Somewhere Beautiful

A Hurt Head, a Healed Heart

*******************************************************************

 

                                                     -Flashback-

 

Kyuhyun was dragging Yesung down a narrow, dimly lit street filled with noisy clubs on one side and a strange, ragged crowd leaning against the other. Some eyeballs were unnatrually wide, while others were half-lidded in a daze.

 

“…Didn’t I tell you not to go to places like this???! You know it’s stupid to use drugs!!! So why do it????”

 

Yesung didn’t even hear him. His eyes were fixed upon something only he could see.

 

He started trembling, and looked as if he was about to cry.

 

“…Don’t worry. I’ll get you somewhere beautiful. Somewhere we could be free…”

 

Kyuhyun was amazed by his own words. Those thoughts that never even took shape poured out of him, as if he was in high, not Yesung. He was even more surprised to see his hyung was listening now, trying hard to focus his big, big eyes on Kyuhyun.

 

He couldn’t return Yesung to the dorm. There was always a TV crew around there, and if anyone saw Yesung on drugs, the scandal could end their career. Not just for the two of them, but their friends too. He couldn’t do that, and knowing Yesung, he’d rather fry and eat his dear turtles than cause trouble for his friends.

 

Kyuhyun hardly noticed where he was going. Suddenly, they found themselves at an amusement park. The attractions were alive with colour, a great panorama wheel especially vivid. It rotated slowly, leaving the people in its seats smiling at the wonderful view.

 

“Wanna get up there?”, Kyu asked.

 

With a faint smile, his hyung nodded.

 

They were climbing up, above everyone and everything, their speed pleasantly slow. Kyuhyun was holding Yesung tightly around the waist as the older sat in his lap.

 

The drugs were wearing off of Yesung. On the other hand, Kyuhyun felt kinda dizzy from being so very near his beloved, absently Yesung’s hair.

 

The city spread beneath them, an endless pattern of lit windows and dark silhouettes of skyscrapers under a starry sky.

 

“…This….so….beauti…ful…”, Yesung managed to say. Kyuhyun was not at all surprised. It was a very Yesung-like sight. Although very dark, it was filled with patches of light. The maknae smiled in satisfaction.

 

But clearly, Yesung was still a little…high.

 

“…’Tis a crazy world…always spinning round…”

 

It made absolutely no goddamn sense. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but laugh, his clear voice filling the air.

 

Invited by the sound, Yesung joined in.

 

We must look like two madmen… Okay, Yesung IS high, but I… I’m just happy to be here with him, Kyuhyun realised. Up here, he felt much lighter, as if he’d left all the restraining thoughts down in that junkies’ lair where he found Yesung.

 

Their ride was climbing down. He held his hyung tighter, just in case, enjoying the feeling of the other’s body against his own. Yesung was relaxed in his arms, taking both of Kyu’s hands in his.

 

Being awarded countless prizes and praised by millions of fans – nothing felt better or more right that taking that ride with Yesung. For once, Kyu made his hyung happy.

 

Yesung won’t remember any of this when the drugs wear off, right?

 

At least Kyuhyun thought so.

 

 

                                               -End of flashback-

 

 

Now, he prayed he was wrong.

 

His dark eyes were fixed on Yesung. Kyuhyun prayed he’d remember that night – the one time he was completely honest with his hyung.

 

I was so in stupid!!! And terribly confused! If he’d just remember, he’d know the person with him that night, was the real me.

 

Still, Yesung’s eyes were infinitely distant.

 

What gods he was praying to, Kyuhyun had no idea. He just hoped that, somehow, Yesung would remember.

 

I don’t really care about anything else anymore! Please, just bring him back…

 

Only now, when he was about to lose him, did Kyuhyun fully realize how much he needed Yesung hyung, this weird but amazing person he was hopelessly in love with.

 

 

************************************************