Last Forever

Hands

I stepped out of the tunnel in the airport, expecting screams and shouts from fans. Instead, I was greeted by almost complete silence.

“Wh…?” Lay hadn’t even managed to get out a single word before the manager interrupted.

“SM closed off the airport this morning so you don’t have to deal with crazy fans and reporters.”

I smiled tiredly, taking off my sunglasses that I had brought to shield myself from the shutter clicks. The schedule in China was hectic, even more so than in Korea. We’d come back from the various events in the middle of the night, often too tired to even change out of our clothes. What had supposed to have been a few days’ journey ended up being a few weeks, more than a month.

I rubbed my eyes, thankful for SM’s consideration. I didn’t think I could stand it if we were interrogated by another reporter, asked to sign another autograph. At least, not today. I took a step into the open airport, looking around.

And that was when all the shouting began.

“Wh…what is that?” Jongdae asked, looking around frantically, searching for the source of the screaming.

Tao had crouched down into some sort of wu shu pose, his hands in front of him, ready to attack whatever it was.

The manager only laughed and pointed straight ahead. I squinted my eyes and I could make out six figures running towards us at full speed.

“Oh dear god…” I heard Minseok hyung mutter under his breath.

They didn’t stop when they reached us. No, it seemed that the nearer they were to us, the more energy they had and the more force they put in their speed. All around me, I heard crashes as the six members of EXO-K finally got to us and tackled the remaining members. But I didn’t pay them any attention since in front of me, walking towards me nervously with his head down, was Se Hun.

He was the only member who didn’t rush over at us. Instead, he walked, step by step. When he finally reached me, I could see the excitement and anxiousness in his eyes.

He took a step closer and then hesitantly reached up to my face with his hand. That hand was still as perfect as ever and I could trace nearly every line, every finger. I could see he was shaking. I closed my eyes as his cool, silky hand met my face. He traced my features—my fluttering eyes, my rosy cheeks, my waiting lips.

I opened my eyes and without pausing to think, I immediately wrapped my arms around him. It felt so good to finally have him back in my arms, where he belonged. It had been too long since he was there, since he was with me.

“Hyung…” Se Hun breathed and I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

I shivered, not able to answer him.

“You’re back…you’re finally back,” He pulled away and looked me in the eye.

He reached up again with both his hands this time. I didn’t look at them this time though. I was too focused on his face and what it told me. It told me that he hadn’t had a good night’s sleep since I left. It told me he had skipped a few meals to wait for my daily calls. It told he had been scared that we wouldn’t be the same anymore.

It pained me that he was doing this to himself. And for me.

Because I was so focused on his face, I was startled when I felt his two large hands placed on my cheeks. I blinked, this time focusing on the big picture, not the small details. And that’s when I saw it. Saw how happy he was that I was here. Saw how much he had missed me. Saw how much he loved me.

“Se Hun…” I choked on my words.

And that’s when the two hands on my face started pulling. Pulling me towards him. I closed my eyes as the distance between us vanished into nothing. Se Hun’s sweet lips crashed into mine and I could no longer focus on anything but those heart-shaped lips that felt so soft on mine and so…so right.

“I missed you so much. I just…I don’t know. I felt like I was…I mean, I want to say…” He was blabbering, just like the old Se Hun. He took a deep breath, calming himself down before whispering the only words that mattered. “I love you.”

I smiled then, pulling him in and planting a soft kiss on his forehead. “I love you too, Oh Se Hun.”

He grinned, and then, hearing our managers’ hurried voices, looked at me before extending a hand towards me.

I studied the hand—the perfectly shaped, perfectly sculpted, just absolutely…perfect hands—for a nanosecond, and then, giving him a radiant smile, took the hand in mine with confidence.

As we walked out of the airport and into the sunshine, I looked down at our intertwined hands that fit perfectly with each other and smiled, thinking that I was wrong on that first day when I met Oh Se Hun for the first time. That hadn’t been just the start of something new…it was the start of something that would last forever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aaaahhh...it's done D: WELLLLLLL....because so many of you seemed sad that the story's ending....there MIIIIGHT be a little surprise *cough epilogue cough* tomorrow...hehe. So look forward to that okay? Hope you liked this official last chapter...but stay tuned for an added bonus hehe. Love you all <3