Being distant

Dragon's Love

 

 

"W-what?" Wu Fan was certain he heard wrong.

"Can I-I sleep here… tonight?" Tao repeated the question.

Wu Fan stared at him, wide eyed.

"No." He then answered firmly.

"B-but-" Tao was cut off by him own cries, "but I'm scared~"

Wu Fan stared at him, torn within himself about what to do.

"No." He repeated himself.

"Please ge~" Tao practically begged.

", Tao, will you just stop?" Wu Fan was about to scream.

Tao pouted and was about to cry once again.

"No, don't cry. Stop." Wu Fan got closer to the bed.

Tao stared at him, still pouting.

"Okay, okay, sleep here tonight." Wu Fan sighed, running his hand through his hair.

Tao relaxed a bit.

 

When they were in bed, Wu Fan turned his back to Tao and the wall, so that he can actually sleep.

"Good night, gege." Tao whispered and got closer to Wu Fan, so close Wu Fan felt Tao's breath on his back, so he moved away from Tao.

But Tao only remained close to the older.

"Tao." Wu Fan voiced out.

"Yes ge?" Tao answered.

"Move away a little."

"But I like it this way ~"

Wu Fan growled a little in annoyance as he sat up.

"Either you go to sleep in your room or I'll go there while you stay here!" He announced.

"But why?" Tao sat up and pouted a little.

"Because!" Wu Fan sighedת "Zi Tao… You can't be that stupid, I think you understood what I did that day showed I don't see you as little brother."

Tao bowed his head a little.

"but I don't want to be in a distant relationship with you." Tao still didn't lift his gaze up.

Wu Fan sighed heavily and got up.

"W-where are you going?" Tao caught Wu Fan's hand.

"To your room. Don't come after me." Wu Fan released his hand from Tao's hold and walked out of the room, leaving Tao alone.

"Gege…" Wu Fan heard Tao whimper as he closed the door behind him.

 

 

 

The next morning was awfully quiet.

Wu Fan and Tao ate quietly, not exchanging a word.

Wu Fan glanced at Tao occasionally. His eyes were a little swollen, Wu Fan guessed he cried a lot last night.

"I'm going to school." Tao whispered lightly, getting up and walking away.

Wu Fan got out of the house not long after him.

 

 

-At School-

 

 

"Taooooooooooooooo~" Jonging whined, running to hug Tao, "I missed you baby~~~"

"Ugh, get off, freak." Tao said jokingly.

Jongin gasped and stepped back, "That hurt!"

"Knock it off." Sehun hit Jongin's arm, "How are you? We heard you were sick."

"I'm fine." Tao faked a smile and they started walking toward Baekhyun and Lu Han.

"Hi, how are you?" Baekhyun sent a smile to Tao, gaining a nod from him.

"Where's Wu Fan hyung?" Baekhyun asked, "It's not like you guys lately, coming separately and stuff."

Lu Han elbowed him a little.

"He's probably on his way…" Tao lowered his gaze to the floor.

"Anyway," He tried to change the subject, "Where's Chanyeol hyung?"

"He and Bacon hyung had a fight an-"

"We did not have a fight!" Baekhyun cut Jongin off, "He decided to go to class early, that's all! And don't call me that!"

"Not to call you what… Bacon hyung?" Jongin teased innocently.

"Kim Jongin, one day you will make me so mad, I'll punch you to death!" Baekhyun frowned deeply.

Jongin only laughed at this.

"Seriously, stop it." Sehun said.

"What's with you today? So serious." Jongin snorted.

"Nothing, you're just being childish." Sehun said.

"Hmm… I wonder if that's all…" Jongin went on.

"Yes, that's all." Sehun insisted.

"Are you sure you're not trying to become a man too soon?" Jongin asked.

"What?" Zi Tao and Sehun asked in unison.

"Yeah, I mean, you're trying to show Lu Han hyung your maturity too much."

Sehun blushed deeply, "I-I do not!"

"See?!" Jongin pointed at his face and looked at Zi Tao.

"Hmm…" Zi Tao smiled a little and then looked at Lu Han who was blushing too.

"S-stop making things up!" Sehun raised his voice.

"Yeah, okay…" Jongin rolled his eyes and caught Kyungsoo's look which ordered him to stop teasing Sehun, and so he did, "Anyway, I'm going to class."

 

-At Home-

 

"I'm home…" Wu Fan exhaled, exhausted, when he entered the house at 5pm.

"He's probably home already…" Wu Fan whispered to himself and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

 

As he went upstairs he saw Tao going downstairs in front of him.

They stopped for a moment and stared at eachother.

Wu Fan then sighed, looking troubled and kept going, ignoring Tao who was still standing at the same spot, not moving.

Tao stood there for another 5 minutes and then turned back on his steps and went towards Wu Fan's room.

When he was in front of the door he thought of knocking but knew he'll get no answer so he just opened the door, only to be greeted by Wu Fan taking his shirt off.

Wu Fan stared at him, then took his shirt off completely and asked "What?" accidently making it sound intimidating.

"I want us to talk."

Wu Fan sighed, "About what?"

"About us…" Tao mouthed, "About what's going on right now."

The room was left silent for a few minutes.

"Get out, Zi Tao." Wu Fan said.

"I-"

"Now." Wu Fan cut him off.

"Please, ge, just listen to me!" Tao raised his voice, "No matter what, we're brothers! I don't know what's going on between us and I have a feeling you're the same!"

"Shut up." Wu Fan hissed.

"I am obviously right!" Tao tried to fight back, "Why don't you jus-"

"Shut up." Wu Fan repeated himself.

Tao bit his lower lip, "Ge, you're wrong and you know it." he whispered.

"Yes, you're right – I'm wrong. Now get out!" Wu Fan was frustrated.

"That's not what I wanted to hear!" Tao was on the verge of tears now, "let's talk about everything, ge… let's not be so distant."

"I'm being distant because I know I'll hurt you! And by hurting you I'll hurt myself too!" Wu Fan seemed restless.

"Will you just stop?!" Tao screamed, surprising Wu Fan, "I don't even know what you're talking about! It's okay to get hurt! Just-just please…"

Tao's gaze was lowered as he tried to control himself.

They stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Let's talk. Now." Tao commanded.

"Are you deaf?" Wu Fan asked.

"Let's say I am, whatever, just tell me why is everything so ed up?"

"Language, Zi Tao."

"You're the one who acts like we're not brothers anymore, right?"

Wu Fan stayed silent, thinking Tao looked really y when he was angry, "That has nothing to-"

"But it does. If we're not brothers anymore, I should just do whatever I like and-"

"Shut up."

"No. Not until you tell me why are you being such an assho-"

" you."

And with that. Wu Fan kissed Tao.

 

--

 

A/N: Pic is not mine.

I am soooo sorry for not updating sooner, I'm really sick ~ T_T

Since I'm really very sorry (and thankful <3), I'm gonna post a KaiSoo oneshot on Thursday ( here

Plus, from now on, I'll be updating every Monday & Friday, so you won't have to be left hanging like this.

As always, thank you very much for reading and suscribing! ^3^