We'll Be Fine

Hands

It was our showcase. The first impression we would make to the world. The last week had been tense for all of us, and we had been on edge. I don’t think anyone slept more than an hour or so the previous day. At least I know I didn’t.

The hour in the makeup room had been silent, with members silently going over their lines, smoothly going over their dance moves. No one talked except for the occasional chatter of the makeup noonas. We just didn’t have the energy or emotions to.

“Hey guys!” The door suddenly opened and a familiar friendly face appeared in the doorway. His presence was so bright that an automatic smile crept up everyone’s face.

“Leeteuk hyung!”

“Hey…just wanted to stop by to encourage you guys! You guys will do amazing! Don’t worry, I’m the MC tonight and I’ll try to make everything as easy as possible. Fighting! See you guys out there in a few minutes!” Leeteuk, a true leader and sunbae, smiled at us with fatherly pride.

As Leeteuk left, so did our smiles. It was as if with his leave, he took away our excitement, and all that was left was the initial anxiousness and nervousness.

“EXO!” Our manager called us loudly to get our attention. “Today’s the day guys. Today is finally the day where you get to show your talents to the entire world. I’ve been with you twelve kids since day one and I’ve seen how much you’ve all grown and matured. You guys have prepared for this day forever! Leeteuk’s right. You guys will do fine…no, more than fine. You’ll capture the hearts of women everywhere.”

As I looked around the crowded room, I could see that some members grinned at the sincere words from our manager while others still looked unconvinced and on the edge of their feet.

Su Ho, forever our guardian, noticed this too and sighed. “Come on guys. Hyung’s right. We’ll do great! We have our two own dancing machines here, Kai and Lay. Four amazing vocals, Chen, Lu Han, D.O. and Baekhyun. Two charismatic rappers, Kris and Chanyeol. Our two adorable maknaes, Tao and Se Hun. Of course there’s also EXO-M’s Jin Bao Zi, Xiu Min. And you’ve all got a handsome, hardworking, and perfect leader!” Su Ho grinned, looking around at everyone, trying to lighten up the tense environment.

Shouts of protest were heard all around the room at the last sentence.

Su Ho laughed. “No, but all jokes aside, haven’t we been working hard for months?”

Nods everywhere.

“Well then! Have some faith in yourselves! Come on…WE ARE…” Su Ho trailed off, the beginning of a grin starting on his face.

“ONE!” The rest of us shouted, united, and truly, as one.

“Now that’s the guys I know!” Su Ho beamed at everyone.

A worker ran in, breathless as he announced, “It’s time.”

I took a deep breath. Showtime.

We all got into place below the stage, waiting for the cue from the stage staff. My heart couldn’t stop beating. This was it. This was what we had been preparing for. This was what we had dreamed about since we were young. This was the reason for our endless practices, our hardworking sweat, our pain and joy.

Suddenly, a hand found its way into mine. I looked down in surprise and then back up at the owner of the hand. Se Hun.

I shivered at the sudden contact between the two of us. I couldn’t shake the feeling that somehow…somehow this was right. Somehow, my hand belonged in Se Hun’s. Forever and always.

No words were passed between us. There was no need to. I could tell by the glint in Se Hun’s eyes that he was excited, but the endless chewing on his lip suggested that he was as nervous as hell.

I smiled softly at Se Hun and squeezed his hand. He squeezed back, this time with more force. And that was all the communication we needed to understand each other. One squeeze of the hand and we knew. We knew that the showcase was going to be fine. We knew that our debut was going to be fine. But most of all, we knew that WE were going to be fine.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter for you guys :) I'm sorry the last two chapters were kinda sad...maybe this will make up for it? :3 thanks for reading!