Oh the Promises

Behind the Scenes

“You have a meeting for the day after tomorrow,” Nichkhun says watching me with a smile on his face. “And you’ve finished editing?” He asks with excitement creeping into his voice with every word leaving his lips.

Nodding my head I smile at my now excited boyfriend for whatever reason. “I have, it’s like I just told you.” I tell him laughing. “I finished editing so I scheduled a meeting with Jinyoung-sshi, and he told me the day after tomorrow, so do you mind telling me why you’re making that face?”

“Because until 9:15 on the day of the meeting I am stealing you away for us to go out.” Nichkhun says more than pleased with his idea. “We’re going to pack some clothes and just go on a short trip and have some fun seeing as you’ll be leaving soon and I’ll be on tour. We have got to make the most of the time.” Nichkhun says getting up. “Come on you have to pack.”

I couldn’t say no to his reasoning I mean a trip with Nichkhun to just be together and have some fun? Who in their right mind would turn this down? “Well seeing as that makes sense we better get a move on it.” I say grabbing his hand. “Though seeing as we’re here at the dorm I think you should pack first.”

Nichkhun taps his nose. “Good idea Mabel.” He says kissing my temple. “Let’s go!” He says with some gusto. “We can go to the beach, shopping, oh and go the zoo!” He says just buzzing with energy.

“I like the sound of this trip already.” I coo tapping his shoulder, pecking his lips as he faces me. “It’ll be perfect.” I say taking a seat on his bed.

“What will be?” Chansung asks looking up from his laptop. “Hyung?”

Nichkhun just smiles at him as he pulls out a bag. “Mabel and I are taking a short vacation before we both are busy for the next year, well this meeting for the documentary.” Nichkhun explains. “It’ll be a chance for me to really woo her.” He says winking at me.

“Your last big hoorah before you go back to America.” Chansung asks pouting slightly. “It feels like you just got here.” He says laughing lightly. “Have you talked to Minjae?”

Nichkhun shakes his head; well their manager might like to be let in the loop on this little escapade. “Will you finish packing for me while I go explain to Minjae?” Nichkhun asks me turning around.

Tilting my head I smile at him. “For a kiss.” I tell him sitting contently on his bed.

“It is a deal.” Nichkhun says walking over to me, he leans down closer to me before he presses his lips against mine, It’s slow at first before he deeps the kiss, briefly. Pulling away we glance at Chansung awkwardly looking at his computer. “Sorry Chansung, I couldn’t resist. It isn’t every day you get a deal like that.” Nichkhun says pulling me off his bed.

Leaving the room I smile apologetically at Chansung. “Sorry” I mumble blushing as I pack a couple shirts, pants, boxers, and his wallet, looking at Chansung to ask if I’m missing anything he’s pointing to a drawer.

“Swimming trunks, if you’re going a trip he’ll want to go swimming.” Chansung says smiling. “And don’t worry about it. I’m glad he’s happy with you.” Packing a swimsuit and sandals and sneakers and socks to be on the safe side I glance back at Chansung. “Mabel he’s a good guy…So don’t hurt him.” Chansung says quietly watching me. “Nichkhun likes you a lot and he has for a while.”

Smiling at Chansung I nod my head. “I wouldn’t dream of it.” I promise Chansung, they’re all so protective of each other; it’s really a special bond.

“Ready?” Nichkhun asks coming back into the room. “We’ll have to keep a low profile, not that I was thinking of doing anything that would draw too much attention.” Nichkhun says laughing happily. “Anyways we better get you back so you can tell Mae the plan and we can head out.” Nichkhun says checking to make sure I grabbed everything before adding deodorant, his cologne, toothbrush and such before he zips his bag up.

“Bye Mabel, see you at the big unveiling.” Chansung says excitedly. “We can’t wait to see your master skills.”

Nodding my head I wave to him as Nichkhun tugs me along, obviously the others heard as they tell us to behave and to have a lot of fun before the viewing of my movie.

