The Invasion

My Daddy

Seungho was carrying Lauren and Hyomyung was carrying Ren. They were in rush. Behind them the merry-go-round exploded. Seungho tottered at the shock, and looked back to check on Hyomyung. She was panting. Ren was gazing blankly at their attacker. The black robot. The big, black robot, with the head of a bunny. It was as tall as a house. People panicked. Everybody ran for their lives. The holiday turned into a survival chaos.

"Get in," Seungho put Lauren down in front of their car. Everyone obediently followed his order and get in the car. Seungho started the engine and left the parking lot in rush. The ground behind them cracked, due to the strong force shot by the big robot behind. Noticing there was one car left the battle area, the robot turned to the object and aim its arm at the car. It shone, charging the power and shot a laser beam. Seungho pressed the gas pedal harder and the laser shot the ground just a meter away behind them. Their car shook at the shock, and Hyomyung shrieked. Lauren started to cry at the back. Ren held her hands to comfort her.

Seungho glanced at the rearview, the bunny turned to their direction. It was chasing them with its big step. "What do we do?" Hyomyung asked. Her voice was trembling. Seungho looked at her, trying to find a word to comfort her, but there was none. "We just have to keep running," was all he could say. It wasn't like they have any other options.

Seungho turned at the intersection, and the robot got a chance to aim more accurately. Seungho turned the steering wheel as fast as he could, but the bumper was shot. Their car flew, and crashed to a shop. Seungho quickly opened the doors and carried the kids out. They were forced to run again this time. They didn't know why the robot was persistent to chase them while there were so many other people. "Go to that alley!" Seungho ordered. Hyomyung was confused but she followed his words.

"Daddy!" Lauren's call was blurry in Seungho's mind. He was trying to find some way to distract the robot to buy them some times. His eyes caught an airsoft gun from the shop beside him. He walked in and snatched the gun, causing the shop owner to yelled at him, but he ignored it. He looked for the bullet and filled the gun with it. The robot was about to take down a fruit shop, when Seungho aimed the gun. He shot the head. The bunny did not move an inch. It turned its sight to Seungho. Seungho could tell it was angered. It aimed its arm again. Before the charging was complete, though, Seungho shot the rest of the bullet into the arm's hole, just where the laser was about to coming out. Due to the continuously attack, the arm went error and explode, causing the big robot to tottered and fell down.

Seungho then ran to where Hyomyung and the kids waited. "C'mon let's go somewhere safe," Seungho said. Before they left, though Seungho noticed a little girl with an oddly green hair. She was standing in front of a supermarket, gazing at the robot who was trying to get back on its feet. She was with two nuns. "Run!" Seungho yelled to them. But too late, The robot stood up and had its revenge. With the other arm, it shot bullets like a machine gun. Swiftly, Seungho pushed the kids and Hyomyung and made them lie on the ground to dodge the bullets. The glass window from the shop beside them shattered. Seungho took all the shattered glass on his body, not letting it touched either Hyomyung or the kids. When the attack was stopped, Seungho turned around. The two nuns were dead from the attack. The little girl survived, gazing at him.

He protected the woman and the kids, the little girl could say. But why?

Why did no one protect her?

Her eyes widened in horror, as she trembled at the thought. Jealousy, perhaps that was what it is. Her gaze was altered to the big robot. It was walking toward them and ready to blow its final attack. Seungho couldn't move, and it was too late to run. Seungho gazed into the robot's shining eyes.

Is this it?

The machin gun arm was aimed at them again.

Is this the end?

Seungho closed his eyes at the sound of the trigger. But Hyomyung's voice pulled his mind back. "Look!" Seungho opened his eyes to see what happened. It was the army. They came with tank and the jet shoot multiple bullets to the robot. Some of the soldiers covered Seungho and ordered them to move adn find soem safe place. So they did. Seungho took a glance at the little girl from before, but she had gone. He was waorried, but for now, they had to stay away from the battlefield.

Seungho brought the group to an alley. They were panting and Hyomyung tried to calm the kids, as Lauren started to get teary. Seungho took a glance at the robot. The tank shot twice, and the jet launched a missiles. Seungho covered the kids' ears as the sound of explosion burst. The next thing he saw, the robot crumpled to the ground, broken all over its body, unmoving. "The heck?" Seungho frowned. He was expecting a big fight, he thought the robot was one hard opponent. But the army took it down less than 10 minutes. The soldiers came and check the robot. One of them shouted, confirming that the robot had been taken down.

"It was weak," Seungho whispered.

"What?" Hyomyung was unsure. Lauren was sobbing in her arms.

"The robot. The army took it down easily," Seungho shrugged. "It wasn't a strong enemy."


Thanks for all the comments <3 please subscribe if you haven't and thanks for looking forward to the next chappie! <3

this chapter was rather short, huh... Sorry T__T