Chapter 21: Invite

HottieSitting

Chapter 21: Invite

A/N: Ending in 3...   404 subscribers though? Are you all mad? XD Want another JongKey story (featuring GTOP) by myself (and my friend, Angel110) can be read here                 Speaking of Angel110 she helped me a little with the chapter so yay <3 3701 words to make up for spoilers?

 
Key blinked at the sight of a brightly coloured envelope sitting on his doormat. The pink stood out from the other white or beige envelopes promoting offers or bills, all commercial and impersonal referring him as Mr. Kim or Kim Kibum never Key. But this enveloped declared 'Key' in bold writing, it all felt rather personal and as if it was just for him. Well it was meant just for him as was all the other letters but this one felt as if it was for who he really was rather than just yet another on a list. It was even personalised with doodles he realised as he turnt it over in his hands, he wondered who it was from. After all not that many people called him Key, no one from his studies, not his parents. To them he was just plain old Kibum, just another face in the classroom or just the son they hadn't seen in a while. Just Kibum not Key.
 
He opened the envelope and a smile was brought to his lips by the sight of what seemed to a drawing of himself, well he assumed it to be anyway. It wasn't the best or most flattering but it had effort and personality put into it. The card inside seemed to have been worked on by more than one person considering the different styles plastered across the page. It appeared to be an invitation, well the 'you are invited to' kind of gave that part away.
 
Tears welled up in his eyes as he read it, it truly touched him the thought and effort put into it as well as the signatures that adorned it. Jonghyun, Minho, Onew and Taemin. They didn't forget him. They still wanted him in their life. A smile graced his lips, he may not really be needed anymore but he was wanted and that was enough for him.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+
He adjusted his collar for the thousandth time that day much to the invitation of Taemin. Seeing Jonghyun constantly messing with his collar from the corner of his eye was a distraction and he just wanted the other to settle and keep his hands still even if just for a few minutes. The fidgeting was annoying in his honest opinion.
 
"Can you just stop it." Taemin stated giving Jonghyun a pointed look, the way he said it was clearly not a question but a statement or an order but Taemin had hidden it rather well as a question to any bystander but Jonghyun knew better. Jonghyun blinked a little before lowering hia hands from his collar before giving Taemin a sheepish smile borderline embarrassment plastered upon his lips.
 
"Sorry, I just wanted to look my best for Key." Jonghyun stated hands leading back up to that dreaded collar before Taemin just groaned slapping away Jonghyun's hands in order just to fix the damn collar himself. Then just to make sure the other didn't annoy him further he set Jonghyun's bow tie properly. With a smile Taemin tapped Jonghyun's chest lightly.
 
"There, perfect. Key'll be impressed." Taemin said with a smile towards the other before he flicked Jonghyun's nose lightly with a laugh "Lover boy." Taemin added teasingly before he went off in order to check out how some other people where doing which left Jonghyun alone. Which was quite frankly a good time for him to think a little and sort his thoughts out. He had a lot of thoughts to sort through as well, most of which were concerning Key, that man had invaded his life and head ever since the first day he had seen him but his feelings had confused him. At first it had been simple, lust and plain attraction. Then those feelings kicked and made everything so much more complicated... and the issue was made worst by the fact they only seemed to grow with each encounter. Though he was kind of hating Heechul for kissing his Key more than he ever had. He just wished he could have called Key. However sadly he had dropped the dreaded thing down the toilet messing it up and he hadn't got a new one yet, when ever he tried calling from the house line Key's line was always busy. He had to stop that too as he got a bit of a smack across the head for the expense of calling a mobile from the house line. He was definitely sure about the invitation getting there though, he had handed the letter to the postman himself and told him it was incredibly important. Key just had to come, he had to see Key again. That way...he could do something he should have a long time ago.
 
"No make up artist or hair stylist? I'm surprised." Minho. Jonghyun's greatest rival when it came to Key, they had been competing against eachother for a long time now but it had finally tonight came to the decider... they either got the girl guy or they didn't. They had agreed to remain sensible (for once) about this and not fight or cause too much of a fuss if they weren't the one. Even though it would hurt like hell if that was the case... everyone was being supportive for them however Minho suspected Taemin was far more on Jonghyun's side than his one but hey he seemed to have Onew's vote. But it was Key's decision... one last competition though. Jonghyun looked Minho over and had to admit the other could clean up well, he looked rather 'dashing' in a suit. He almost wished he sabotaged it but Minho was still his brother although not by blood, he couldn't stoop so low his honour and the fact he cared for Minho even if he was a frog wouldn't let him. 
 
"I don't need them, however I wouldn't say the same about you." Jonghyun retorted nudging the taller in the ribs lightly with his elbow. Minho feigned a shocked look before giving Jonghyun a smirk, his hand coming dangerously close to Jonghyun's groomed hair. Jonghyun's eyes widened a little, don't tell him that Minho was going to... yes. Yes he did just ruffle his hair messing it up completely, after all that effort he had put into it.

"I would have thought you did, Jjongie." Minho taunted lightly poking Jonghyun's side with a grin at the messed up hair before he went to sabotage the masterpiece further but Jonghyun was quick in slapping his hands away this time. He waggled his finger warningly before shaking his head lightly telling him to stay away from the head. Minho just laughed before miming a start to tickle the other, Jonghyun gave a huff of annoyance and mocked slapping them away but he ended up squealing some what when Minho did end up tickling his sides. They both pulled away and acted like nothing happened or that they were arguing or something when Heechul (he was always around recently for Taemin apparently) walked past giving them an odd look. Like most siblings they didn't really like admitting they like eachother. Jonghyun pushed Minho's chest lightly with a tsk. Annoying frog. Especially if he would be the one who won the competition... however that better not happen. Not if Jonghyun wanted his heart intact.  

+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Key gulped looking over himself, was he over doing it? They all better be wearing tuxedos or suits otherwise he'll feel a bit of a fool wearing one, the dress code was formal... but it didn't say how formal it was however he assumed it was very formal rather than casual formal. He felt a bit silly and uncertain now that it was time but he had to admit he did look quite good in a suit, he ran his fingers through his hair. It had changed colour since the last time the boys had seen him, he hoped they liked it and they better recongnise him straight away or he may possibly yell at them a bit. He adjusted his collar for what seemed to be the thousandth time but he wanted to look just right besides it felt a little tight. He wasn't used to wearing collars really.
 
He gave himself a smile in the mirror before popping a mint in his mouth before leaving the house, he looked over the address in the invite. He had double checked if not tripled checked where the location was in nervousness of going to the wrong place. However he was still nervous about going to the wrong place especially considering how he was dressed up. It would be far more embarrassing going to the wrong place dressed up rather than going there in casual wear in his opinion. Just oh damn, he was so surprisingly nervous. He didn't expect to be that nervous at all, someone just let him faint or something, well if someone caught him.
 
Key took some deep breathes and drove to the said location. There were signs of a party, always good news. There were the sound of music, better still everyone entering were wearing formal outfits and he saw Joon. Not that he was pleased to see Joon due to the poor attitude Joon gave him last time however seeing Joon just gave extra reassurance as surely Joon was there for Onew right? Key parked before gulping a little readying himself before deciding to enter extra grateful there were no body guards as he wasn't sure they would accept his not so professional but very cherished invite. He could have cried spotting Heechul in the crowd. Although Heechul was still as much an as ever in his opinion it was good for any reassurance he hadn't just gate crashed a party.
 
Then Key yelled a bit. Who wouldn't when you were unexpectedly tackled from the side by an up and coming sport superstar, aka Choi Minho who grinned at Key as he took the elder's hands in his own. "You came." Minho stated, his grin so large Key was mildly concerned Minho's face would get stuck like that or whether Minho had been possessed by a Chestire Cat or something. But it was always good to be wanted... well he assumed by that reaction that he was wanted.
 
"Well of course, I came to your game right? Why wouldn't I come here?" Key answered poking Minho's nose lightly once he was free to breathe again when Minho let go from the tackled hug which had sort of turned more into sort of a strangle hold due to height difference and all that. Minho let go with a sheepish smile which promptly turned again into a grin, overall Key was a little flattered at how pleased Minho seemed to see him. Then he was manhandled again this time by another male however considerably shorter than his last assaulter. Jonghyun. With some what of an ompfh he was dragged into Jonghyun's arms. Key gave Jonghun a bit of a look as the other had pretty much winded him here, also he would have thought Jonghyun would have realised by now that Key didn't really like getting manhandled. Overall however he was finding being pulled close to Jonghyun's chest wasn't really a bad but rather a plesant experience. It was also good to know Jonghyun must have missed him too though he would have thought Jonghyun would have been content with his 'blood buddy'. Yeah Key was still rather sour over that little fact.
 