Auntie Mae and Uncle Hoon were more than happy with the trip, something about me getting out of my editing room, and away from everything that makes me on edge. While packing Nichkhun went through some of the pictures on my camera.

“I like this one you have of Wooyoung on stage, it’s a great shot.” He says thoughtfully, he pauses before he says something more. “Do you share your pictures with anyone?”

Shaking my head I smile at Nichkhun. “Not the ones like that. They’re more personal, I have plenty of memory cards full of stuff that I won’t sell or show to my professors. I mean I do take pictures and sell some, but that’s more by commission.” I tell him shrugging my shoulders as I pack my bathing suit. “Why do you ask?”

“Just curious, so the ones you took of us the day we first met unofficially?” Nichkhun questions me with a smile. “Do you have them still?”

Laughing I nod my head. “Of course, those shots I got of the six of you are actually some of my favorite. You’re all so casual and happy in them.” I say walking over to my laptop. “Do you want to look at them?” I ask him.

“I would.” He says moving over to stand next to me, typing in my password to my computer, then another for my folders I glance at Nichkhun looking at me surprised. “They’re protected?”

Nodding my head I move to the folder called ‘Goofballs’. “I don’t like to take the chance of anyone taking anything that they’re not supposed to take.” I explain shortly.

“I feel like there is a story there.” Nichkhun says innocently. Sighing I quietly pack the remainder of my clothes for our little vacation. “Mabel?”

Looking up at Nichkhun I nod my head. “Sorry, did you say something?” I ask him zipping my bag.

“I asked if something happened, you’re upset now.” He says full of concern.

Smiling at him, well I try to. “It’s one of the actors I dated before; he stole some of my pictures and tried to pass them off as his own.” I tell him shaking my head. “But it’s nothing.” I reassure Khun.

“Would it be out of line to ask for a few of the shots you have of us? I’d like to get some framed, particularly the one you took of us while Junsu was telling a story, and then the one of you and I together in the practice room.” Nichkhun says gently.

Laughing I nod my head. “When we get back I can send you the pictures.”

 

~~~

 

Nichkhun is driving us out of the city and towards a little town near the beach. “So tonight I was thinking since it’s pretty nice out we could go for a walk or just stay in and talk.” Nichkhun says glancing at me.

“That sounds really nice.” I say leaning against the window. “It’ll be nice to relax.” I say as I roll my shoulders to loosen up some.

“Yeah and if you’re really lucky I can give you a back rub.” Nichkhun teases me.

Chuckling I glance at Nichkhun. “That sounds more like something for you than me.” I say watching Nichkhun, who can be quite sly.

 

The rest of the car drive for the day is of Nichkhun and me joking around and laughing. Nothing could be more perfect. It’s like all the things that could possibly have happened to me this is the best thing. Coming to Korea and just snapping random pictures of random strangers. I’m not quite sure what I would have done if I hadn’t met Nichkhun. So much has happened to me these last few months that have made everything worth every single second.

 

“Mabel, can I ask you something?” Khun asks me holding me against his chest while we rest in a hotel. Nodding my head I wait for Nichkhun to ask me whatever is on his mind. “How much do I mean to you, in all seriousness.”

I smile to myself, rubbing his arms I try to think of a way to say it in words without sounding like I’m completely insane. “Nichkhun you mean a lot to me, without you I wouldn’t have known what it would be like to actually live. As crazy as it sounds I had worked it so I was literally on the outside of so much. I can’t tell you how fortunate I am that I met you.” I conclude quietly, a bit cliché, but honest.

“You have to promise me something.” Nichkhun says after a few moments. “You have to promise to come back.”

I turn around to face Nichkhun. “Of course. I’ll be back.”

 

~~~

 

The funny thing about promises like that are, Nichkhun and I never said when I would be back, we never said what we would do once I leave, once he was on tour, we never really discussed anything more than a few promises made on a whim in little room near the beach, so close you could smell the salt, you could hear the waves gently washing up on shore. That night had been perfect, Nichkhun and I stayed up late talking. The vacation had been perfect. Our little get away had been just what we needed, a few moments alone to confirm our feelings without anyone or anything getting in the way. So when we got back to the city, in time for the meeting I found myself not completely a nervous wreck.

 

I was still nervous though, but just enough that I was just biting my lip as my final plays across the screen in one of JYPE’s conference rooms with only a handful of people watching what I’ve spent months creating. I watch intently trying to spot errors or something wrong with it.

 

Truthfully I can’t, and I’m not completely afraid of why I can’t. Sure I can’t spot anything wrong with my documentary and normally I could have found something to change, to fix or that I could have done differently, but I think it’s actually nice. Watching all the moments I’ve spent with 2PM play not just for me or 2PM, but for everyone in the room to see really dose bring a smile to my face. They’re laughing, smiling, oohing along with it. Of course I don’t have all the good times they’ve shared, but also the hard times. It’s all there, my most precious memories and I think this is what Professor Crown has been trying to get through to me, I find something that I don’t want to perfect with my skill I’ve learned, I want to prefect the way of capturing those precious few moments.

 

As the lights are turned back on Jinyoung-sshi turns to look at me, a grin on his face; a good sign right? “Mabel you’re very talented. This was great!” He compliments me graciously.

“Thank you, I’m glad you think so.” I tell him bowing respectfully. “I’m really grateful to you and 2PM for allowing me to film.” I say thanking them. Professor Crown will be happy with this. Something I love so fiercely and I want to share.

After a few minutes of everyone commenting on what they really liked about it and everything and a bit critiquing everyone files out of the room with Jinyoung-sshi calling me to follow him to his office.

 

Nervously I fidget in my seat across from Jinyoung in his office. “You know someone of your talent is hard to see go.” He says calmly. “Are you sure?” He asks me carefully.

Nodding my head I smile at him. “I’m thankful for the offer but I really need to finish school before I decide where I’ll be.” I explain to him holding my hands on my lap. “I just really think I need to finish school first.”

Smiling at me he leans back in his chair. “Well, be assured there will be a position open when you finish.”

Nodding my head I grin at Jinyoung-sshi. “I’ll be ready then with new techniques and everything by then.” I assure him. “Thank you again for everything.”

 

~~~

 

Having to say goodbye was strange, I felt like Nichkhun and I were forgetting something. “Here, a present for when you come back.” Nichkhun says kissing my lips lightly. “Don’t forget to call when you land.”

Laughing I nod my head, as I carefully unwrap the gift I see a ring, a little leaf top saying ‘Live Simply and Love’. Looking up at Nichkhun I hug him tightly. “I’ll call; it’ll only be a year.” I mumble more for me in his ear.

“It won’t even feel like a year.” Nichkhun says smiling at me. “You better hurry or you’ll miss your flight.” He says half-heartedly. “Mabel I’ll miss you.”

I nod my head. “I’ll miss you too. It’ll be weird; one of us won’t be following the other around.” I say jokingly as I let go of Nichkhun. “Bye.”

“Bye.” He mumbles holding my head slowly he lets go and we kiss for the last time as I leave their dorm.

 

Arriving back in Santa Barbra, I call Nichkhun and we talk briefly, he has to go to practice. As much as I hate to admit it, but our good bye felt more final than either of us are willing to admit.

 

 


 

So I'm thinking the next chapter will be the last and it'll just tie everything together.
This little story in my mindset has always been a ficlet.
I wanted to write something sweet and short, Nichkhun
happen to be my muse. That and I wanted to do two different sides of Nichkhun.
I like the Nichkhun that is understanding and nice, but then I'm really intrigued by the
rough Nichkhun, he gets jealous, he can be forceful while being the nice Nichkhun.
I couldn't really portray both sides in one fic fairly to me so I started
Behind the scenes to satisfy this need.
That and I couldn't wait to write stuff for Nichkhun > n >
I love Jay and everything, but I want some stuff for Nichkhun.
And PLEASE do hope for a happy ending, it'll be happy. I promise ; u ;

ANYWAYS....
Yeah, input? c: