Almost ft. Lee Taemin and Lee Sunny.

Endless Music To My Ears (One-Shots)

Falling in love with a girl that is older than you is very hard. That’s what I felt when I fell in love with the most amazing girl ever, Lee Sunny. She’s a noona but she told me not to call her ‘Noona’ because she said that she felt too old when she is being called noona. Sunny is my older brother’s wife and it hurts so much when I always see them together, especially now that Sunny is living at our house. I felt very jealous all the time. But actually, I have known Sunny first than Sungmin hyung did. We have this so-called ‘Almost’ relationship before she and hyung married each other..

It happened way back when I was still on Junior High and she’s already a Senior in my school..

“Guys, I wanted all of you to meet my girlfriend tonight. We’ll be having dinner at home and I want to introduce her to you guys.” Jonghyun hyung said to us. Oh, by the way, we have this group and we are called ‘SHINee.’ We’re like an idol group but we perform on our school only. SHINee is composed of me, Key hyung, Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung and Minho hyung. I’m not boasting but we have gained popularity already here in our school.

“Will she be with other girls too?” Minho hyung asked excitedly. He badly wanted to have a girlfriend and we usually set him up with other girls in our school but he still couldn’t find the one. I don’t understand why all of them wanted to have girlfriends. My mom said that having a girlfriend is just a distraction to my studies and it’s just a waste of time but my hyungs said that I wouldn’t understand anything about a relationship until I had one.

“She told me that she’ll be bringing her best friend along.” Jjong hyung said as we all nodded. “So, you guys better get prepared now. It’s already 5pm and I’ll see you guys at my house at 7pm sharp. Okay?”

I walked to my home, alone, as I thought of having a girlfriend. Maybe I should try having one, but I actually don’t know anything about falling in love. I haven’t felt it anyways. They said that when you fall in love, you can’t sleep because reality is better than dreams. Hmm, I haven’t felt anything like that, eh? They also said that your heart will beat abnormally and rapidly when you met him/her already.I wish I could feel those things over a girl..

But, aren’t there consequences also when you fall in love, right? I wonder what consequences are those and whatsoever. I stopped in my tracks, looked down, sighed heavily and then looked up again. I was surprised to see a bicycle raging at me, almost bumping at me. Fortunately, I was able to stop it but the girl who’s driving it fell out of balance. I helped the girl get up as I offered my hand at her. Seconds later, she placed her hand on mine and sheepishly got up.

“Sorry for the trouble that I caused! I almost bumped at you. I just felt dizzy a while ago causing me not to see my way clearly. I’m really sorry.” She bowed her head and continued, “Thank you also for helping me.”

I found this girl cute. The way she says sorry and thank you, the way she bowed her head, it’s really cute. I stared at her for a while and said, “It’s alright. I wasn’t hurt anyway, neither you. Luckily, I was here.” I chuckled as she smiled at me.

“Shoot! I still need to get ready. I’m meeting my best friend’s boyfriend tonight so I still need to get ready. Goodbye and thank you again!” Before I could speak a word, she already left, riding her bicycle again. I can’t help but smile at the sight of her leaving. I walked again, smiling widely, thinking of how cute she was.

***

“Taemin-ah! You are here already! You are just in time.” Jonghyun hyung said as he stepped aside and let me enter his house. I smiled at the sight of my friends but someone particular caught my eye. S-She is here?

“Taemin, this is Jessica, my one and only girlfriend.” Jjong hyung said as she pointed at the blonde girl who looks like a Barbie doll. “And this is her best friend, Sunny.” Oh, so she is Sunny. What a nice name.

“You are the one who helped me this afternoon, right?” Sunny said, smiling. I was glad that she still remembered me. She continued, “It’s nice to see you again, Taemin.”

“So, you two already knew each other, eh?” Minho hyung said with a teasing look on his face which caused me to blush madly.

“Yeah, we kind of bumped at each other this afternoon.” I shyly answered as they all laughed at me, especially Sunny. Her laugh is really wonderful.

“Anyways, they are already seniors in our school so you should call them noona, Taemin.” Key hyung said. I was shocked a bit for Sunny is older than me but I still smiled at them.

“So, as you can see.. dinner is not yet finished. I’m sorry but I kind of cook dinner late already that’s why it isn’t still finish. I’ll just call you all when dinner is served already.” Jonghyun hyung said as he scratched his head and chuckled a bit. All of us separated inside the house. Some of us were playing while others are reading a book. I see that I already don’t have a place in the living room so I just decided to go to the garden and sat at the benches there. It really feels good when I’m here..

“Why are you alone?” I heard a girl’s voice spoke behind me. I turned around and saw Sunny.. noona. My heart beat rapidly and abnormally. Why am I feeling this way towards her? I can’t possibly be in love with her already. It’s just.. too fast.

“Oh, Hi Sunny.. noona.” I said as I bowed my head. She sat beside me and giggled a bit.

“Please just call me Sunny, okay? I feel very old when I’m being called noona.” Sunny laughed as I nodded at her. The atmosphere right now is just too awkward.

“Uhh, Taemin-ah?” Sunny said as I faced her. “Are you free tomorrow?” Is she going to ask me out?!