But hey at least he had the right party... now why were they having a party anyway? It was something that wasn't mentioned on the invite, had they forgotten to add it or was it some great surprise or something? An event? Goodness knows but it was good to be reunited with these dorks even if they were idiots sometimes or rather a lot of the time. Key then saw Onew... that man cleaned up well. He looked all smart and as if Joon was going to devour him in any moment the way Joon was hovering over him. Onew then saw him and they shared a smile from across the room. Onew came closer with Joon following behind like a faithful puppy although Joon's expression showed he wasn't that keen to see Key.
 
"Where's your boyfriend?" Joon questioned scrunching up his nose in distaste as he looked at Key, clearly he was still cautious about him. Then there was tension suddenly as if they were all suddenly encased in ice. Jonghyun and Minho looked at eachother with wide eyes, they knew however Joon was referring to wasn't them. Quite frankly Jonghyun wanted to cry a bit at that moment. Key had a boyfriend? Key gave a small odd noise and looked awkward, heh he hadn't expected that... he didn't have a boyfriend but Joon was still certain about Heechul being... just eww at the thought of being with Heechul. Key then noticed at how slack both Minho and Jonghyun seemed to have become, they looked in shock, hey he himself was in shock. Onew coughed embarrassedly remembering that particular little show Heechul and Key gave him and Joon. Onew however knew Heechul and Key weren't really dating, Heechul informed him such therefore he hadn't bothered informing anyone else especially dumb and dumber considering how he knew their reactions would be if they knew of Heechul's actions.
 
"Speak of the devil..." Onew muttered under his breath as Heechul appeared sidling up, Heechul had certainly been appearing more often of late but mostly when Key appeared otherwise Taemin often visited Heechul. Onew had his suspicions about it however he figured it was probably due to him wanting to wind Key up or taunt Jonghyun, Heechul just seemed to enjoy other people's misery or annoyance for some strange reason. Perhaps he just liked the attention even if it was bad, all eyes on him and all that.
 
"Hey baby, miss me." Heechul stated wrapping his arms around Key promptly stealing him from Jonghyun and Minho who just gawped a bit. Key tensed a little before inwardly facepalmed a little and wondered who else was going to manhandle him, first Minho then Jonghyun and now Heechul. He should really start wearing a sign telling people not to manhandle him. He wondered briefly if there was already a sign for such, if so he would buy it and wear it always. Key took a deep breath and sent Heechul a short glare.
 
"No." He said simply, Heechul gave an over dramatic sound before pretending to faint using Key as a leaning post of course. Much to Key's utter displeasure as he groaned a little under Heechul's added weight, it was just so tempting to step away so Heechul would fall and he would have if he had any space to do so. But he hadn't thanks to Jonghyun and Minho still lurking by his side. Overall just curse Heechul as to him it was all Heechul's fault just because. He hit away Heechul's lurking hands which strayed dangerously close to his face.
 
"Why so cruel to me, yeobo..." Heechul complained softly no doubt to just wind up Key up further, "You know it excites me." yet again a curious sound left Key's lips leaving him resembling a boiling kettle rather. Perhaps Key had boiled, his face had gone rather a pleasant red in Jonghyun's opinion and overall Jonghyun just felt confused and somewhat hurt. Key was dating Heechul? Or where they just going at it like bunnies when no one was looking? He would have thought it was the latter considering the attitudes he could easily imagine all the tension between them to be .
 
"I am quite frankly not your yeobo nor yours or anyone's boyfriend. Never have been, never will be." Key hissed a little sending death glares towards Heechul and all was right again in the worlds of the dinosaur and the frog. Except for the hint that Key wasn't going to be anyone's boyfriend but they were certain they could change Key's mind. Key however was suddenly extremely aware of how dangerous Joon's prescene seemed to be now. Key was once again a risk and therefore a target for his laser eyes. Thankfully Key was rescued by a question.
 
"Would you like to dance?" Taemin questioned, a welcome addition to their mini party as he was a perfect escape from glaring Joon and annoying Heechul. Key nodded in gratefulness towards Taemin before promptly whisking them both away to what he presummed was the dance floor. Key grinned at his rescuer before hugging the maknae.
 
"I love you right now." Key laughed a little not noticing how Taemin's cheeks reddened a little at the statement before he looked at Taemin expectantly "So you wanted to dance? Let's dance then." Key stated, to start off with the dance was all rather awkward as it was not what either of them where really used to. It wasn't club or up beat but it wasn't waltz it was some strange thing in the middle which they both had rather hard to dance to but they were having a fun time trying. There were a few bumps here and there and overall they ended up dancing close with grins and smiles as they enjoyed themselves, then the song changed to slow music. They both looked at each other with hints of giggles threatening to spill out before they decided to try slow dancing out, there were stumbles as they tried to figure out who was going to lead as well as stepping on each other's toes. They both were actually pretty good dancers but they were just so awkward in this slow dance and they found it hilarious it was hard not for them to burst out laughing, everytime they met each other's eyes they were close to do it.
 
In the end they retired from the dance floor all still rather giggly so they headed to get some drinks to cool them down and hopefully wash the giggles away. Key was again stolen partially by the dreadful duo of Minho and Jonghyun, Taemin just gave him an apologectic look for his brothers which Key responded with an eyeroll. Overall Key was having the time of his life... it was good to have friends and be together with them again. It was a shame about Joon and Heechul though, those interruptions to his happy time. Key ended up laughing as Minho's breath tickled his ear as Minho whispered into it. A request to join Minho on the balcony alone? Say no more he was going, who would past out a chance to go on a balcony? Balconies were seriously awesome especially if you don't have a chance to go on them often. Jonghyun appeared to protest
 
The view was pretty spectucular, he had seen better but there was always something special about being on a balcony... perhaps he was a romantic for thinking so but he found it to be true. So encaptured he didn't really notice Minho approaching until Minho's arms were wrapped around his waist, he tensed a little but then decided to just go with the flow after all everyone was a little more skinshippy than usual.
 
"What are we Key?" Minho questioned, mouth against Key's ear yet again which he really shouldn't do as Key was rather ticklish there which earned a few laughs before Key turned to look at Minho curiously. 
 
"More than a babysitter..." Key started (causing Minho's eyes widened a little in expectation) before he smiled "Friends... we're friends." Minho's face fell a little, friendzoned? Had he seriously just been friendzoned, if so that was not cool in his opinion but he wasn't just going to settle for that. Not after trying and waiting so long.
 
"But what if I want to be more than that?" Minho's whisper was this time against Key's lips which caused him to shiver a little before he looked at Minho with wide eyes. Was Minho serious? When Minho's lips were against his, he figured he knew the answer. Everything was muffled for a bit but he vaguely heard someone enter the scene... then it was there, Jonghyun's lips were pressed against his own all in some kind of colourful firework of sensations... and confusion. After all his lips had been just against Minho's until he was twirled from Minho's arms into Jonghyun's. They weren't little pecks either, no... they were passionate almost needy kisses from them both, overall his lips felt rather tingly, warm and... violated. Sure he enjoyed the kisses but he wasn't just something to be shared around and kissed, he did have feelings you know. And his poor knees, they felt as if they were going to fall out from beneath him. Minho and Jonghyun looked at him expectantly, as if waiting for an answer of some sorts but as if Key's head was in the right mindset after those kisses.
 
"So... who do you want? Don't leave us hanging." The two asked in unison, Key's face was currently just rather red but it wasn't quite certain whether it was from embarrassment, heat or elsewise quite frankly it could have been anything but he looked rather properly kissed now.
 
"How about you two make out and then I'll decide." Key stated with a small goofy smile on his lips perhaps their kisses were a little too good if they made Key act that drunk? Minho and Jonghyun looked at each other uncertainly hoping neither of them were actually considering it and they did both just hear correctly before just turning to stare at Key blankly. Did he actually just say that? Key blushed a little and rubbed his cheeks after realising what he had just said.
 
"It was a joke." Key said hurriedly raising his hands a little in mock surrender before he took a deep breath to rid himself of those dizzing side effects of the kisses. "But how am I supposed to chose all of a sudden just now?" Key stated watching as the two took in his words before he smiled sheepishly "How about you both take me on a date first?"