Stolen Away

Behind the Scenes

“No.” I tell Nichkhun firmly, asking me to skip a full day after I took a half day off last week. How could he think I’d even consider it?! I left early with him to see Wooyoung, and I’ll admit I’m glad he did, but still. Maybe I don’t know I’m trying to fight something else. I can’t deny that I have feelings for him. I just don’t want to get hurt by setting myself up for something that I know won’t last and will have thousands of rules or seem like it.

Nichkhun promptly rolls his eyes at me. “No? I’m asking you to take one day off; you’re entitled to one day off according to Mr. Park thinks so, the other interns think so.”

“This is a competition to get an interning spot. There is one week left.” I remind him as I attempt to enter the studio doors, but a certain good (looking) friend of mine is blocking the entrance. “Nichkhun there are four slots and still six of us, two of us will be dropped.”

“One day, not even a whole day if you’re so opposed to spending time with me.” He says pouting at me.

Shocked I stare at him, narrowing my eyes I step back; I’m feeling a very unsure and rather alerting something in my gut, something I think Auntie Mae has been hinting at. “That’s low and dirty, even for you.” I tell him standing up straight.

“I’m only asking you out on a date Mabel.” He says casually. “I think we’ve spent enough time together that it would be appropriate.”

Nichkhun grins at me cheekily, stepping forward he plucks my camera from my hand. “That camera you are holding it worth over two thousand dollars!” I yell at Nichkhun handling my baby carelessly, his eyes slightly bulged as I said that, he looks at the item in his hands. “Yeah, so be careful.” So maybe I was avoiding answering, and trying in vain to fight off a blush, after all the man is a prince of sorts. He didn’t get the nickname Thai Prince for nothing.

Nichkhun looks at it, smiles at me and raises the camera to his face, “Say cheese!” He says happily. Pouting I stare into the camera, this is a change for me, I’m on the other side of the lens. “Oh come on and smile.”

“Will you give me my camera back after?” I ask him placing my hands on my hips; Nichkhun snaps another picture, “Well?”

“No, but it’ll help you get it back if you do.” He says lowing it for a moment, sighing I smile at Nichkhun, a real smile because his antics are actually cute, they are making me happy to be honest. “See you have a beautiful smile.” He coos lowering my baby, carefully he places my camera in its case again and stows it in his own car.

“Will it get damaged?” I ask him urgently s he closes the door, I press my face against the door window, “Will it get ruined?!” I franticly try to open the door, no success and I slightly swear in English at my own stupidity; not just for trying but for being foolish enough to let Nichkhun handle such a delicate machine, but also for getting caught up in his damn near perfect eyes. Ok so maybe they are perfect, but still…

“You know it won’t kill you for the day if you just let it go.” He says calmly flashing the keys in my face before putting those in his pocket. “So what do you say?”

Growling in frustration I look at the ground, I’d love to go on a date with Nichkhun, not just because he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also outrageously funny, charming, and most of all sweet. “If I go on the date will you then give me my camera back?” I ask him calmly, with him nodding his head I let out a sigh. “I think that can be arranged.” Stuffing my hands in my pockets I let out a sigh which quickly turns into a smile. “One date”

“Oh I don’t know. You never know you may end up begging for another.” Nichkhun teases me, holding his hand out he grins.

Biting my lip and against the little voice in my head I take his hand. “I think it’ll be the other way around.” I tell him feeling my heart skyrocketing as his large hand engulfs my own. “Anyways what do you have planned for today?”

Smiling at me Nichkhun tugs me to his car, the one with my locked camera. “Well I’d like to take you to get some proper breakfast then maybe have some summer fun.” The mischievous glint in his eyes is rather attractive, but sending another alarm off in my head.

 

Sitting at the counter of 2PM’s dorm I can’t hide my excitement as Nichkhun makes me breakfast. “So you cook too?” I ask him curiously as he adds eggs to the mixture in a bowl of vegetable, of my choice. “Do you realize how good you are?”

Laughing he sends me one of his sparkling smiles. “I try.” Scoffing I turn my attention away from him looking at the movie collection on a shelf. “We don’t have too much time to just sit and watch movies, but you should look and see if you see anything you want to watch.”

Glancing back at him I hesitantly get up and cross the span of the small but efficient kitchen, sizeable living room to the shelf sitting against a wall lined with DVDs. I see the typical guy movies, action movies, most without a real plot, comedies, some tasteless ones, and the occasional classic, cartoon and such. I smile coming across a horror movie.

“You like horror movies?” Nichkhun asks from over my shoulder, two plates in his hands with our omelets on them. “Wouldn’t have pegged you as one.”

“Oh god no.” I tell him placing the movie back. “I can’t get through one, but Korean cinema is the basis for horror movies. This one was one of my parents’ favorites.” I tell him running my fingers lightly over the other movies that they have. “Sorry we can eat at the table.” I tell him realizing I’m getting a little too absorbed in their small collection.

“No you’re fine. Honestly it’s cute when you get the far off movie look.” Nichkhun says smiling at me before heading to the table. “Anyways how do you feel about water?”

“As in swimming?” I ask him curiously taking a seat next to him, I’m not really sure how to proceed; I mean I may have dated some guys, but this is different. Nichkhun actually knows me. I talk to him tell him personal stuff; he’s the closest friend that I have right now.

