A Thousand Years ft. Kim Jonghyun and Im Yoona

Endless Music To My Ears (One-Shots)

 

I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I love you for a thousand and all alone I believe I will find you. Time has brought your heart to me and I have loved you for a thousand years.. I love you for a thousand more.

What does it feel like when you are waiting for someone you love to come back? It feels so hard waiting for that special someone when you don’t even know when would he come back or if he would still do come back. It’s so ing hard.

“He doesn’t even know that I have loved him all this time..”I said to my dearest sister, Hyoyeon. Tears are now forming again in the corner of my eyes as I looked up the ceiling, controlling them so they wouldn’t fall. I’m so tired of crying, waiting for him to come back.

Hyoyeon tapped my back for comfort as I smiled weakly. I turned to face her as hot tears flowed like waterfalls into my cheeks. I really couldn’t control it, as usual. “Thank you for comforting me always, Hyo. You are the most amazing sister in the world.” I’m so glad to have Hyoyeon in my life for she never failed to understand me during times like this. “Yoong, you know I’m always here for you.” She smiled. “No matter what..”

It’s been a year already since Kim Jonghyun, the most wonderful person I ever met in my whole life went to America. He is my dearest best friend since diaper days and I have loved him my whole life. I mean, I have always loved him more than a best friend but I haven’t told him and I would always regret that decision of mine.

A day before he left, I was literally crying so hard at my bedroom and I was still too coward to tell him that I love him and that I don’t want him to leave me. He was trying to call me all that time because I haven’t been showing up to him since I’m afraid I’ll broke down into tears in front of him. I’m such a jerk, right?

He was trying to call me but I turned off my phone. I cried myself to sleep. Before I sleep, I have decided not to join my friends and family in sending him off to the airport  because I really can’t accept the fact that he’s going to leave me already. I woke up at 7 am. There’s only an hour left before his plane is going to leave. I my cellphone and saw 40 missed calls from him and our other friends and 2 text messages. From Taemin and Jonghyun.

I read the text of Taemin. It says there, “Noona! You could still change Jonghyun hyung’s decision of his departure tomorrow! Go to our house and confess your feelings to him!! You love him, right? He told me something!! Faster~~~~~”

My eyes turned wide as I went on to Jonghyun’s text. My eyes went even wider when I read his text. Tears started flowing onto my cheeks as I read them. “Yoona, I know that you don’t feel the same way like I do to you. I wanted to tell you this since then and now is the perfect time. Goodbye, I’ll miss you so much Deer Yoong. Saranghaeyo..”

I called Taemin as soon as I read their texts, hoping Jonghyun is still with them. “Taemin-ah!” I said, crying. “Is he still there?” 

“Noona, I’m sorry but he left already..” I could hear the sadness in Taemin’s voice as he said those heartbreaking words. “He told me last night that he’s going to confess to you already and maybe if you say that you love him too, he said he could change his decision and just stay here. Actually, the main reason why he wanted to go to America is because he needs to cure his sickness or else he’ll die…”  My eyes grew wide. 

“W-w-what? W-what s-sickness? W-why didn’t he t-told me a-about that?!” I was actually panicking and at the same time, crying so ing hard.

“Cancer. He has cancer. He didn’t tell you because he doesn’t want you to worry, noona.”

I dropped the cellphone I was holding as I pressed my back on the wall behind me and slid down slowly onto the floor. I literally broke down crying. Kim Jonghyun! I hate you!  Why didn’t you even tell me?! I’m your best friend, right?!

And that’s what happened a year ago. I haven’t heard any news about him until now. I don’t know If he happened to survive or not but I know he will do survive. I know that he will come back. Now all I need to do now is to stay strong and be patient. Stay strong, Yoona. I know you can do it. You are invincible, right?

Four days has passed. Today is Christmas Day. I’m happy but I’m sad too. I think you know the reason why. All these days, I have been wishing to Santa and to the heavens up above for the perfect gift I could ever receive.. Kim Jonghyun. I just wish it would happen.

I went down and greet my family a Merry Christmas and we exchanged gifts. Actually, these material things really don’t matter to me anymore for all I want this Christmas is Kim Jonghyun. I hope he’s safe and sound. I hope he survived that stupid cancer thing. I have been praying every single day since he left for him to survive his sickness and be fully recovered. I really don’t know what’s the latest news and happenings about him because Taemin do refuses to tell me about those things.

After a while, I went outside and it’s already snowing. I smiled as I stepped outside and sat on the small bench which Jjong and I used to sit on when we are bored. We sit there and just talk about everything under the sun. I miss those times. A single tear drop from my right eye as I reminisce those lovely memories with him.

“Noona, Merry Christmas!” I jumped out of my seat and turned around. I saw Taemin smiling so widely and holding a small box. “This is for you, noona.” He said as he handed me the small box.

I smiled. “Thank you, Taemin.” I noticed something. “Why are you so happy today, huh? I haven’t seen that wide smile of yours since Jjong left.” Taemin just smirked at me, waved goodbye and went home. I chuckled as I looked on the box I was holding. I started un-wrapping the gift wrap. Tears formed on the corner of my eyes as I saw the box. It says there, “From Kim Jonghyun..”

I opened the box and saw a heart-shaped locket necklace. I opened the locket and saw a picture of the both of us. I cried more and smiled. A few minutes later, I was still crying and just staring at the gift.

“Merry Christmas..” Someone from behind me greeted. That voice, that beautiful and husky voice I’ve been longing to hear all this time. I turned around and saw Kim Jonghyun behind me, showing of that dazzling and beautiful smile of his. My eyes grew wide. I said, “Is this a dream?” I pinched my arm so hard and I felt pain.

I smiled and literally jumped out from my seat and hugged Jonghyun tightly. More tears flowed onto my cheeks. I broke the hug and faced him, my face full of tears. “You pabo! Why didn’t you even tell me you have that sickness? Are you okay now? Did you fully recover?!” I placed my hands on his shoulder, completely checking if he’s fine. He was supposed to speak now but I cut him off and said, “Yah! Did you even know that I’ve been like crying everyday waiting for you come back?! Did you even know that I could have died of loneliness because you are not here with me?! Did you even know that I’m praying and wishing everyday that you are okay?! Most especially, did you even know that I love—“ He planted a small kiss on my lips. I was shocked with what he has done.

“I’m perfectly fine and I love you..” He smiled. “So much.”

 

And all alone I believe I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me because I have loved you for a thousand years..  

I love you for a thousand more.

____

A/N: OMG!! It's Christmas Vacation already!! You all know what that means, right? I'll write more stories! YAHOOO! And for those who also are supporting my other stories besides this, I LOVE YOU AND I'LL TRY TO WRITE MORE CHAPPIES I PROMISE! And also to those who are PATIENTLY waiting for this story to be updated and for their request to be accomodated, I LOVE YOU ALSO! I'm so sorry if I'm such a slow writer LOL I LOLOLOVE YOU ALL!! 

Hi --rainbows, here's your request! I hope you'll love it! Thank you for requesting! ^^