N I N E

S E A S O N - of - F A L L I N G - S A K U R A

 


L U C K Y - D A Y S

럭키 데이즈



From the Lucky Days Track - June 18, 2008


 

 

Kyu Jong's POV

when kyu entered their classroom, he noticed at once that hyun joong was sitted in his chair in a deep thought. he was thinking of some problem cause worry was written all over his face.

he immediately checked his watch to see if he was late or if he had the wrong time in mind. he was puzzled, cause his watch clearly states that it is quater to 7am in the morning, way too early to the always-king-of-lateness-hyun joong to be in their classroom.

he walked in front of hyunjoong who still hasnt yet given any mind of seeing him or feeling his presence. he waved his hands if front of hyun joong while calling,"hyung joongie... hello..."

but there was still no response from him. that worried him.

yes, hyun joong had always been weird, eccentric, and peculiar but hyunjoong not seeing him when he was in front is way more weird that any weird thing that has ever happened.

"yah...!!! hyun joongie..." he shouted

he shook hyunjoong's shoulders and still shouted for attention, "earth to kim hyun joong, yah earth to kim hyunjoong, are you here...?"

finally hyun joong looked up and said, "oh kyu, you're here...?"

that worried him more. hyun joong was really acting way more weird than usual and he thought, 'maybe he has a problem..?'

"hey hyunnie, do you have a problem...?" he asked as he sitted himself to the chair next to hyun joong.

"me? a problem..? why would you think that...?" hyun joong looked at him puzzled

he shook his head at hyunjoong, they had been best friend since kindergarten but until now there are so many thing he still doesnt know about this guy. he sighed, 'clearly he doesnt want me to know..'

"ah nothing much, you just seem to be thinking of something that is bothering you. anyway if you have any problems you know that i am here right. we're bestfriends so you can tell me anything..." he said calmly.

hyun joong nodded and looked into space again. Kyu then sighed and looked at the watch again, 'still a few more minutes until 7am...'

he looked around and saw that some of their classmates were coming in, he saw gyrui come in with Eunhyuk, 'hmmnnn those 2 are really getting more comfortable with each other, wonder what jungmin thinks of his twin dating now. Well knowing jungmin he would probably throw a fit but then knowing Gyuri she wouldnt really care what her brother thinks....'

he then saw hyoyeon, yuri & Yoona enter. they were busily chatting with each other, 'hmnn i guess soo young is going to be late again...'

cause if hyunjoong was the king of lateness then sooyoung was the queen.

at the back of the room he noticed that kyuhyun and wooyoung was busily talking about the video game that kyuhyun is currently playing.

then as he observed his classmates, he felt hyunjoong turn to him and say in a loud voice, "yah kyu... are you dating right now..?"

he was caught of guard with the sudden question.

he knew that hyun joong was blunt but him screaming the question was too much of a scene grabber, he felt everyone look at him from new couple in class (GR & EH), to the dancing diva's minus one (YN, YR, HY minus SY) to the gamer addict (KH & WY), and finally to the new comer in class who were siwon, Kibum, dongahe and heechul.

he emmediately grabbed hyun joong's hand and dragged him to the fire exit stairs at the far end of the hallway. when he was sure that no one else was in earshoot distance he immediately reprimanded him, "yah hyun joong, you shouldnt ask questions like that in the classroom...?"

hyun joong looked at him and ask puzzled, "why it was a simple enough question to ask. and usually the answer is a simple yes or no, no need to drag me here..."

"yah...!!!" he shouted. then he sighed knowing that with how weird hyunjoong thinks he probably has a weird way of understanding some stuff. he then asked, "wae..? why do you ask..?"

"nothing really, i was just curious about somethings. aishhh... why would i ask you, i guess the answer would probably be NO. since we have been friends for a long time i never saw you date anyone. well let me ask you a different question.." hyun joong said that made him a little angry by concluding he has never dated before.

he thought, 'it isnt that I didnt have anyone I liked before, it's just that it was going to be complicated if I acted on it..'

"well so here is my real question. have you liked someone so much that you cant stop thinking of her. and even when you close your eyes the face that you see is only her..? and it really drives you crazy thinking of her but if you dont think of her you know you would literally go insane...?" hyun joong asked.

as kyu looked at his face he could see the play of expression on his face, from smiling to frown to brows together then he had the pensieve look.  it all took a few seconds of all those facial expression. hyun joong was breathless after those words.

"huh..? wait let me process that..?" he said then cotinued saying, "so you are asking if i had some one i liked so much that either thinking of her or not thinking of her will drive me crazy, but then you cant stop thinking of her...? is that right..?" while processing hyun joong words..

hyun joong nodded, kyu sighed, "well actually yeah, i think i felt that way before about someone but..."

"but..? what..?" hyun joong asked eagerly

"well it was to complicated to pursue, so i just didnt pursue it..." he said calmly trying to explain his past experience

"huh...? just like that... then what about going crazy that you didnt pursue her..?" hyun joong asked, it was funny how hyun joong asks him so much like he was some love guru when in truth he was as much in the same boat as him.

