"Baby, don't cry..."

Dragon's Love

 

Wu Fan and Zi Tao stood there confused, hurt and actually clueless about what just happened.

"I'm leaving," their grandmother said as she got up from the couch, "I'll be back in 3 days, think about what's good for your son. He cannot play "brothers" with the other one his entire life."

When Wu Fan heard her footsteps, he caught Tao's hand and ran upstairs into his room.

When they got in, he slammed the door behind them, panting from running suddenly. He turned to look at Tao and saw he was the same.

"Ge…" Tao started, glassy eyed.

"Listen to me Zi Tao," Wu Fan cut him off, "You can't tell anyone about what we just heard!"

"Bu-" Tao started again.

"No buts, Tao!" Wu Fan raised his voice, making Tao startle, "You won't tell anyone about this, especially mom and dad."

Tao nodded quietly, head lowered.

Wu Fan exhaled deeply as he closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair.

"What did we just hear, ge?" Tao asked hesitantly.

Wu Fan looked at him, doesn't know what to answer.

"I'm… I'm not sure either…" He answered at last, eyes lowered.

Burdensome silence took over Wu Fan's room.

"I guess it means… we're not really brothers…?" Wu Fan glanced at Tao's reaction.

Tao gasped, eyed widening, "That's not true!" He practically yelled, causing Wu Fan put his hands on his mouth to shut him up.

Tao moved Wu Fan's hands aggressively, "That's not true!" He repeated himself, "You'll be my gege no matter what!" Tao's eyes started to tear up.

"Okay, okay, calm down!" Wu Fan was afraid their parents heard something because of Tao's loud voice.

 

 

-The next day-

 

 

Tao woke up and got into the shower.

Once he was done, he went down to the kitchen where his mother was making breakfast.

"Good morning, honey." His mother smiled as if nothing happened yesterday.

"G-good morning…" He sat in his place, not able to look into her eyes after yesterday's event.

 

When he finished eating, he got up, "I'm gonna wake up gege."

"Oh, he already left ~" His mother said.

"What?" he didn't believe his brother woke up earlier than him AND left without him for school.

"He said he had to go early today, didn't he tell you?" She asked, a little surprised.

"O-oh yeah… He mentioned something about it…" Tao lied and walked out of the kitchen, doesn't know how to receive the Wu Fan's treatment.

 

-At school-

 

Tao looked after Wu Fan all over school, but wasn't able to find him. Even his friends didn't know where he was. But Lu Han, Wu Fan's best friend, was missing too so they guessed they were together.

 

 

Wu Fan and Lu Han were on school's rooftop.

"So… What's wrong?" Lu Han asked as he sat next to a lying Wu Fan.

"I didn't say anything was wrong." Wu Fan answered, putting his hands behind his head for support and closed his eyes.

"I can tell something's wro-" Lu Han started.

"Look, I didn't force you to come here, so if you're here to ask unnecessary questions, just go away." Wu Fan answered rudely.

Lu Han looked at Wu Fan quietly as he shifted to his side, back to Lu Han.

 

"I'm sorry…" Wu Fan whispered.

"It's okay…" Lu Han lifted his gaze to the sky.

 

After some minutes the bell rang, reminding them they're in school.

Lu Han looked at Wu Fan who didn't show any sign of getting up, so he didn't move either.

After a long silence, Wu Fan suddenly said, "I think I'm adopted."

Lu Han left silent.

"What?" He then asked.

Wu Fan inhale deeply and then answered, "My grandmother came yesterday… Saying she wanted to take Tao with her to China, and our parents didn't know we were there when she said that my mother didn't gave birth to me."

"We? Zi Tao knows it too?" Lu Han asked surprised.

"Mhm…" Wu Fan replied.

"So how about your father, maybe he's you real father…" Lu Han suggested.

Wu Fan chuckled a little, "Why would my grandmother hate me then?"

Lu Han didn't say a thing, knowing Wu Fan was right.

"How did Zi Tao take this?" Lu Han hugged his knees.

Wu Fan didn't reply.

"I don't know…" he then whispered.

"I need to tell you something." He sat up suddenly, face to Lu Han, "and you have to promise me you won't hate me!"

Lu Han looked at him surprised.

"I think I know what you want to say." Lu Han smiled a little smile.

"No you don't, trust me – what I'm about to say is gonna sweep you off your feet." Wu Fan said confidently.

"You like Zi Tao, like Beakhyun likes Chanyeol." Lu Han stated.

Wu Fan stayed silent, wide eyed, shocked.

"W-what..? H-how did you-?" Wu Fan was at a loss of words.

"When you look at him, it's not in a brotherly way," Lu Han explained, "and you're so not 'the over-protecting' person, so it was kinda obvious that you like him."

