Brothers...?

Dragon's Love

 

 

Everyone in the room stared at Wu Fan, shocked.

Wu Fan was always the "good boy", compared to Zi Tao. He never answered back and never raised his voice on the elders.

"Excuse me?" his grandmother looked at him, disgusted.

Wu Fan lowered his head.

"Mother, I think it's too sudden…" stated Wu Fan's mother.

"Nothing is sudden, I want my grandchild near me, I don't know how much longer will I live." The grandmother was still staring at Wu Fan.

"Granny, don't say that…" Tao mumbled.

Silence took over the room.

"Maybe ge can come with us!" Tao suddenly suggested.

"What?" Everyone in the room asked in unison.

"Wu Fan, Zi Tao, go to your rooms." Their father said, "We'll talk to grandmother and solve everything."

Wu Fan and Zi tao complied and walked out of the room.

 

 

"Do you think it'll be okay?" Tao asked as they went up to their rooms, walking behind Wu fan. But Wu Fan was too deep in his own thoughts he didn’t hear.

"Ge!" Tao called out.

"Huh? What's wrong Tao?" Wu Fan turned around to see a pouting Tao.

"I don’t wanna go…" Tao lowered his head.

Wu Fan stared at him for a moment and then wrapped his arms around Tao.

"I know," Wu Fan whispered, "I don't want you to go either."

Tao returned a hug and held his brothers' shirt tightly.

 

-In the living room-

 

"Mother-" Wu Fan and Zi Tao's father started.

"Don't you 'mother' me," she hissed, "I am taking Zi Tao with me, and that's final."

"I can't allow that." The father insisted, "You know very well how poor Zi Tao's Chinese is. And he is barely 18!"

"This will only do well with it; he'll learn to communicate well in Chinese. And he will always be under my supervision." The grandmother stated.

"I will allow this only if you'll take Wu Fan as well." He frowned a little, knowing the result of his words.

"Are you joking?!" their grandmother nearly yelled.

"Mother, Wu Fan is such a good kid, reall-" their mother started.

"Shut up!" the grandmother sent a death glare at her daughter-in-law.

 

-An hour later-

 

"Ge ~ it's been over an hour, let's go down." Tao said after another round of playing video games.

Wu Fan looked at him and only nodded.

 

When they got closer to the living room they heard loud voices speaking Chinese.

"他是我儿子,我爱他 (He is my son, I love him)!" They heard their father's voice.

"不要紧什么你认为 (It does not matter what you think)," their grandmother's angry voice got louder as she lashed the last sentence, "他不是我的孙子 (He is not my grandson)!"

"母亲 (Mother)!" Their father's voice was louder than before.

Even though Tao's Chinese was poor, he was able to understandhis grandmother's last sentence and lifted his gaze to Wu Fan, whose face was furious.

Tao then held his brother's hand gently and bit his bottom lip. Why was his grandmother always so mean towards Wu Fan?

"Mother… Please, stop this." Their mother interrupted, "Wu Fan is a great kid, he's much like a dragon in our family, always brings us good luck."

"I don't care! We are not blood related!" the grandmother spat.

 

"What?!" a whisper escaped Wu Fan's mouth, expressing his and Tao's thoughts.

 

"Don't speak this way, Wu Fan is your grandson as much as Tao is!" their father's voice was weak.

"When are you even planning to tell him the truth?" their grandma was frowning.

"When the right time comes." Their father replied quietly.

Tao was about to go into the living room, about to interrupt the argue, but Wu Fan held his hand firmly and shook his head.

He wanted to know what was going on.

"Ha, 'when the right time comes' – you're just avoiding the subject." The grandmother continued.

"But he is right, it is not the right time yet." Their mother voiced out.

"The boy is already 18, isn't it time for him to know he's a stranger in this family?!" the grandmother asked toxically.

"He is no stranger in this family!" tears escaped their mother's eyes.

"Well, you're not the one who gave birth to him, aren't you?" their grandmother wasn't waiting for a reply.

Wu Fan and Tao gasped, making Tao cover his mouth and Wu Fan's eyes widen.

 

---

 

A/N: Pic is not mine.

Umm... So it's the second update this day :D

I'm truly very grateful for all the comments and subscriptions <3