"yeah, well i just dealt with it. was crazy for a little while but then again just have to endure it. sometimes something are better left undone.. something are better left the way they are... and most specially somethings are more precious that pursuing for the unknown and the unguaranteed.." he said. the questions of hyun joong was making him feel more puzzled

"...and some day that feeling may simply fade and another feelings may blossom..." he said

" huh just like that...? that is all you can say..? isnt it stupidity and cowardly to not pursue..? hyunjoong asked quited irritated

"yeah i guess wyou would see it tha way but as i have said somethings are more precious that pursuing for the unknown and the unguaranteed.. and sometimes those feeling fade and other blossom..." kyu joong continued and he saw hyun joong shook his head showing his disappointment and disagreement.

"but hyun joong, why are you asking me this questions...?" he asked

"well anyway, actually I have recently been having the same feelings. i keep thinking of her and cant seem to shut her out of my mind. she haunts me waking hours as well as my dreams. thinking of her every seconds drives me crazy and if i tried not thinking of her i know i will probably go insane. she seemed to have bewitched me. and ----..." hyun joong words were interrupted when suddenly sohee and G-dragon sunbae walked passed the door of the where we were.

Kyu noticed how sohee blushed at being seen with G-dragon hand in hand. he turned around and leaned on the land rails as he looked at the ground below, he then noticed a guy and a girl passionately kissing under the tree. when the couple broke their kiss he was shock to see that its was his yunho hyung's classmate Seunghyun sunbae and hyori noona.

he and hyun joong chuckled cause Seunghyun looked up and saw them. Seunghyun sunbae immediately grabbed Hyori noona somewhere...

"well where were we..? ash yeah hyun joong do you have someone you like right now..?" he asked carefully

"yeah i guess, but then again i dont think we are allowed to be together.. but i think i cant just stop this feeling and i intend to just go for it..." hyun joong said heatedly

"why? immo doesnt ban you from dating base from jaejoong hyung long number of girls.." he said.

"it isnt like that,  its just that she is way older than me. and i just knew her for quite a short time only and us having a relationship is just agaisnt the rules, she as much as told me that.." hyun joong said

"older than you, like how much older..? and what do you mean she as much as told you...? did you confess already..?" he was shocked, hyun joong may be blunt with friends but he was silent person with strangers. he couldnt imagine him confessing to someone that bluntly.

"well she is about 6 years older.. and yes i confessed. she told me that i was too young. but i know that she like me too. but i know that age isnt the real problem, its the rules tha is the real problem..." hyun joong said heatedly

"rules, what rules..?" he asked puzzled.

"well she mentioned about the society rules, morality rules and.... school rules... aishhhh...!!! this really is driving me crazy... but what ever i will do what ever i can... i certainly fo it..." hyun joong said with frustration written all over his body language

suddenly the door burst open and yoobin came screaming, "yah gorilla, why didnt you say that you would be early today...! and hyun joong what's the matter, do you have some problem..? is immo and samchun okay..? is jaejoong hyung okay...?

i smiled seeing the usual bright personality of my bestfriend and heard hyun joong comment, "as usual, always bright and loud Binnie..."

"well certainly wuri binnie is always like that, and that is always better than being gloomy and weird..." jungmin said as he placed his hand over yoobin's shoulders and eyed hyun joong.

"jungminnie... " kyu called his name

from jungmin's back he saw hyungjun and youngsaeng. youngsaeng waved his hand in greeting and hyungjun shouted from over jungmin and yoobin's back, "heard that Hyun joongie is here now... was way more early than anyone in class... is that really true..?"

hyungjunnie pushed himself passed JM and YB. said, "aish this is a miracle, ahhh... joongie why do you have to be here.."

"junnie pay up, you lost... that is your punishment for not believing in our classmates" JM said

Kyu shook his head seeing that the whole gang was in already, then we heard the bell ring. they immediately ran towards the classroom bumping into other schoolmates who were running to their respective classroom. when we arrived the teacher, Hwangbo was already standing at the teacher's table.

when kyu looked at their classmates he was standing just infront of Hwang Tiffany. the rest of their classmates - taeyeon, yuri, sooyoung, jessica, hyoyeon, sunny ands seohyun - were smiling at their group for running together and looking so much out of breath. and he saw that Tiffany smiled while looking at him, 'hmmnnnn to day is really one of my lucky days...'

"well Goodmorning class president, so glad that you are here now, please take your seat.." teacher hwang bo said

they all bowed and greeted, "good morning teacher and went to their seat.."

HYunjoong was the last one to take a walk towards the seat and greeted the teacher by himself, "good day teacher Hwang Bo-shi yo..."

he sat himself down looking to the front to where hwang Tifanny was sitting. then she suddenly looked around and smiled at kyu, he thought, 'i guess really today is my lucky day...'