Today Was A Fairytale ft. Key and Hwang Tiffany

Endless Music To My Ears (One-Shots)

But can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there, it must have been the way, today was a fairytale.

August 9, 2010 is a very magical night for me.It was a night full of magic and a night wherein I felt like I’m in a fairytale. It was our High School prom. Every teenage girl’s dream is to have the perfect date, perfect gown, the perfect look on a once in a lifetime High School prom and it is indeed one of my dreams. I feel like I had the perfect prom night ever! Well, for me only.

____

Math class ended, finally! I went outside the classroom carrying my books happily. I was on my way to my locker when I saw Sunny and Jessica, my friends. I gave them a smile and said, “Have you prepared for the prom? Who’s your prom dates?” I was so excited for our upcoming prom.

“When is it again?” Sunny asked. She was actually not that interested in things like that. She prefers to stay at home and play computer games rather than attending some prom or whatsoever. My other friend, Jessica is like that too but the only difference is that she’d rather read books.

“It’s 1 week from now!” I said with an excited tone. “Don’t tell me you two wouldn’t come..”

“Uhm, I was actually thinking of not coming..” Jessica said. I gave her a deathly glare. “But I guess I would.” Just one death glare from me could change their decision! I’m really the Glaring Queen. Ha ha!

“So, who’s your date?” I asked, excitedly again. I wonder who will be asking me out on prom.

“I still don’t know.” Jessica and Sunny said in chorus. I laughed at them as they laughed too. We stopped in our tracks as we reached where the lockers are placed. I immediately opened my locker and saw a paper hanging. I get it and I read the letter out loud, “Meet me at the field later at 12nn.”

“Who’s that? Is that your secret admirer?” Sunny smiled. I laughed at her. Me? Wha—secret admirer? The heck, I don’t have any. Haha! Who is this person? Maybe it’s my enemy who wanted to have revenge on me! Golly gosh, but let me think.. I don’t have any enemy. Uhm, maybe this is..

“Hwang Tiffany!” Jessica suddenly shouted in front of my face. Gosh! I was in deep thinking about the one who wrote this letter. I couldn’t think of anyone writing this letter to me. Damn, who could this be?

We just went to the cafeteria because some their hungry. When we reached the cafeteria, I just searched for a table. Jessica and Sunny bought food. Once I saw a vacant table, I immediately placed my things on top of it and sat down. I was thinking of just doing the English essay we’ll be passing by next week. As I was thinking of words to write down, Key and his friends passed by. Key is my friend but he’s also a so-called enemy because he loves teasing me. A single day wouldn’t pass without him teasing me.

“Wow. I didn’t know you are serious with your studies.” Key sat beside me but I shooed him away. “Why are you shooing me away? I was just looking at what you are doing.” I glared at him and said, “You have seen it already so go away now.”

“I’ll ask you something.” Key said. “Do you have a date in our prom?” OMG, will he ask me out?

“Uhm, not yet. Why?” I stuttered while saying those words and I didn’t know why. Key said, “Why are you stuttering? You thought I’m gonna ask you out? No way!” Key laughed as I mimic his words and made some faces. I knew he’ll say that. “Okay. So leave me now.” He immediately left me as I sighed. Who’s gonna be my date? Oh wait, it’s already 11am. 1 more hour and I’ll be going to the field just to know who wrote that letter. 1 more hour..

Me, Sunny and Jessica’s next class would be on 2pm so we just waited on the cafeteria. They also wanted to see the one who wrote that letter. I really can’t wait to know who. It’s my first time receiving something like this and I really don’t know how to react when I see that person. What does that person want from me? I hope it’s not bad at all because we’re in school and many people would be in the field by that time that’s why that person couldn’t do something bad to me, right? Uhh, is it a girl or a boy? Why does he/she need to see me?

10 minutes left before clock strikes at 12nn..

“Come on! Let’s go to the field now. Let’s check.” Sunny squealed in delight as we walked to the school’s field. “I’m excited for you, Fany.” What? What are they excited about? We still don’t know what’s going to happen. Wish me luck.

We reached the field. It’s 5 minutes before the said time. I walked through the field and saw many people around. Oh, Minho’s here. He is Key’s friend. Minho went to me and said, “See the rose petals on the ground? Just follow them, Fany.” He smiled. I felt confused. I just obeyed him and followed the rose petals with Jessica and Sunny behind me.

“Oh my God! Who could this person be, Fany?! This is so sweet!” Sica said and squealed a bit. I didn’t answer because I was too busy thinking of what’s going to happen next. The rose petals path stopped on a mango tree. I saw a ribbon hanging and a paper on it saying, “PULL ME.” I pulled the ribbon and lots of rose petals fell down on me. “What really is this?”

“OMG, Fany turn around and you’ll know what really is this all about.” Jessica and Sunny squealed. What is this? I obeyed them. I slowly turned around and I was shocked with what I just saw. It is Key holding some flowers. “K-Key? You are the one who wrote that letter? What is this for?” I asked, my heart pumping at my chest very fast.

