure he won't kiss you…you're….mine, Jessica!" Heechul said then walked out before her in hurry.

*********************

Jung su looked at the girl that walked slowly toward him with the white scarves covering her face. after standing in front of each other he raised the scarves over her head and stared at her shining face which made his heart skip it beats for some reason. They finally exchanged the vows which means the burden over them increased as they already tied the knot!

When it was the time for the kiss, Jung su stared at her while Jessica standing helplessly looking down at the floor. He grabbed her head gently and printed a quick kiss on her lips then a soft smile placed on his skin which made her smile involuntary.

Heechul turned his head and bit his lips, he couldn't do anything nor stop him as he claimed before couple of minutes, his heart was almost exploded in his chest as he fan the flame!

"congratulation, it's refreshing to see young couple, god bless you!" people who came near the new couple, Jung su and Jessica, greeting them happily and congratulating them warmly.

"can't you fake a smile?" Jung su bowed to the people who came near him while saying to Jessica beneath his teeth.

"I'm not superior at acting as you" she replied to him carelessly.

"wow…it seems you took good lesson from that newbie, huh!" he looked at her and tight his fist around her hand and fake a smile while his eyes telling something else.

"mind your business…move your…." Jessica said but he immediately interrupted her "people are watching especially your dad, don't disappoint them…!" he put a grin on his lips showing his bright teeth.

"how can you act like that?"

"are you trying to confirm the story to your dad?" Jung su said beneath his lips with a forcible smile pulling the bride to his side closer.

"what are you…. What story?" Jessica stared at his face that it was near her and smiled when she witnessed that her family and other people were observing their suspicious moving!

"that I'm the one who in love with you…and you're trying to show people that you're forced to get married to me?! HUH?" Jung su turned his head and looked at her darken eyes for a moment then he swallowed his saliva and changed his sight.

"what a mind do you have? But…it's true somehow!" Jessica said pouting her lips and raising her eyebrow in teasing manner. She tried to compose herself by taking off her hand, and finally she won!

"OH. MY! can you delay this useless conversation later? Just smile at this moment for your dad!" Jung su when he looked at her dad's direction he bowed with a smile trying to ignore what he heard from the latter.

"why they are so intimate? Damn this Jessica, even after I warned her she refused to listen! GO AWAY!!" Taeyeon thought and gave the couple in her view the scariest stare ever. "I should stay at home instead of watching fake couple!" she whispered trying to raise her voice to let people heard her mumbling…to no avail.

"aren't they adorable together?" heymi said to her husband who nodded in agreement with her.

"they are really suit each other!" Tae san replied to her. "I wouldn't regret anything this time, I think my decision was right" he ended up his sentence by looking at hyung mi and they exchanged their smiles.

"folk…don't you want to see a royal dance here by our young couple?" Jessica's mother, heymi, stood in the middle and caught everybody's attention by saying her words with a delightful voice which made the public to agree with her.

"mom what are you doing?!" Jessica whispered to herself and bit her lips in embarrassment.

"your mother is amazing!" Jung su said meaning each word he said.

Jung su lend his hand to her then she put hers and they tightened their fist and walked till they reached the middle surrounding by people.

Jessica's eyes scanned the people around her then someone caught her eyes…it was heechul. He was holding a glass of wine witness her with so much pain in his face that he couldn't hide anymore.

Jung su followed her sight then saw heechul and the smirk went on his skin. He cut her gaze by grabbing her waist and pulled her to him which made their bodies to be in touch then he caught her hand to start the dance.

Jessica couldn't deny that her heart was beating roughly, which made her sweating! Seeing heechul with that expression, he was somehow a reflection of her own, he reminded her of herself.

"so…your boyfriend is here!" Jung su came closer to her ear and whispered to her while they were dancing with the cheer of the surrounding people.

"focus in your steps!" she replied.

"smile…I really like to see your smile" he said warmly to her which made her heart to beat furiously even more. His words made her blank which caused her to mess few steps and made her almost fell in the floor, but he grabbed her in way showing that they were still in sync and they were enjoying their dance.

They stood and completed their dance.

"what happened now…made me remember when you were stalking me when I was playing…"

"great…you have a great memory"

He swung her then he pulled her to him which their faces were inches away from each other. Their breathing were slapping each others' cheeks and they were gazing each others' eyes like forever as the heartbeat from the both were in sync as it pounding furiously in their chests. Her face was so beautiful near him that he couldn't say anything else but..pretty.

"yah…son in law…kiss her!" heymi shouted happily from afar.

The sound of Jessica's mother made them melt into their world. Jung su found her words as a fuel to him to take the next step, he wanted to kiss her this time. When he almost near her lips they heard a sound of cracking which made them stopped their moves and looking around at what happened.

When they followed the sound they figured out that it came from Jessica's friends side, Yoona, Siwon and Heechul. It seemed more likely the one who caused the mess was no other but Heechul.

"heechul-sshi!" Jessica exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, it's just dropped from my hand!" heechul excused, he seemed not sorry at all based on his rough expression.

Jung su immediately knew what heechul was aiming by his sudden vibes and his gaze to Jung su, so he drew a smirk on his face and leaned his arm around Jessica's shoulder then turned her and kissed her suddenly intimately. Jessica couldn't resist anymore and went with the flow.

"don’t…do….that to her….you don't deserve her..!" heechul whispered to himself with a flame of jealousy which Yoona could clearly hear each word and pity her friend!

"sorry…" she whispered, she knew heechul's real feeling toward Jessica really well needless from him to mention that to her….!

____________________________________________

^_^