"No!"

Dragon's Love

 

"We're home!" Tao announced when he and Wu Fan got their shoes off.

"How was your day?" their mother asked when they entered the kitchen.

"It was cool ~" Wu Fan shortly replied and grabbed himself a sandwich their mother made.

"And you, Zi Tao?" she looked over Tao.

"I-it was good…" he lowered his head to avoid her eyes and was about to excuse himself out of there.

"Zi Tao." Wu Fan called out, looking deep into the younger's eyes, "You promised you'll tell mom."

Their mother stopped her business next to the sink and looked at both of them.

"Tell me what?" she now looked at her older son, confused.

Wu Fan didn't say a thing, still looking at Tao.

"Tell. Me. What?" their mother was now very worried.

"Umm…" Tao started quietly, "I … umm… I got a..."

"For god's sake, Zi Tao! Please speak louder so I can understand!" she was getting more and more tensed by the minute.

"Igotmyselfanewpiercing" Tao said quickly.

"What..?" his mother stared at him, confused.

Tao glanced at his mom and then at Wu Fan's unsatisfied expression.

"I… I got myself a new piercing…" he then said clearly.

His mother only stared at him, her eyes growing wider.

"You what?" she hissed angrily.

Tao shifted in his place uncomfortably.

"It's only a Helix. And the earing is really small! It's almost invisibl-" he started to explain, only to get cut by his mother's angry, loud voice.

"Huang Zi Tao!" she almost yelled, "What the hell were you thinking to yourself?!? You know very well how your dad and I feel about piercing your body!"

"Gege has one too, I just wanted a cool new piercing ~" he whined a little.

"Don't you even start comparing yourself to your brother!" his mother hissed, "Wu Fan is already 18 years old, and he got his first piercing only AFTER he became 18! And he still asked if it's okay with me and your dad! You, on the other hand had your first piercing at the age of 16!"

"But it was my birthday present…" Tao bit his lips.

"Why else would we let you have one at such a young age?!" his mother asked, angry. "From today on, you are grounded! You are not allowed to go ANYWHERE without Wu Fan's accompaniment. Be it school, Wushu trainings or anything else!"

"But mom ~!" Tao grumbled, about to cry.

"No buts!" she pointed strictly at Tao, "And you can forget about the trip to Jeju island!"

He could only lower his head and bite his lower lip not to cry, he waited for this trip with his friends for almost two years.

"Now go to your room." She ordered him, getting back next to the sink.

Tao looked up and locked his eyes on Wu Fan's unreadable look.

He then walked out of the kitchen and ran up to his room, tears dropping from his eyes.

 

 

-Two hours later-

 

 

Zi Tao was lying on his bed, deep in thoughts when heard weak nock on his door, but he was too drained from crying too much to open the door or even answer.

"Tao?" Wu Fan's voice was heard behind the wooden door, and suddenly Tao was very upset to hear his gege's voice calling him.

Why did he force him telling their mom about the piercing?

Why did he have to find out about the piercing at all?

It was all Jongin's fault. That idio-

"Zi Tao?"

Wu Fan once again cut his thoughts.

"Tao, can I come in?" Wu fan asked, hesitation in his voice.

"No." Tao answered firmly.

Wu Fan's sigh could be heard from inside of Tao's room.

"Zi Tao, we need to clear this situation." Wu Fan tried once again.

"There's nothing to clear." Tao was determined.

"Tao… Zi Tao, Please…" Wu Fan nearly begged, "I don't want us to be this way."

Tao left silent.

"Just go away…" Tao almost started to cry once again.

"But-" Wu Fan started.

"I hate you."

That's all it took for Wu Fan remain silent.

After some long moments, the sound of footsteps was heard farther from the door.

Tao stayed in bed for a few minutes, grasping his bed-sheets tightly.

Once he realized what just happened, what he just said, he jumped off his bed and sprinted over his brother's room.

Tao slammed Wu Fan's door open, making a shirtless Wu Fan to jump in his place.

Tao stood there, heart pounding like crazy due to his nervousness and his almost- brother.

"W-what's wrong?" Wu Fan asked, breaking the silence.

As Tao was about to open his mouth and apologize, tears started running from his eyes.

"Oh my god, Zi Tao, what's wrong?!" Wu Fan got closer to Tao and held his shoulders.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry ~~~~" Tao closed his eyes, letting the tears out as he sobbed, "I-I d-don’t hate y-you  ~~~"

As Wu Fan realized what's going on, he  smiled, relieved.

"It's okay, Zi Tao." He hugged the smaller boy.

"I-I really d-don't-" Tao hiccupped and hugged back, "hate y-you."

"I know, I know." Wu Fan smiled to himself, heart beating loudly for having such a reaction from Tao.

 

"I hate you just a tiny bit." Tao whispered into Wu Fan's neck when he calmed down a little.

"Huh, why?" Wu Fan asked.

"I really wanted to go to Jeju island…" Tao pouted, getting away of the embrace.

Wu Fan chuckled, "I'll convince mom when the time comes, but you deserved the rest of the punishment for getting your ear pierced without anyone's permission."

Tao just frowned, pouting again.

"I need to take a shower, so how about having some ice-cream once I'm out?" Wu Fan asked.

"Sure!" Tao's lips curled into a smile as Wu Fan ruffled his hair.

 

When Wu Fan got out of shower, he took the ice-cream out of the freezer and headed to Tao's room.

 

They ate the ice-cream, laughing and joking over random subjects, until their mom came into the room.

"Ta- Wu Fan, what are you doing here?" their mother asked, surprised.

"Just chillin', ma ~" Wu Fan smiled.

"Is that an ice-cream? Boys," their mother sighed, "you know I don't like it when you bring food into your rooms, it makes a mess."

"We'll clean it, mom, don't worry." Wu Fan assured her.

She smiled, "Listen boys, your grandma will be here in less than half an hour, please clean up and get down for dinner with her, okay?"

"Why is she coming?" Wu Fan sulked a little.

"I don't really know, she said she has an important thing to tell us." His mother answered.

Their grandmother, their father's mother, never took a liking of Wu Fan for some unknown reason, but always spoiled and lavished her love onto Tao.

 

 

When their grandmother arrived, Tao ran down the stairs while Wu Fan almost crawled behind.

"Where's my little baby boy?" asked their grandmother as she entered the house.

"Granny!!!" Tao called out joyfully as he ran to hug her.

"Oh my, you've grown so tall in the last two years!" she smiled a heartwarming smile, "and you became so handsome."

"Hello, grandmother." Wu Fan cut their conversation and bowed a little.

"Come on, let's eat." She said, not even sparing a glance at Wu Fan.

 

"I want to take Zi Tao to China with me." Said the grandmother when they sat for a cup of tea.

"Excuse me?" Their mother almost choked as she express everyone's mind in the room.

"Is your hearing deteriorates, dear daughter-in-law?" the grandmother asked toxically, "I said want to take Zi Tao to China with me."

"No!"

Wu Fan was surprised to realize it was his voice objecting out loud.

 

---

 

A/N: Pic is not mine.

Oh my god, I was so suprised people actually subscribed to this story!

My English really and I was kinda stressed posting this ~ So when I saw people subscibing, I was like this:

Anyway, thank you so much for subscribing and for the lovely comments <3 :3