Daddy's Last Letter

My Daddy

" Dear Lauren,

Seems like the war has begun yet again. They built big robot and new weapons, and someone said there was a biological weapon. Said his hair is pink. Daddy has to go back to the military. This time, the war will be even more terrible. They have upgraded their weapons, we couldn't take them down so easily like we did at the first war. And we're short of men too.

Lauren, Ren, you're safe there, right? Study well and behave.

Lauren... I'm afraid I won't have another chance to say this to you, so daddy's gonna say something that might be a little shocking. Tell George or Joanne if you started feeling unwell, okay?

Lauren... Actually the man you have been calling daddy all this time isn't your real daddy. I'm sorry. Lauren's daddy has died while protecting the city from thieves. It was probably a huge shock to you and you got amnesia. You couldn't remember that your daddy has died. Then you called the first person you saw when you woke up--- me, daddy. I just couldn't say it, that time, that I wasn't your daddy, and your daddy has died. So I decided I would take you as my daughter.

Do you hate me now? Even if you do, I couldn't stop thinking of you as my own daughter. I was happy when we were together. Lauren is very precious to me, you know that right? I'm sorry for hiding this all this time. But I will always think of you as my daughter. My Lauren... My lovely pretty little Lauren... You must've all grown up by now. You must be pretty. Your eyes resembled your real father very much. Have you ever wonder why you look like a Canadian, while I'm a pure Korean? Nevertheless, thank you for always believing in me.

I love you, Lauren. Like my own daughter... I really do. I believe you will grow to a nice, elegant woman. The pretty and cheerful Lauren that I know. I wish I could see you now...

Goodbye, Lauren. "

***

" Daddy,

What are you talking about? I couldn't believe it at first. But I didn't remember a single thing about another daddy beside you! Was daddy crying when writing this? The paper showed some signs of tears. Daddy, don't cry... Lauren loves you too very much too! My daddy is only Seungho, he will always be my daddy!

Of course you will see me again! Daddy will come for me when the war is over, right? Why did you say goodbye? Please reply soon.

Love,

Lauren "

***

" Dear daddy,

It has been a month since your last letter. You've never took this long to reply my letters. Are you busy? The news said we won, yay! But there were many casualties. Daddy's not one of them, right? You're okay right? Please reply soon.

Love,

Lauren "

***

" Dear daddy,

I wonder if you changed your address? I hope this letter gets to you. Daddy wasn't at the casualties list! But why aren't you replying? I saw the name Hyomyung at the casualties list, is it really our Hyomyung??

If you're not replying because of the things you said before, you're not my real daddy and all, don't worry! I still want you as my daddy! Please reply. Lauren misses you very much.

PS: Ren just confessed to me, what do I do?? Please reply!!

Love,

Lauren "

***

" Hi dad.

I don't care if this gets to you or not anymore... Writing letters to you has become my daily ritual now, lol. Do you know lol? It stands for laugh out loud. I can teach you a lot of teen's words!

By the way, we're going back to Korea next week. We finished high school. George and Joanne said we should go back to Korea and live there. I'm really thankful to them. I'll absolutely visit your address. If I ever find you there and you're not replying my messages, be ready to get a punch~~!!! Teehee.

PS: Ren gave me a ring <3"


A/N: the war lasted for like, 1-2 years? things were calm after then, but Lauren wouldnt be allowed to go back to Korea since she's too young. It's kind of confusing? sorry T^T thank u for giving your loves to my stories <3 I love ya guys~ chuchuchuchu {} *slap*