A New Arrival

A Little Pink Book
Dear Diary,
Today we are getting a new member. I am absolutely TERRIFIED at how this will turn out. How will the fans react? More importantly, how will we react? We had only been together for like 6 months, and now they were adding a new member. I knew this was how the group was supposed to work; out with the old and in with the new, but I didn’t like it. We had gotten really close after our debut, finally figuring out a balance that comes with living in a dorm with 11 other guys, now we were being thrown another ball to juggle and I didn’t know if we could catch it. Oh well, I guess we don’t have much of a choice but to accept him.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We were all sitting in the living room, nobody was talking and we were all staring at the show on the TV, even though none of us were paying attention, myself included. There was one thing on all of our minds:
 
Cho Kyuhyun.
 
It was the name of the guy that would be joining us sometime that day. We were all letting our minds wander, wondering what he would be like. I’ll admit I was nervous, I was never much of a fan of change, and this change terrified me.
 
Suddenly there was a knock at the door, and all 12 of us turned our heads in unison to stare at it, although none of us moved. After another knock Leeteuk got up and went to answer it. He opened it and revealed our manager and an attractive young boy who looked like he was about to vomit.
 
“Annyoenghaseyo, chonun Kyuhyunyeyo.” He said formally in a nervous voice. (A/N Korean for “Hello, I am Kyuhyun.” I know that the Romanization is most likely wrong, I just can’t type in Hangul on my computer and I don’t use Romanization as I learn Korean.)
 
I couldn’t help myself, I stared at him. No, stare would be understatement, I was GAWKING. I had never seen anyone so beautiful in my entire life. His eyes were these huge brown orbs that looked like they could light me on fire with just one glance. He had this cute little nose and then these lips that were beyond perfection. When he spoke he had a voice that was like chocolaty velvet, so soothing and musical. I could only imagine what it sounded like when he sang.
 
I shook my head vigorously to clear the thought and then turned my attention to the TV again while the rest of the members got up to greet him. I felt like I was being rude, but I couldn’t bring myself to go and greet him, something was stopping me, and I didn’t know what.
 
“Hey, Sungmin! Why don’t you come over here and introduce yourself, stop being so rude!!” Leeteuk commanded of me and I knew I couldn’t refuse; he was using his leader voice, the one where you knew he meant business.
 
I stood and slowly made my way over to where the others were standing.
“Hi, I’m Sungmin.” I said and extended my hand to him.
He took it, but instead of just shaking it he pulled me into an awkward hug. This sent my heart beating wildly, and I quickly pulled away. What the heck was happening? How could one person have this much effect on me?

 
“Sungmin, Kyuhyun is going to be rooming with you since you and I are the only ones without a roommate, and I am not sharing!” Heechul exclaimed, whining like the princess that he is. I had no choice but to obey, you don’t mess with Heechul when he tells you to do something.
 
Instead of complaining I simply picked up one of his bags and started heading down the hall, motioning him to follow me. I went into my room that I would now be sharing with Kyuhyun and threw his bag on the empty bed next to mine. He was only a few seconds behind me and did the same with the rest of his bags.
 
“There is room in the closet for your clothes, and those drawers are empty. Bathroom is down the hall to the right, knock before you go in though, or Yesung might have an unpleasant surprise for you.” I told him and pulled out my Ipod, putting only one headphone in incase he needed me.
 
He didn’t say anything, but simply nodded in response and started putting his clothes into drawers. I focused on my Ipod, where I was playing a game and listening to music.
 
“Woah, you really like pink don’t you?” He suddenly said and I looked up to see him staring at the closet, which was indeed full of pink.
 
“Yes, is that a problem?” I asked him without even looking up.
 
“No, I’ve just never met a guy who loved pink this much before.” He stated simply and then started loading the rest of his clothes into the closet.
 
Instead of answering I just gave him a grunt in response and kept playing my game. The next half hour or so was spent with him unpacking and me playing my game. Every now and again I would steal glances at him. Well, they were actually long stares, but still!
It was during one of these stares that Shindong game into our room, interrupting my staring and his unpacking.

 
“Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk wants you guys to come out here.” Shindong said and then glared at me.
 
“Araso.” Kyuhyun said and then headed out of the room while I hesitated as Shindong was still staring at me.
 
“What’s wrong hyung? Do I have something on my face?” I asked, self consciously checking myself in the mirror.
 
“No, but you were staring at Kyuhyun.” He said with a evil smirk.
 
“I was not!” I exclaimed in self defense.
 
“Were too.” He taunted.
 
Instead of answering I let out a “humph” and stormed out of the room, closely followed by a chuckling Shindong. I went into the living room where I saw the rest of the guys sitting around. I took a spot on the floor, far away from Kyuhyun.
 
“Alright, now that everybody is here we can start. Kyuhyun, since you are new and don’t really know anything about us, we thought we would introduce ourselves and tell you a little about ourselves.” Leeteuk said and Kyuhyun just nodded in understanding.
 
“We’ll go oldest to youngest, so I guess I’ll start. I’m Leeteuk, the oldest and therefore the leader. I host the radio SUKIRA with Eunhyuk over there.” He said and pointed across the room to the monkey, who was clearly messing with Donghae and not paying attention.
 
“I’m Kim Heechul, I may act like the princess, but you don’t want to mess with me. This is Heebum, he is mine, so hands off!” He said and held Heebum close to him.
 
“Hi, I’m Hangeng. I’m Chinese, so if you can’t understand my Korean I’m sorry.” He said with an apologetic look. His Korean really wasn’t that terrible, I don’t know what he was always complaining about.
 
“I’m Yesung, I may appear quiet onstage, but I’m really not. I have a couple turtles, if they get out please just bring them back.” Yesung explained and I heard a chuckle beside me, and looked to see Ryewook snickering.
“Yesungie, why do you always worry about your turtles? They are fine, nobody here is going to hurt them.” Ryewook said to his friend and I heard Heechul snort. Heechul would indeed hurt them, in fact, if he found one in his room we would probably have turtle soup for dinner.

 
“I’m Kangin, Korea’s #1 Handsome Guy, that’s all you need to know!” He said and Leeteuk, who was sitting next to him smacked his head.
 
“Hey! What was that for!?” He asked while rubbing his head, like Leeteuk would actually hurt him.
 
“Being so stupid.” Leeteuk said and rolled his eyes.
 
“I’m sorry Teukie, please forgive me.” He said and nuzzled his head into Leeteuk’s neck, the leader just grunted in response.
 
“I’m Shindong, I’m the goofy one!” He said with a dorky grin.
 
“I’m Sungmin, but you already knew that. I’m your roommate, and I love pink. I play the piano too.” I said while not looking at him, there was something about his eyes that made me feel all weird.
 
“I’m Lee Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk. My nickname is monkey…” He began but was interrupted.
 
“Hey! Only I am allowed to call you that!!” Donghae childishly shouted while poking Eunhyuk’s cheek playful. Oh those two.
 
“Ok, so you can’t call me monkey, because this fish over here will kill you. I’m the best dancer…” He said and then Shindong glared at him “Next to Shindong-hyung of course, and one of the main rappers.” He said, finally finishing despite all of the interruptions.
 
“I’m Donghae, this is my monkey,” he said while continuing to poke Eunhyuk who was just blushing like crazy, “I’m the childish one. I like to dance, and I love Hyukie!” He said and wrapped his arms around the blushing boy next to him.
 
“Would you two please stop it, save it for fan service.” Yesung taunted from the other side of the room and an embarrassed Eunhyuk wiggled out of Donghae’s embrace.
 
“I’m Siwon. I tend to be overly religious, so sorry if that bothers you.” He said being upfront about his religion problem. No really, it was a problem, he was always trying to convert the other members.
 
“Oh hush up Simba, and leave the poor boy alone.” Heechul said, trying to save Kyuhyun from the preaching he would receive at one point or another.
 
“I’m Ryewook, and pretty much the only one here who can cook, aside from Hangeng and his Beijing fried rice!” He said with a dorky little grin.
 
“I’m Kibum, I like music, but I am really into acting.” He said shyly.
 
“Well, that’s everybody then. They should be nice, if they aren’t just tell me and I will find a way to punish them.” Leeteuk said teasingly.
 
“Hey, we don’t know anything about Kyuhyun!” Ryewook said, wanting to include everybody in our little introduction.
 
“This is true, why don’t you tell us something about yourself.” Leeteuk said, turning the attention to our newest member.
 
“Well, my name is Cho Kyuhyun and I like to sing and play the piano. I’m not a very good dancer. I really like video games.”  He said with an embarrassed look on his face.
 
“You should sing something for us!” Yesung suggested and the other members quickly backed up his request, the poor boy had no choice but to accept.
 
He cleared his throat and then began singing. I didn’t recognize the song, but it didn’t matter, his voice was possibly the most amazing thing I had ever heard. It was silky smooth, a voice that could lull anybody to sleep. I found my eyes closing and my ears focusing in on that wonderful sound. It was like the rest of the world was drifting away, going into an oblivion that I didn’t care about, as long as I had that voice. 
I didn’t realize that he had stopped singing until Siwon called out my name.

 
“Sungmin, what are you doing?” He asked me and I slowly opened my eyes, coming back to reality.
 
“I-I guess I’m just tired, I think I’ll go to bed.” I said, hesitating at first and then getting up and heading to my room.
 
I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes, thinking of that voice. It was so beyond addicting, I wanted to hear it again, I couldn’t help it. I soon heard the door open and close, I knew it was Kyuhyun coming in to go to bed. I just lay there in silence as I heard him change and then crawl into bed. I thought he had fallen asleep, until I heard his voice softly call out to me.
 
“Sungmin, I’m sorry if I was putting you to sleep earlier.” He said and I heard him turn in his bed so that he faced me, I did the same.
 
“It wasn’t that, your voice, it’s just; very beautiful.” I said and felt my face get hot. I was glad that it was dark and he couldn’t see me.
 
“Oh, well, um, thanks then. Goodnight hyung.” He said ending our conversation.
 
I sighed as he rolled over, turning his back to me. I let my eyes wander over the distorted silhouette. He had not only a beautiful face, but a nearly perfect body. His shoulders were broad, but not too broad, and he had these long legs. I wondered if he had abs. Wait, what was I thinking? I shouldn’t be thinking these things about my new band mate, he was a guy after all!! I shook my head and then closed my eyes, only to find that his face came into my mind. I didn’t know why I was feeling this way, nobody had affected me this way before.
I decided to just ignore it, hoping that it would go away. But I was wrong;
IT DIDN’T.