Wu Fan was now frowning.

"Who else knows?" He asked.

"I don't know, I never talked with anyone about it." Lu Han shrugged.

Wu Fan lowered his gaze.

"It's wrong." He said quietly.

"What is?" Lu Han looked at him with confusion.

"These feelings towards Zi Tao, they're wrong." Wu Fan replied, still not lifting his eyes.

"But… you said that you're probably adopted…" Lu Han said, "So isn't it okay…? Kinda…?"

"It doesn't matter." Wu Fan exhaled, "We were still raised as brothers…"

Lu Han just looked at him.

"I'm scared." Wu Fan confessed, looking up to Lu Han.

Lu Han didn't say a thing, waiting for Wu Fan to continue.

"I'll hurt Tao. I know I will." Wu Fan's voice shuddered a little.

"No you won't." Lu Han protested.

"Yes I will." Wu Fan held his face in his hands, "I will hurt him…"

"Why would you think that way?" Lu Han took one of Wu Fan's hands and held it tightly.

"The only thing that stopped me this whole time is the fact that we're brothers." Wu Fan trembled a little, "Now that it's not a fact anymore, what will stop me now?"

"Wu Fan, that's not true! I know it's hard for you right now, but you'll always stay brothers. No matter what will happen!" Lu Han declared.

Wu Fan once again lowered his gaze and didn't say a thing. Lu Han was saying the same thing as Tao.

"So what are you going to do, Wu Fan?" Lu Han asked, letting go of Wu Fan's hand.

"I don't know…" Wu Fan answered quietly.

 

 

 

"I'm home." Wu Fan said quietly as he entered the house at 9pm, after straying out for hours.

"Wu Fan? Is that you?" His mother ran to the front door, "Where have you been up till now?" she asked worriedly.

"I had some things to do." He smiled his little smile to calm her down.

"Next time, please let me know…" his mother caressed his cheek like she used to do when he was a little kid.

"Okay." He answered and got away from the touch, walking towards the stairs.

"Oh, Zi Tao asked to tell him when you're home, I think he was a little worried too." His mother smiled, "Let him know you're home, okay?"

"Y-yeah…" Wu Fan answered.

 

Wu Fan went upstairs and stood in front of Tao's room.

He raised his right hand to knock, but then regretted, so he put his hand down.

That happened two more times, until Tao opened the door to walk over the bathroom and bumped into Wu Fan.

"Oh, sorry ~" Tao apologized before raising his head and seeing who it was.

"G-gege!" Tao's eyes widened, "You're home!"

Wu Fan stayed silent.

"Wu Fan ge, I think we need to talk." Tao said, frowning.

"Um…" Wu Fan started, but Tao only pulled him into his room and closed the door behind them.

"Ge, about yesterday…" Tao said, "I think we should go and ask mom and dad."

Wu Fan looked at him.

"No." he then said firmly.

"But-"

"Zi Tao, this is none of your business, so please stay out of it."

Tao closed his mouth.

"I think it's a misunderstanding." He then said quietly, "Granny was just being mean again."

"If she was, dad would've stopped her, like he always does." Wu Fan frowned.

Zi Tao was once again silent.

"I'm leaving." Wu Fan said and turned his back to Tao, but Tao held his shirt from behind.

"Don't…" Wu Fan could hear the sadness in the younger's voice but he knew he would do something stupid if he stayed to console Tao as always when he's sad.

"Stop it Zi Tao." Wu Fan said coldly.

"Please…" tears were now running Tao's cheeks.

"Zi Tao, stop." Wu Fan once again said, his voice betraying him this time and cracking.

"Gege…" Tao's voice was trembling through the tears.

Wu Fan then turned around and looked at him, wearing a hurt expression as he saw Tao's tears.

"Stop baby… Don't. Don't cry…" Wu Fan whispered as he wiped Tao's tears, but Tao's tears didn't stop.

Tao then closed his eyes and whimpered a little, his cries won't calm down.

"Baby, don't cry…" Wu Fan got closer and cupped Tao's face in his large hands as he was wiping another trail of tears.

Tao looked up and pouted a little.

"Gege…" Tao whispered as Wu Fan leaned and he brushed his lips over Tao's.

 

--

 

A/N: Pic is not mine.

A longer chapter, yay ~~~ :D

So... I'm kinda obsessed with EXO's Baby Don't Cry. I seriously love this song so much I atually learned how to play it on the piano. I can't stop listening to it ;;

There may be a lot of mistakes in this chap since it's like 3am right now and ... yeah ._.

 

Off the topic, yesterday was Yoochun's birthday <3 
So I'd like to wish him a happy birthday and life filled with smiles :)