A Memory to Save You

A Hurt Head, a Healed Heart

*****************************************************

 

“…Wake up, Yesung.”

 

NO, Yesung thought stubbornly, ignoring the familiar voice. I’d rather sleep here forever…

 

“Come on Yesung!!!... Please?”

 

I can’t. I don’t have the strength…

 

“….Kyuhyun’s dead, Yesung.”

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT?????!!!!!!!”, Yesung screamed, instantly bolting out of  bed.

 

“He’s OK, Kyu’s OK!!!”, Donghae said, trying to calm Yesung down. “I just had to say that, since nothing else would make you get up!!! I’m sorry, really!!!”

                                                                                                                          

“WHERE IS HE???”, Yesung asked, wide eyes suddenly focused on Donghae. “TELL ME!!!” Yesung roared, grabbing his dongsaeng by his shirt and literally lifting him off his feet. There was a mad gleam in his eyes.

 

“….D….DOWN IN THE LIVING ROOM!!! …Please calm down… you’re acting like a madman…”, Donghae managed to utter, and Yesung let him go. Donghae couldn’t even recognize this crazy, violent Yesung – he was always so sweet and peaceful…

 

“I wonder whatever happened to him…?” Donghae thought, getting really worried.

 

But Yesung was already sprinting down the staircase, jumping over five stairs at a time, and barged into the crowded living room, completely out of breath.

 

“…K…KYU….!!!”

 

That was all he could say – and all he needed to. His fellow members stood aside, frightened by this wild, insane person, who slightly resembled their friend Yesung.

 

Reluctantly, he approached the couch everyone was crowded around. Sure enough, Kyuhyun was alive. The maknae even looked peaceful, his pale, perfectly carved face relaxed – until he noticed Yesung.

 

There was a painful expression on Kyuhyun’s face, his eyes big and his body trembling. He couldn’t utter a word. What he saw hurt him really badly, as if he was stabbed by knives again and again. His hyung Yesung looked like a fleeing criminal, scared out of his mind, eyes distant in insanity.

 

Kyuhyun then knew there was nothing he could say that would help. A tear rolled down his cheek. All he ever did was hurt the guy he loved – and all he really wanted to do was keep him from getting hurt.

 

But maybe, just maybe, Yesung would remember…

 

It took Kyuhyun enormous effort to manage a small smile and a laugh – but this was his last chance to reach his hyung.

 

“…’Tis a crazy world, always spinnin round…” , said Kyu, keeping his little smile.

 

Everyone in the room was utterly confused. What the hell was the maknae saying???!!

 

 

*************************************************