Hello, Daddy

My Daddy

Lauren let out a sigh, and it quickly turn to a mist, flying in the cold air. It was winter, the snow has yet to fall, but the weather was cold. The sky was sorrow. Lauren never liked winter. It gave her this weary feeling, and her nose hurt from breathing the cold air. A warm object suddenly pressed to her white cheek that has turned to a little red from the cold air. Lauren turned, and smiled. The blonde man behind her replied her smile. Lauren took the coffee-- the previously warm object, he held. "Thanks, Ren!"

"You shouldn't spacing out here," Ren drank his own coffee. "We're in a hurry."

"Well the car isn't here yet," Lauren pouted.

"Yeah, I called that ahjussi. Said he was trapped in a traffic jam."

"Should we just walk to where the car is? At least it's warm in there."

"I'm afraid it would tire you, Ms. Lauren, as you're having a hard time performing and rushing to talkshows these days," Ren smiled playfully.

"I am in a perfect condition, Mr. Manager, don't you worry," Lauren winked.

"What if a fan would attack you?" Ren chuckled.

"Oh come on, this street is always so quiet, people rarely passed by except some ahjummas, going home from the market," Lauren shrugged, followed by their laughter. "I missed this street anyways," Lauren continued.

"Oh, that's right... We used to pass by this road every day when we were going to school, huh... It has become quiet... Abandoned."

"It's kinda sad..." Lauren glanced at an old apartment. "Let's go in there for a second."

"We're gonna be late," Ren warned, but Lauren didn't care. She headed for the mailboxes. She seacrhed for their old home's room number. The mailbox was empty. Somebody must've took the letters. because once in a week, Lauren would sent letter to this address. She used to believe it was her dad, but the neighbors said that room had been abandoned ever since the war. Probably the janitor just took it and disposed of it because no one took it for a long time. Lauren sighed.

"...Why do you keep writing it?" Ren asked in a low tone.

Lauren snorted and smiled bitterly. "I just felt like it," she shrugged. "It made me feel like I talked to him, even though he's not replying."

Ren put his arm around Lauren's shoulder to comfort her. "Let's go," he said, Lauren obediently followed him. "But I want to continue sending him letters," Lauren looked at Ren, as if asking for his approval. Ren looked at her, not saying anything. Then he chuckled, "What? What's with that puppy eyes look?"

Lauren chuckled. "I thought you wouldn't like it."

"I won't stop you," Ren shrugged. "I know how you're feeling. I miss him too."

Lauren smiled at her manager, also, her boyfriend. "C'mon we're late already," Lauren chuckled, and dragged Ren to their car.

***

"Annyeong haseyo, Lauren-ssi, thank you for coming," the MC greeted after the round of applause by the audience.

"Ne, annyeong haseyo," Lauren bowed comfortably on her seat. She was on a famous talkshow now, wearing her make up and beautiful dress. The show was fun, what's with the comedian's hilarious jokes and all, but Lauren couldn't smile happily as she usually did. It was christmas eve, actually. She still remembered teh cristmas eve when the 4 of them were still together. Her, Ren, Hyomyung, and Seungho.

"Lauren-ssi?"

"Ne?" Lauren was surprised at the MC's call. She was accidentally spaced out. The PD won't like it. But the MC successfully turn the situation and comedian made it funny again. "So, here's our last question for today," the MC stated. "Please send your dad a video message, if he's watching this show now."

Lauren thought a little. She looked at the camera, preparing to say her words. She actually didn't know what to say, so she just blurted out what was on her mind. "Hi daddy. Um... It's christmas eve, so, Merry Christmas! I hope you are well now, and... I believe... That you are still alive, even now. I hope you're watching me now, and... I miss you a lot. I even used to wait at Hyomyung's grave because I thought you would come and visit her," Lauren laughed at her silliness, but as she talked, a tear slipped through her eyes. She quickly wiped it, though. She tried hard for her voice not to tremble. "Hey, dad... You'll come for me, right?"

".....I'm sorry," Lauren forced out a laugh and turn her face from the camera. Crying in front of the camera was never good.

"Aniyo, it's okay, Lauren-ssi," the MC sat closer and gave her a pat on the back. "Now, we should do the closing!"

The mood turned happy again as they do the closing. It somehwat, cheered Lauren up, as she sang and dance along the closing song with the other guests. They ended the show with yelling 'merry christmas' to the camera.

Lauren wasn't the only one crying, though. One of the audiences, before the TV, his tears rolled down his cheek. "You should meet her, hyung," a voice talked behind him. Letters scattered on the table before him. All with the same handwriting, and the same sender.

"I suppose... It's time, huh, Joonie?"

***

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Ren kissed Lauren's forehead and he waved goodbye. Lauren waved back at him, smiling until her lips reached her ears. Night is her favorite time because it was when Ren would kiss her goodbye. Ren turned back after gave her his best smile. He walked back to the bus stop, ready to go home. "You sure grow up to know how to treat ladies well, Ren."

Ren turned back in surprised at the voice. His eyes met the speaker's. "You're----"

Lauren was humming her favorite song while pushing the close button in the lift, when suddenly a hand stopped the lift's door from closing. "Ren?" Lauren widened her eyes in confusion as she saw Ren, panting, holding the lift's door. "What is it? You surprised me."

Ren couldn't find a word to describe it, so he stepped aside, revealing the man behind him. The man's arm was replaced by a fake one, which he found hard to be moved around, which explained why he couldn't reply the letters. Yet his smile was still the same as how Lauren remembered them. Her bag dropped to the ground as her hands cupped . Before she knew it, tears welled up in her eyes.

"Merry Christmas, my Lauren."

***

Behind the scene: Lauren's last letter

" Dear daddy,

You know, I just suddenly remembered... When I was totally angry when you said you'll marry Hyomyung. And when you said you're not my biological father, a thought came to me 'hey that means I can marry him!' Hahaha, it's so silly. I always smiled when I remembered that. But when I heard Hyomyung was killed during the invasion... I totally regret it... I've never been good to her. And... It must be hard for you, right dad? You really loved her, didn't you?

I wanted... To say sorry. To both of you. Do you know why I became a celebrity? So that you will see me on tv, lol. Ren said he got a hunch that the 4 of us couldn't be together again, when we left for Canada. It was true. Even if we meet up now... Without Hyomyung it won't be the same.

I'm sorry... Dad, if you're reading this... Please, reply to me. I really want to see you again. I miss you so badly. You promised you'll come for me... Right, daddy? "


A little... Messed up ending =___=; sorry if it's not good =A= thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! <3<3