Secret

A Little Pink Book

Dear Diary,

I woke up to find him gone.

Leeteuk had barged into my room far to early, interrupting my pleasant dream where I confessed to Kyuhyun and he accepted me, and began to freak out because he was not in his bed. I didn’t know where he had gone. It’s the day after our kiss and my confession to Eunhyuk; now he just disappeared. I can’t even begin to fathom why he would run away, but now I was worried. What if something bad happened to him?

“Sungmin, are you sure he didn’t come in last night?” I was asked by Leeteuk for the millionth time that morning.

“Like I said hyung, I was kind of…absorbed in other things last night after the performance. I don’t even remember if he was in the van with us on the way home.” I explained. I was feeling terrible about this. I should have made sure he was with us, and should have been suspicious when he wasn’t in bed last night. I had let my emotions cloud my judgment and now my dongsaeng was missing.

“How could you let this happen, Sungmin? You two are usually glued at the hip and now you just don’t notice that he never came back last night?” Leeteuk demanded. We were in the living room with all the other members, but they didn’t seem like they really wanted in on the argument.

“I’m sorry hyung, I know I screwed up. I was distracted, but that isn’t an excuse.” I say pathetically, tears starting to form in my eyes.

“What could have been so distracting that you didn’t notice he was missing?” He was shouting now, blaming me for this. The tears started falling. I was still a mess from yesterday and now this just sent me over the edge.

“Hyung, back off please. I was with Sungmin last night which is probably why he didn’t notice. He was asleep when I went back to my room. This isn’t his fault, and blaming him isn’t going to solve anything.” Eunhyuk interrupted while pulling me into a hug. I was sobbing hard now.

“I’m sorry Sungmin. I didn’t mean to blame you; it’s not your fault. Kyuhyun is a grown man, I’m sure he is fine and will come back when he is ready. I’m not going to call our manager unless he isn’t back by tonight. We don’t have any schedules so I think that it will just be best if we give him the alone time he is asking for.” Leeteuk concluded, patting my back gently in an apology.

“It’s ok hyung. I think, I think that I want to be alone right now too if that’s ok?” I ask pulling away from Eunhyuk’s embrace to see him give me a nod.

I headed down the hall, back to my room. I locked the door, the last thing I wanted was to have to deal with other people. I needed to sort things out. I knew that I wanted to tell him my feelings, but the question was how? And would he accept me or would he be disgusted with me and never speak to me again?

Wait, what if he overheard me talking to Eunhyuk? Is that the reason that he ran away?

I buried my face in my pillow and let out a small scream. So this really was my fault. He had overheard my conversation with Eunhyuk and now he ran away because he was so disgusted with me and would never be able to accept my feelings.

I had to fix this. Just because he had a problem with me didn’t mean he should run away from Super Junior. I had to make this right.

I began to search.

I didn’t know what I was looking for, just a clue I guess. I opened the drawer in the nightstand that we shared but I didn’t use. There was nothing in it outside of the ordinary. I went to the dresser and began searching through that. Again, nothing. I checked under the bed and in the closet. There was still nothing I didn’t expect to find.

I then turned to the desk. We shared it and the only thing on it that I never touched was his computer and his games. The computer wouldn’t help me because it had a password that kept anyone else from logging on. I looked at the games and figured it was worth a shot. I started opening them, one by one, and there was nothing in them. Finally opened the last one, it was his favorite game, and a little slip of paper fell out of the empty case. I picked it up and opened it. There was an address on it.

Why would he be keeping this address hidden?

I quickly opened my lap top and typed the address into google maps. A result quickly came up. It was in an apartment complex not too far from the dorms. I didn’t want to intrude on his privacy, maybe he was meeting someone. The thought hurt me, but I knew it was a possibility. I needed to know the truth though.

I grabbed my jacket and the piece of paper with the address on it and headed out the door. I heard some voices question where I was going as I passed through the living room but I ignored them.

It was raining outside, but I was in too much of a hurry to go back and get an umbrella. Besides, the complex was only a few blocks away. I hurried through the crowded sidewalk, bumping into people who cursed at me as I mumbled a rushed apology. Five minutes later I hurried into the apartment building and past the doorman who was looking at me suspiciously. I hit the button for the elevator which took an eternity to arrive.

I watched the buttons light up as I slowly made my way to the seventh floor. My heart was racing now. What was I going to say to him? I had no idea and I couldn’t formulate coherent thoughts at the moment.

Finally the elevator stopped and the doors opened. I stepped out into an empty hallway and referenced the sign to find the apartment number. I headed down the hall, my footsteps making soft ‘thumps’ against the carpet while all I heard was my heart pounding in my ears. I arrived to his apartment and faced the door. I brought a hand up to knock, hesitating, before I gently rapped the door; one, two, three times.

No answer.

I was about to knock again but stopped myself. If he came here to meet someone or to be alone he wouldn’t open the door. I should just go back and wait for him to return, but I needed to do this now before I chickened out.

I looked around me, how was I going to get inside? My hand instinctively came up to clasp something cold around my neck. It was the key he had given to me for my birthday. His words floated back to my ears.

“That’s up for you to figure out Minnie, but I promise you, one day it will open the door that you need to unlock the most.”

Suddenly I got an idea. I unclasped the necklace and held the key in my shaky hand. Slowly, I tried the key; it fit. I turned it and heard a ‘click’. I let out a sigh of relief. The fact that he had given me a key made me believe that he wanted me to come here.

I opened the door and stepped inside. The apartment was a nice one. There was a little kitchen area and the living room had windows that overlooked the city. I glanced around, the place was empty. I saw a familiar bag on the kitchen counter. It was definitely his. I saw the only door in the place closed. It probably led to the bedroom and he was sleeping.

I didn’t want to wake him up so I just went to stand at the window, looking out at the view. I was deep in reverie when a musical voice interrupted me.

“Sungmin?”

 

A short update, but an update none the less! These last chapters were better, so I feel the quality makes up for the quantity. Anyway, there are only going to be two chapters after this one! This story is very short, but its just some cute fluff before I attack my bigger challenge. Anyway, hope you like it and as always drop a comment!!