He opened his vest and there I saw his shirt. His shirt was saying, “Can you be my prom date, Hwang Tiffany?” That’s when my eyes widened. Imagine, Key? Key would ask me out to be his prom date? I really can’t believe this is happening! Awhile ago, he was just teasing me and he even told me that there’s no way he would ask me out to be his prom date but now, he’s totally asking me out! O-M-G.

“But you told me awhile ago that there’s no way this would happen?” I asked, curious. He laughed at me and went near me. He said, “I was just joking awhile ago so you wouldn’t notice, Fany.” I’ve never heard his voice this sweet and caring. Oh my gosh. I just smiled at him and immediately looked at Sica and Sunny who kept on squealing because of the two of us. I laughed at them and turned back to Key.

“So what’s your answer?” Key asked and smiled. I smiled back and said, “YES.” He jumped because of happiness as I laughed at him. I added, “But this doesn’t mean I have a crush on you, okay?” He nodded and laughed. Okay, I have a prom date now, finally and I’m so excited for prom!

____

This is it. This is the day our prom would be happening. I have prepared so much for this day. I have to be beautiful in the eyes of Key. Keke! It was 4pm when I started fixing myself. I wore a pink, tube, balloon dress with matching black high heels. The dress’ length was 1 inch above the knee. My hair was curled, I had side swept bangs on with matching make-up. I don’t know if this is pretty enough for Key or not?

Key said that he will fetch me at 6pm since the prom would start at 7pm sharp. I was waiting downstairs for Key. I was just sitting at the sofa, feeling very nervous. I hope this night would be the best night in my high school life ever. Keke! After a few minutes, I heard a car parking in front of our house. Whoa, I didn’t know Key has a car! I bid goodbye to my Mother and immediately went outside.

I saw a different person instead of Key. “Oh, Taemin, what are you doing here?” I pouted because I thought it was Key already. Btw, Taemin is also one of Key’s friends and I don’t know why he is in front of our house. Taemin smiled and said, “Noona! Key hyung asked me to fetch you, eh?” Key asked Taemin to fetch me? I hate you Key. Ugh! I just said, “Okay, let’s go.”

When we reached the place, I saw a red carpet full of rose petals once again. I supposed you need to walk over there before you can reach the entrance door? But, no one’s walking over there but instead many people are surrounding it and when I got off the car, they all stared at me, smiling. I saw Jessica and Sunny over there and give me a just-walk-over-there look. OMG, they came! I’m so happy!

I looked behind and saw Taemin smiling. He said, “Go ahead. Walk over there.”

When I started walking on the red carpet full of rose petals, a spotlight suddenly shined on me. At the end of the red carpet, I saw a man standing over there. I can’t see clearly because it’s dark and the spotlight is only shining on me. Once the spotlight shined over both of us, I immediately saw that it’s Key. I asked, “You did all of these? For me?” I smiled widely. He nodded and said, “That’s why I let Taemin fetch you.” I was so happy. This is just the beginning of the prom but I felt overjoyed already.

“Come on, shall we dance?” Key asked as he offered his hand to me. I immediately held it and went inside with him. The place is so beautiful and it feels like we were in a fairytale. It feels so magical already. Key brought me to the center and we started dancing. I placed my arms around his neck as he placed his arms around my waist. Our face was just inches apart and I felt chills all over my body. Key is just too handsome, I admit it.

“Fany, I didn’t know you are this pretty.” Key said. I laughed and said, “Thank you. I was really flattered with your joke, Key.” Key said, “No, you really are. Since then, you’re beauty is always shining.”

____

Key took me into a garden just around the vicinity. Oh my God! This is just too pretty. When you walked inside the garden, you can see a fountain which has different colors of lights and it’s too beautiful. Once I entered the garden, I just stared at the fountain and didn’t notice the other things. Key asked, “Yah! Look over there, it’s so pretty!”

I immediately obeyed Key and looked on where he was pointing too. I said, “What? There’s nothing in there!” I immediately turned back my head and there it is, we kissed. I didn’t notice he purposely neared his face on me so when I turned my head back, he’ll be able to kiss me. My eyes widened and I pushed him suddenly because I was just shocked. “KEY! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!!” I said and pouted.

“And I wanted to do it for the second time around..” He suddenly kissed me again and this time, I didn’t push him or something but instead I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. This was the best part of the prom. This is such a breathtaking moment and It really feels like I’m in a fairytale right now.

And that’s the moment where I started FOREVER with him.

____

A/N: Hi guys!!! OMG I missed you all so much! Sorry I just updated now and I know this chapter once again. It’s because I am running out of ideas already and Junior life in HS is so stressing, I tell you. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this story! :D

NabilaLuvU-Kiss, sorry for the long wait! Anyways, here’s your other request. Thank you!! :D