The Happiest Man on Earth

A Hurt Head, a Healed Heart

*************************************************************************

 

 

“....Kyu..hyun....ngh...please.....ah....Kyuhyun....!!!”

 

Yesung opened his eyes, unaware of what he’d just mumbled in his sleep. Looking to his right, he saw Kyuhyun wide awake, sitting next to him in bed. Kyuhyun was gazing around their usual room as if every object in it was absolutely fascinating, clearly avoiding to look at Yesung.

 

Confused and worried, Yesung asked: “Hey… why aren’t you sleepin? You okay?”

 

“How am I supposed to sleep with you there?”

 

Still sleepy, Yesung tried to process what his friend had just said. But it just made no damn sense.

 

“….Wha…I was what?!”

 

Kyuhyun made an irritated sound, accompanied by a smirk. He was an expert at that. But when he spoke, his voice sounded very strange, even to himself.

 

 “You’ve been…. saying my name… and making these… sounds…. for the last hour.”

 

Yesung felt his face burn, hoping the early hours would hide his blushing, as he remembered the dream he’d just had. Normally, he’d try to push stuff like that to the farthest places of his mind and go back to sleep. But now he felt Kyuhyun wanted an explanation.

 

Yesung was still trying to come up with something to say, when Kyuhyun spoke instead. He still wore that weird voice that revealed nothing about what he thought or felt.

 

“…You love me. Don’t you?”

 

Again, Yesung’s mind was thrown into a state of total confusion and disbelief, and he seemed to had forgotten how to speak. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

 

Yesung then did what he’d always do when facing a situation he couldn’t handle. He just turned to the other side so he wouldn’t have to look into Kyuhyun’s enigmatic eyes. He prayed that, somehow, Kyuhyun would forget about whatever the hell just happened and go back to sleep.

 

Just when Yesung thought his prayers had been answered, he felt those warm arms he knew so well wrap around his waist. Then the rest of Kyunhyun’s body, hugging him from behind. And still, Yesung hoped it would stop there. Because he needed to tell Kyuhyun something – and he didn’t know how to do it without hurting him. He just hoped Kyuhyun wouldn’t go any further.

 

Oh how very wrong he was.

 

Suddenly, Yesung felt Kyuhyun move, and before he knew it Kyuhyun was on top of him, pinning his hands to the bed as kissed him forcefully but affectionately, making Yesung’s insides turn upside down and his body burn – in a good way.

 

Yesung’s mind was screaming at him, telling him to push the maknae away, but that seemed harder than lifting a goddamn mountain – Kyuhyun simply tasted too sweet, and for some reason, everything felt so in right.

 

Gasping into the kiss as a sudden ripping sound reached his ears, Yesung realized his shirt must have been torn off. He barely had time to notice though, since Kyuhyun took the opportunity to insert his tongue, starting a minor war between them over who would dominate the kiss. Yesung’s mind was finally silenced, as if melted from all of the heat. The only thing that mattered now was pleasing the other.

 

Finally giving in to Kyuhyun, Yesung let him explore his mouth. His hands were going through the maknae’s silky hair, still dyed dirty blonde because of a photoshoot the day before. Inside Yesung’s blank mind, a single thought popped up.

 

“I must be the happiest man on Earth right now.”

 

 

**************************************************************************