Sulk

Two Meetings.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun glanced repeatedly at the electronic notice board, triple checking the time of arrival and the city. He was sure that he got the gate number right. He was sure that he remembered the arrival time correctly. If that was the case, why hadn’t he caught sight of Jiyoon yet? Had she slipped past without him realizing? Impossible. He had made it a point to arrive early. He had been standing there since the first passenger exited the gate with their luggage. Then again, he didn’t really get a chance to tell her that he was going to be picking her up at the airport.

 

“Was I too rash?”

 

But a familiar figure picking her bag off the baggage carousel pulverized that thought. Unknowingly, a smile graced his face. She gave her baggage a once over before heading to the exit. Kyuhyun edged closer towards the automatic doors.

 

Jiyoon spotted him before he got to the door.

 

“Oppa!” She whacked his arm playfully, “You didn’t say that you were coming.”


She tugged his sleeve, dragging him to a side, to allow other travelers to exit smoothly.

 

“You left before I could tell you.” He contorts his face into a mock frown, which amused her, “But since you were so unhappy that your family was overseas on a holiday, and there was no one to bring you home…”

 

He left the sentence unfinished.

 

“Oppa, you’re too nice.”

“It’s not nice to let a dongsaeng go home by herself at this time of the night, is it?”

“I’m really really craving for some Korean food.”

Kyuhyun lifted up his plastic bag to her attention, “Only thought of it on my way here. That you wouldn’t pay the prices in the airport for mediocre food.”

“Anything is good, as long as it’s Korean food.”

“I bought you ddukbokki. Probably isn’t your favourite or anything, but, I guess…”

“That’s wonderful.” She reached out for the ddukbokki, only to have Kyuhyun pull it away.

“If we don’t start on our way back, it’ll be really late by the time you get home.”

Jiyoon blew air out of in a childish manner, pouting like a brat.

“Okay, let’s go then.”

Jiyoon was taken aback when he took the initiative to handle her luggage for her, but let it slide nevertheless.

 

Then she slept throughout the taxi ride home, only leaving Kyuhyun to walk her to her doorstep.

 

“Thanks for the ddukbokki, oppa. And thanks for coming to get me from the airport.” She ran her fingers through her hair, “Take care oppa, you must be tired from all that traveling.”

Kyuhyun took that as her shooing him off. Gripped by feelings that he had been trying hard to rid of, Kyuhyun crushed her into a hug.

“I missed you, Jiyoonie.” The intensity of his voice even scaring him.

“Oh! Oppa!” The surprise resulted in her voice being unnaturally high.

“I missed you so, so much.”

 

 

Months later

 

“You know, I think Doojoon isn’t all that bad after all.” Kyuhyun commented as he sent Jiyoon back, after dinner with her and Gayoon.

“Why the sudden change in opinion?”

“It takes courage to meet with a girl’s best friend. Especially one as intimidating as Jiyoonie.”

“Gayoonie didn’t even do anything to you, oppa. And for the record, I don’t think I did anything to scare Doojoon oppa anyway. It was just so awkward, and it’s not in my character to question her choice.”

“Well, but he was still game for braving the awkward atmosphere a couple more times after the first. Just that you didn’t want to put everyone through it.”

“For a very good reason too. You can’t possibly disagree on this!”

“On this, of course, Jiyoonie is correct.”

“And she’s happy. Re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter