For You

Hands

Hands. Those were the first things I noticed about him. His perfectly masculine hands. I remember how I had stared at those sculpted hands as they were being extended towards me.

“Hi…my name is Se Hun,” The boy smiled at me and only then did I look into his face. And that face…that face was also perfect.

“H…hi. I’m Lu Han,” I managed to choke out, still staring at him. But now, I was divided on whether to look at his beautiful hands or his handsome face. How could someone be so perfect?

I grabbed the hand that was extended towards me, and, as soon as we made contact, my heart set off running. His big hands enveloped mine perfectly, securing them and protecting them. I looked into his face again, and I could see his eyebrows furrow. I smiled at the thought that maybe, just maybe, he could feel it too.

“Come on guys…now that everyone’s met each other and we're all acquainted, let’s go get some rest. It's been a long day,” Su Ho appeared out of nowhere, forcing Se Hun to pull his hand back.

I frowned, suddenly feeling empty without the protection from his hands. I felt a pair of eyes on me as I walked away, and I turned around, catching Se Hun looking at me. I smiled at him and he looked away, a slight blush creeping up his neck. I also turned away, thinking that this…this could be the start of something new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“Lu Han hyung! Hyung! Are you okay?” I looked up to find Se Hun running towards me at full speed.

“I, uh…” I didn’t get to finish, as Se Hun had finally reached me and was now crouching down next to me.

I was on the floor in the kitchen, surrounded by tiny pieces of glass everywhere. I looked down at my hands, which I realized only then were bleeding.

“Hyung!” Se Hun exclaimed, taking my bleeding hands into his perfect ones. Even after the many months we’ve known each other, I still felt a shiver down my back whenever his hands touched mine.

He carefully turned my hands over, examining them with precision. I paid no attention to the throbbing I felt, instead focusing on Se Hun. His face was contorted into one of absolute concentration, his bottom lip jutting out just a little, as it did whenever he was really serious. His eyes were narrowed, only focused on my bleeding hands. I smiled at how easily I could read him, just after a few short months. It was fascinating how much I could tell you about Se Hun’s mood from just one look at his face.

And then there were those hands. Right now, those said hands were gently caressing mine, looking for single glass pieces. I stared at them and marveled for the thousandth time at how perfect they were. The milky complexion that never changed no matter how long he stayed out in the sun, the long, skinny fingers that often found its way onto my shoulder, and the soft palms that would comfort me on bad days.

“Hyung? I’m gonna go get the first aid kit, all right? Don’t move.” Se Hun told me now, already standing up and letting go of my damaged hands. And just like on that fated first day, I felt a strange emptiness at the sudden leave of the hands that had comforted me countless of times.

With Se Hun’s soft hands gone, I could fully feel the pain that came from the glass shards. Before, I hadn’t even acknowledged the pain, because I couldn’t really feel it—not with Se Hun’s careful hands guiding me. Now, I could feel the throb of my hands, as if a million needles were sinking their sharp edges into my skin.

Just as I was about to cry out though, Se Hun emerged again, and took my hands in his. And just like that, I felt the pain vanishing from me, as if Se Hun was literally taking away the pain.

“Hyung…I’m going to bandage your hand all right? It…it might hurt a little.” Se Hun said, looking up at me.

I wanted to explain that as long as he was the one helping me, nothing he did would hurt. Bu of course I couldn’t say that, so instead, I just nodded for him to go on.

Se Hun tried to bandage the hand carefully, but I still flinched every time he hit a raw opening. He stopped when he felt me jerk away from him. “Mianhe hyung…”

I shook his head, grimacing slightly. “Ani Hunnie…go ahead. It doesn’t hurt.”

“You don’t have to be so strong hyung…” Se Hun said quietly, going back to work.

I smiled softly and thought, “Oh but I do…I do have to stay strong. For you Hannie. For you.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter! Do you like it so far? :3 comments are much appreciated!