“Yeah, do you like to swim?” Chuckling I nod my head, “Well then we will make a trip to a very nice pool.”

“Oh?” I ask him curiously. “Should I be worried about my safety?”

Smirking at me as we eat Nichkhun shakes his head. “No, a private pool. You’ll be fine.” He lightly my hand before taking our finished plates. “Let’s get a move on.”

 

At the pool I awkwardly walk out in swimming suit under t-shirt I slip into the shallow end where Nichkhun is waiting in swimming trunks and a shirt on as well. “You ok?” He asks full of concern. “Mabel?”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “It’s a nice pool.” I murmur walking closer to the deeper end before I submerge myself and swim to the other end with ease. “Nice to see you.” I say seeing him swim over to me.

“You’re good.” He says bobbing in the water in front of me. “Film major with a swimming gene?”

Chuckling I shake my head. “My science class for my senior year I did a movie for my final project on marine life.”

“Ah, you must have spent a lot of time there at the beach then.” Nodding my head he grins at me. “Do you use movies for everything?”

Shaking my head I poke his shoulder lightly. “Honestly I haven’t been so unconcerned about capturing things since…well this is the first time.” I tell him taking a deep breath. “It makes me nervous.”

“Bad nervous?” He asks cautiously, shaking my head he grins at me. “If you get the internship what will happen?”

Shrugging my shoulders I pull myself out of the pool to simply dangle my legs in the water. “I’ll probably get really busy. Mr. Park will undoubtedly send us to work on several shows through each and every single step with a mentor before we’re left to our own devices.” Normally that would be exciting news, but now with all the time I’ve spent with Nichkhun it sounds…dull. I have so much fun going out and just spending time with Nichkhun. “You know you’re awfully amazing.” I tell him kicking my legs back and forth.

“Oh do you think so?” He asks lifting himself out of the pool, taking a seat next to me, our bodies so close I can feel the warmth from his body radiating off of him. “I hope you don’t think less of yourself, because you know I’ve never met someone so talented and passionate about something as you are about film.”

Grinning at him I shrug my shoulders modestly. “Thank you.” I mumble blushing. “Do we get to spend all day at this lovely pool?” I ask him contently.

“Nope, I have a few other things planned, even more if you take the whole day off, just so you know Mabel.” He says nonchalantly as he slips back into the pool pulling me with him. Surprised I’m unable to stop myself as I fall into his arms. “Come on we need to meet our lunch reservations.” He says grinning at me.

Laughing I swim with Nichkhun splashing as we slowly make our way to the other side of the pool.

 

Sitting in front of a smiling Nichkhun his hair still a little damp from our fun at the pool, but even though he’s slightly less pristine Nichkhun manages to look as though he just came from some kind of photo shoot. “You booked an entire café for us to have lunch together?” I ask him glancing around at the very same café where I’d had a late night snack with him and Wooyoung.

“Well yeah. Privacy.” Nichkhun says like it wasn’t hard to come up with such a simple reason, like our little date is totally worth all the trouble he’s gone through.

“Oh so then I should definitely be worried right?” I ask him jokingly. “I’ll have to pay attention too.”

“That’s right, no spacing out.” Nichkhun says laughing, “I don’t know if I’d be able to resist trying to scare you.” He gloats happily.

Pouting I scrunch my face up. “Don’t. I’ll scream bloody murder. No joke.” I say with a playful smile. “What about you. I feel like you know everything pretty much possible to know about me.”

Shrugging his shoulders leaning closer to me he says “Really I don’t know what to tell you. I’m sure you know more about me than you think.”

“Right. Girls with something they are insanely passionate about boarding obsessive. Oh taking items to get a date?” I ask him poking his arm. “I’m serious. Tell me about you.” I tell him smiling. “I don’t even care if it’s something everyone that knows you should know.” I tell him firmly.

“I do like girls who have a passion,” He confirms pleasantly, “Red is a really great color.”

Chuckling I smile as he just tells me little things about him, then him insisting I do the same as we eat. Eventually though I lose complete track of time, Nichkhun and I end up sitting in the little café talking and talking for hours as they reopen the café to their other patrons.

“We better get you back home; Mae must be worried about you.” Nichkhun says getting up as a comfortable silence comes to an end. “And then I can take you on the last part of our date.” Nichkhun teases me offering his hand.

Accepting it I smile again, his hand holding mine is nice, walking quietly we make it to his car and the drive to the apartment without anything happening, even to the door. Here Nichkhun gives me a light kiss on my lips. “Before I lose face in front of Mae.” He mumbles as I open the door, no doubt a dream like smile on my face.

“What’d you do all…” Mae says coming into the living room as Nichkhun and I enter. “Stole her away for the day?”

“I hope you don’t mind. I just wanted to let you know I’ll try to bring Mabel back before dawn.” He says rubbing the back of his head. “If that’s alright.”

“She’s old enough to make her own choices.” Auntie says with an almost knowing smile. “Just take care of her” She says turning around but before we can leave she turns around. “But Nichkhun you better take good care of her; Mabel keep your head on.” She warns me before waving us off.

 


 

 

The first chapter where something happens, I'm not sure if I moved to this part too fast, but
here we are. 
I'm sorry about taking almost a month to get this out. I just started school, so I'm still
trying to figure an updating schedule out. I should have one worked out soon.
Anyways let me know what you think!
<3 Comment.