Lauren Likes Her New Friend

My Daddy

It was Sunday. Lauren was hoping her way to the picnic area. No work for daddy today, and he promised Lauren they will eat fish by the weekend. So Seungho brought fish sandwich and sushi for their picnic. The picnic were not crowded, most of the children went straight to the playground, not far from the area, and their moms would watch them. There were plenty of spaces for Lauren to explore, then. She ran around the big trees, observing the nearby bench, and watching the street light in awe. She couldn't decide which spot should they take for their picnic.

"Lauren-ah, let's sit here. It's shady," Seungho's stamina grew weak as he had to carry the heavy picnic basket, backpack and mat. Lauren nodded in agreement and help her daddy did the mat on the ground. She only made it wrapped here and there, though, which gave Seungho more works. Seungho chuckled and told her to just stand there. Lauren pouted. When everything finally settled, Seungho sat, followed by Lauren and they started to unpack their lunch.

"Where is the fish?" Lauren asked.

"Here it is," Seungho pointed at the top of a sashimi.

"It looks different from what sunsaengnim drew for us."

"Because the chef ahjussi had cook it first. The fish was chop into tiny layers like this one."

"Why? That's sad, it must've been hurt."

"Because Lauren can eat it if he hadn't," Seungho ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, the fish was put to sleep before it was chopped."

Lauren looked at her food. She still felt sorry. "Were chickens and cows chopped too before we eat them?"

"Of course."

Lauren frowned in grief. Poor animals. Probably she'll just eat vegetables then. Seungho noticed this and chuckled. "Don't worry, they were  made to be eaten." Lauen gave him the 'oh, really?' look as she smiled in relief. She looked at sushi. Sorry, fish, Lauren thought, she still felt sorry. But she gulp the whole sushi anyways. It was too big for and her cheeks became very round as she was having difficulty chewing.

"Is it too big?" Seungho smiled at the hilarious face. He cut Lauren's sushi into two. "Lauren's mouth is so small. Look, daddy can eat it in one shot," Seungho put one sushi in his mouth without difficulty and swallow it after 5 chews. Lauren was jealous, but couldn't speak because the sushi just won't wreck inside , she let out an angry mumble. "What? I can't understand you!" Seungho teased. Lauren tried hard to chew it then, with a frown she finally able to swallow it. "Because daddy's mouth is too big, it's not cute," Lauren explained herself and stick out her tongue.

"Yah, don't do that to me," Seungho's expression changed to serious. He despised impoliteness. Lauren turned her head, causing her wavy hair to swang. "Oh, that's what you want? Fine, daddy will eat the sushi alone."

"No, I want the sushi!" Lauren immediately turned back and snatched the sushi.

Seungho chuckled in victory. Soon, they began to eat as many sushis as they can. Both afraid that the other might eat all the sushis before they could. Although even a dying grandma could tell who would be the winner, Lauren keep nomming on the sushi as fast as she could. Seungho secretly cutting her sushis in two so it wouldn't be too big for her, as he kept on gulping the sushi. Finally there was only one sushi left. Seungho attempt to snatch it; in slow motion. Naive as she is, Lauren was afarid Seungho would snath the sushi, so she did it first. "Yay, Lauren wins!!" She smiled in victory and swiftly put the sushi in . Seungho groaned as he covered his face with his hands and rolling on the ground. "Noooo!!" He cried desperately, yet couldn't contain his laugh.

Lauren laughed hard while bursting aegyo. Her laugh stopped when she saw a familiar figure. "Ah, Ms. Seo."

Seungho stopped his silly act, afraid that the woman might've seen his ridiculous face just then. But Hyomyung didn't seem to notice them. She was walking by the path, holding a little boy's hands, taking him to the playground. "Ms. Seo, Ms. Seo!" Lauren called for her, as Seungho was too shy to greet. They quickly stood up, Hyomyung smiled as she noticed the two. She took the boy with her to greet the family first. The boy was expressionless, couldn't tell if he was disappointed or didn't mind at all.

"Hello there, Lauren!" Hyomyung cheerfully greeted Lauren, but soon turned to awkward when she greeted Seungho. "Annyeong haseyo, Seungho-ssi," she bowed.

"Annyeong haseyo," Seungho replied. "Oh, just drop the '-ssi'."

Hyomyung chuckled. "Okay. So... What are you two doing? Having a picnic?" She glanced at the lunch pack behind them.

"Yeah, because today is daddy's day off!" Lauren said.

"Wah, that's nice. Are you having fun?" Hyomyung pat Lauren's head as she nodded.

"So, who's the little friend?" Seungho bent down to study the boy's face more. Even though he was still 5 years old, he has such a pretty face. His blonde hair added more beauty to his pale skin. His lips were curved naturally, but there was no smile there. His big, double eye-lid eyes shot a sorrowful gaze. Seungho was surprised to see this. How can a child had such a sad aura arround him like this? His face was that of a procelain doll. Dainty, yet fragile. Seungho almost refer to him as 'little girl' if it's not for Hyomyung to have introduced him first.

"Oh, this little guy here is a new student. He will be joining the class starting tomorrow, I'm taking him for a tour around the city. Go on, introduce yourself," Hyomyung said. The boy looked at her in doubt. Hiding his face behind her hand which was still holding his, he mumbled. "...Ren."

Seungho and Lauren didn't catch it and Hyomyung spoke up for him. "His name's Ren," she explained. "He's a same-age friend for Lauren. Get along well, okay?" Seungho looked at Lauren as if giving a cue. Lauren understood the code and offered her hand. "Nice to meet you, Ren, I'm Lauren!" Ren wasn't sure what to do, so Hyomyung guided his hand to Lauren's and they lightly shook their hands.

Seungho glanced at Hyomyung. He knew something was not right with this kid. Hyomyung felt like she could tell everything to Seungho, so she decided to have a talk. "Ren-ah, do you want to play with Lauren?" She asked. Ren shyly grabbed Hyomyung's hand tighter and hid behind her. "Go play with her at the playground," Hyomyung chuckled as she persuaded the boy.

"Lauren-ah, take Ren with you to the playground," Seungho said. He added something in whisper, "Take care of him." Obediently, Lauren nodded and extended her hand to Ren.

"Let's go, Ren," Lauren smiled. Ren looked at her in doubt. At Hyomyung's encouragement, he finally took Lauren's hand, and they walked together to the playground.

"Look how sweet they are," Hyomyung whispered as she watched the two.

"Yeah, they'd make a good couple," Seungho agreed.

Hyomyung chuckled. "They're still too young."

"...By the way... That kid, he's really shy, huh?"

"Well, actually..." Hyomyung's expression turned to somewhat sad, which worried Seungho even more. "I found him walking aimlessly during the rain, a week ago. He passed out in front of me and his clothes was all torn-off and he was dirty. I took him to home, he caught a fever then, and after awhile he finally wanted to speak to me. I don't know what he had been through, but it seems tough on him."

Seungho raised his eyebrows. What could have happened to that kid? "Wow, that's harsh. It's a good thing you found him."

"Yes, I always wanted a son too, remember?" Hyomyung chuckled as she blushed. "I'm suer the time will come when he finally opens up to me. I just hope he and Lauren get along. It'd be good if he has a friend."

"Yeah, and since they're at the same age too, I think it would be best for them to get close. Poor boy," Seungho looked at the petite boy.

"By the way, it's a nice idea to go out on a picnic in such a nice day as today!"

"Oh yeah," Seungho chuckled. "Lauren wanted to go out since we rarely had time to share on weekdays. She always whined for me to take her out for walk on Sunday."

Hyomyung chuckled. They absorbed in their talk as it was getting interested. Who knew that they actually shared the same favourite food and both wanted to be young mom and dad, and now both have adopted a child. They found a lot in common and easy to talk with each other. The shy, gentle yet full of aegyo woman seemed to have piqued Seungho's interest. He never met such an intersting woman... Wait, he never even got to know a woman pretty well before. He was always absorbed in his job, he gave up the dream of becoming a young father, and just focused on his job. He thought a policeman is what he was born for, but he actually found that he wanted to be that ordinary father who always care for his child.

Meanwhile, Lauren was staring at the slide. It was long, and its color was deep blue, which made it dark inside. Lauren was too afraid to go inside, but she didn't want to say it because daddy said she had to take care of Ren, which meant she had to look brave. She gulped. Ren looked at her, waiting for her to move. "Aren't you going in?" He asked. Lauren looked at him and pout.

"The slide shucks, let's go play something else!"

"...Are you afraid of the dark?"

Lauren immediately shook her head hard. "No no no, I'm not afraid, I--" Lauren tried to reason but it was futile. She was easy to read.

"It's okay," Ren looked at slide. "I'm afraid too."

"Afraid of the slide?" Lauren tilted her head. Boys in her school usually act brave about anything.

Ren shook her head. "The darkness."

"Why?"

Ren looked at the floor. "Because..." His voice won't come out. His heart began to thump faster as the memories played back. Lauren noticed his hands were clenched. It was trembling, so Lauren wanted to comfort him. She took his hands in hers.

"It's okay. It's not dark anymore, see?" Lauren smiled. Ren looked at her in surprise. How can a person be this... Bright, he wondered. Nevertheless, her words calmed him down. He nodded. "Let's play something else!" Lauren dragged him down.

Back with Seungho, the radio he brought stopped the music for a breaking news. Him and Hyomyung listened carefully. An unknown force has destroyed a building overseas. It wasn't the first. They all knew where the attack was from.

Matoki. They once gave a warning. They wanted to conquer the Earth. But the humans were too cocky. They didn't set a defense plan, and now it came again. More over, there was a signal containing a message. The radio broadcasted the contain with a hazy voice. 'We shall conquer the Earth. With all the powers we have.'

Seungho gulped. The radio gave notification that young males might have to join the army to add more to the force. Seungho was no exception. His age was considered young and productive. Hyomyung looked at him, worried. About the Earth, about the children, about the man in front of her. What will become of Earth? Seungho stood up, and called Lauren and Ren. "Lauren-ah, Ren-ah, let's go home now!"


So, yeah I made Ren of NU'EST to a child. Imagine how cute he will be *__*

And if you read my 'The Invasion' fanfic, you must've realized, this is the attack they were talking about. The Matoki once attack Earth but failed, remember? So this fanfic is happening before 'The Invasion'. This will be the Matoki's first attack on Earth~! Zelo hasn't exist yet and the rest B.A.P are still tiny little kiddies~ So you can check it out if you haven't, especially you like B.A.P~~