TOO GOOD

SHOULD HAVE BEEN AND WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Suzy stared outside as the rain kept pouring and soon enough she noticed that her mini garden had now been flooded by the profuse pouring of the rain. 

She sighed. It had already been two days since classes were suspended. A strong typhoon hit their city. 

She kept on thinking, for almost two days of solitude. What might have been wrong with how she is right now. Had everything she had had not been enough for the only person she liked, that he had not even laid his eyes on her. 

It bothered her so much that she felt suffocated and her head was about to burst. 

It sprung way back years ago, while she was doing her daily routine of checking her social networking activities, she came across her old classmate in gradeschool. He had been her classmate in their first grade but afterwards, Suzy transferred. She was sort of delighted that he sent her a friend request and she gladly accepted it. For all she new, nothing more than that would happen between them. 

Suzy might have been out of her mind as she gradually developed feelings for that guy whom she virtually knows and had no commonality at all. You can say that she might have fallen for him because of his looks. Somewhat giving of a mysterious aura and being cold and indifferent inside but as well as somone who might be reliable and competent. She never met him in person but Suzy tried everything she could so that he'd notice her. Everytime she did, something would get in the way. 

When she went to high school , she had to study abroad. It was her personal descion. By all means she tried everything to keep herself in the loop of what was happening with him. Even so, she never had the courage to speak up to him. 

When she came back, she got admitted into a prestigious university and coming from an affluent family with a very elite background, one would immediately know here if he or she is a voracious reader of lifestyle magazines as well as fashion spreads. Young and capable of doing anything, she never felt completely happy. All she wanted is for him to know that she exists and wants to be part of his life. 

As for all that she knew, he came from a fairly simple middle class family who had once worked under his father's company and his mother had known her mother through mutual connections but nothing really connects the two of them other than that. 

One day, Suzy got bored and subbed his uncle's secretary in his clinic. She had nothing better to do and she always loved doing simple common things. As she helped around organizing and assisting in the clinic, this king young-looking lady in her mid 40's approached her to ask her if she was Suzy, after a few pleasantries, she realized that the kind lady was none other than the mother of the one person that she had longed to meet. 

Smiling and trying to maintain her composure, she went with his mom outside. She felt as if her heart would just jump out of her chest as she visualized the possiblility of her meeting him again in this God-given situation. 

The kind lady waved her had and called him to come, but somehow he didn't notice because he was partially blocked by other patients making their way down the hall. Suzy can't see if it was really him, aside from the people going around, she had a pretty bad eyesight. As soon as the hall cleared out somehow. She just felt her heart drop on the floor, her eyes were peeled open and she just stood there and stopped breathing.  Only one glimpse of him was all it took for herself to be convinced that she indeed liked him despite not knowing anything about him. He waved back. Suzy told the lady that she was needed inside. Suzy ran inside and locked herself inside the adjacent office space. But when she came out, he was not there anymore. 

The rain would not stop, and her mind just needed some inner peace. She didn't know how can she achieve inner peace. She paced around her room. She was called for lunch but she didn't have the apetite for one. Out of the blue she had this idea. Something she never had the courage to do. Something that would put everything on the line. As she mustered up all her courage and as she weigh in her odds, she circled the four corners of her room. 

She thought of how much had she changed. How much had she endured and how much had she lost.

After all she would have to put an end to this somehow, she thought. 

And so she took out her laptop and went online. 

She wasn't expecting for him to be online, but she waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Suzy: hey it's me if you still remember me,..... firstgrade seatmate who always had a weird apple cut? 

Myungsoo: ofcourse i do.... 

Suzy: do you mind if i'd bother you for a while.?

Myungsoo: alright?

Suzy: don't think of it at something strange or perhaps erted... hehehehe and don't think of it as a joke. I want you to take this seriously.... but I think I like you. I don't know why. I don't know how. But it just happened that I found myself drawn to you.

Myungsoo:.... ehrm.... what should i say. I mean your fine and all and I think that you'd be a really nice person to be with and somebody that i would like to know better........... but you see YOU'RE UP THERE AND I'M STILL STUCK IN THE THIRD FLOOR... i don't have what it takes to be someone who'd be near you. i hear alot from you and you're just like someone perfect.. too good for me.... 

Suzy: that was all i need to know... thanks for being honest.from now on i now have to think of what shall i do next. 

Myungsoo: sorry....

Suzy: it's alright. take care..

_________________________________________________________________________________________

And there wasn't even a moment of hesitation, she thought. 

She smiled and looked up to the ceiling. She laughed. It was still raining, but not as strong as before. 

Maybe the skies would be clearer by tomorrow.