I blushed at the thought and said, “Neh. Why Sunny?”

“Can you accompany me tomorrow in my shopping? My girls said they aren’t free tomorrow so I’m going all alone and I hate being alone. So if you could.. can you go with me?” She said, smiling. I didn’t know why but I was feeling very happy when she asked me to accompany her so I immediately nodded at her request.

“Yahoo! Thank you, Taemin-ah! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Sunny immediately hugged me as I begin to tremble with her touch. She was really like a child. It’s like I want to protect her forever in my life. I’ve never felt this way before over a girl.

“Yah! You two! Stop acting like love birds there. Dinner’s served already. Hurry and eat!” Onew hyung suddenly appeared in front of us, causing us to be startled. Sunny let go of me and bit her lower lip. At the same time, I blushed madly which caused Onew hyung to laugh.

“Onew, you startled us.” Sunny said as she hit Onew in the head playfully.

Onew gave us an evil laugh and said, “You two are sweet, huh.”

***

I’m already here at the mall where Sunny and I will meet for our so-called, date? I’m the first one to arrive so I just roamed around while waiting for her. I really dressed up nicely today so I could get a nice impression from her. Is this really what they are calling love? It’s also the first time I dressed up nicely for a girl even though we’re doing some shopping only. I dressed up nicely just for Sunny..

“Taemin-ah, you’re here!” I saw Sunny from afar, waving at me and grinning widely. I went to her with a big smile plastered on my face as she cling her arm around mine and said, “Let’s start now!”

Whoa. Sunny is really a big shopping addict. She buys anything from every store and I’m holding many paper bags now, even her. I can’t believe that she loves clothes and accessories this much. After some time doing shopping, Sunny and I finally sat on a bench at a park near the mall to rest. Btw, we placed all the shopping bags on Sunny’s car before going to the park.

“Taemin, thanks for accompanying me today.” Sunny immediately said, smiling at me. I smiled back at her and gave her a do-not-worry-it-is-fine look.

The atmosphere is very awkward again, ugh. I saw Sunny closed her eyes and smiled. She’s so pretty with all that features. Her perfect eye smile and those perfect lips which I could kiss anytime if someone wouldn’t stop me. I just can’t help but.. like her. Without any hesitation, I immediately said, “Sunny, it seems like you are very tired already. Lay your head on my lap and sleep for a while.” I smiled as she opened her eyes in shock.

“Are you sure?” She said, stuttering for a while but eventually said, “O-okay, Taemin.”

She laid her head on my lap and I could feel happiness overflowing on me. I don’t know what urge me to do this but I started brushing the stray strands of her hair even though I knew she was still awake. After a while, I heard her saying, “Taemin, what is love for you?”

“For me, love is when you can’t sleep at night because you know reality is better than dreams.” For the first time in my life, I believed in that saying. Actually, last night, I couldn’t sleep because of excitement for today’s happening.

“What about you, Sunny? What is love for you?” I asked, smiling widely.

“Love is you, Taemin.” A-am I.. hearing right? For her, I am love? I could feel my heart thumping loudly from my chest and I almost can't breathe properly because of what she said.

Sunny sat down properly and faced me as I said, “Is that true, Sunny? We’ve only met each other for almost 2 days..” I answered, still not believing what I am hearing.

“Well, I do believe in love at first sight.” Sunny said, smiling weakly. “Look, I have to go now. Meet me at this place again tomorrow at 8 AM, okay?” She said and immediately walked away.

***

I hurried to the park as I saw Sunny on one of the benches, sobbing. “S-Sunny?”

“Taemin!” Once Sunny saw me, she immediately stood up and hugged me tightly, still sobbing. I wonder what’s wrong with her. I hugged her back and said, “What’s wrong, Sunny?”

“I love you, Taemin. I love you so much.” I was shocked with what Sunny said. This is the happiest day of my life! The happiest thing in life is really when you are loved back by the person that you love. But I still wonder why is she crying? There’s really something wrong.. eh?

“I love you more, Sunny.” That’s all I can say. We broke our hug and I saw Sunny’s beautiful face filled with tears. She sobbed even more and said, “Taemin, I’m getting married with your brother. We’re on an arranged marriage. Our marriage will be this afternoon..” Tears started forming into the corner of my eyes as I heard Sunny said those hurting words. She’s getting married with my brother? Why didn’t my brother even tell me about this?

“W-what about.. us?” I asked, tears started flowing onto my cheeks. It’s just the first time I have been in love and then I will be experiencing how to be hurt this easy for the first time too?

“Just remember that I love you, Taemin.” Sunny said as she started walking away from me. As she was walking away, I could feel my heart shattering into billion pieces. She had left a scar on my heart already..

That’s why till now, I’m still waiting for her even though she’s married to my big brother already.  I know I’m so pathetic with this kind of attitude but I can’t help to love anyone but her. Even though I have met many girls already, I just can’t seem to replace her into my heart. Lee Sunny, you’ll forever be on my heart..

 ***

A/N : Okay, okay! I know this thing . :P Btw, next story will be about little_miss_psycho’s requested pairing ‘KyuNa’. I’ll start accommodating your requests now. :”> Gomawo!

Signing off,

Sunnybunnyo3.