Promises, Waiting and Passion

Behind the Scenes

Classes are long, boring, and just more over not as exciting. So yes you could describe them quite easily as dull. Everything here seems to be so much less than it was before. I used to have some good times here, meet people, boys, friends anyone. Now though it’s as though it is all just some mundane chore. Santa Barbra seems to have changed, or the more accurate thing, or rather who, has changed would be me.

Ever since I got back everything doesn’t seem like enough, or it’s taking too long. I never noticed that before. Sure my college life hasn’t changed much from the year before. My professors are happy I’m back, they’re proud of my thesis, as am I, but I just…I can’t get back soon enough.
I’m running though lectures and everything like I know it all, I’m passing through everything like I’ve done it before and it isn’t as exciting and invigorating as it was before the five months I spent in Korea. Maybe it’s the lifestyle I miss or the food, but I happen to think it’s the people, in particular a certain someone.

I’ve only been back for a few weeks and I already feel like I’m never going to get back. Like I’m never going to see Nichkhun again and that hurts, no. That breaks my heart a little every time I think that.

“How are your classes” Nichkhun asks me while I edit, some video for an assignment. “I’m not distracting you am I?”

Chuckling I smile to myself. “They’re boring, and Khun you know you couldn’t. I mean I had you next to me in Mr. Park’s editing room for weeks.” I tell him fondly, it was nice to have him right there, right next to me.
“That was fun; I got to stare at you for hours.” He says sincerely. “Mabel what are you editing right now?” He asks quietly.

“Just some footage for a short movie,” I mumble quietly. “What are you doing?” I ask Nichkhun while I let go of my mouse.

“I’m sneaking in a call to you.” Nichkhun says laughing. “Jinyoung-sshi apparently wasn’t aware of us dating until a while ago. Though I don’t think he really minds, I can’t wait till I get to see you again.” Nichkhun says contently. “Why’d you stop editing?”

“I just want to talk, is that wrong?” I ask him chuckling a bit sadly, Nichkhun chuckles a ‘no’. “Khun, where are you right now?” I ask him quietly. “Describe it to me.” I mumble closing my eyes.

I can hear the smile in his voice, I can hear what’s around him, people, lots of people, some cars maybe, music, but that’s about all I can make out. “I’m in Busan right now, in a little café sitting outside, it’s quite nice considering it’s nearly fall. People are bustling around, some are holding hand and I’m quite jealous” He says chuckling somewhat bitterly. “There is music playing in some of the shops, though I think you can hear it, I’m sitting in a table towards the corner, the view is quite nice, the colors, sounds, Mabel I miss you.” He mumbles finally.

Opening my eyes I glance at my clock, 10PM meaning it’s about 3PM there. “I miss you too.” I say with maybe just a twinge of sadness. Ok, so I miss Nichkhun a lot more than I thought possible. “It’s a little strange isn’t it?”

“Not having someone you care so much for close by? Yes.” Nichkhun says with a sigh. “Mabel it’s hard.”

Biting my lip I nod my head as though he could see me. “I know.”

We’re quite for a little while until I hear Wooyoung telling him they have to get back. “I have to go, I’ll call you tomorrow, or do you have an exam?” He asks me slightly confused about my schedule.

“I do, maybe the day after?” I suggest quietly.

“I’ll call you before your exam then, it’s the ten o’clock one right?”

Laughing I smile at the picture I have framed of us on my deck. “It is, and you know you don’t have to remember my exam schedule.” I tell him laughing a bit.

Nichkhun chuckles as well. “Well you know it helps keep me calm. Besides if I didn’t you might actually forget it.” He says teasingly. “Mabel don’t stay up too late, I’ll call you in the morning.” Nichkhun says happily.

“Have a good day Khunnie.” I say ignoring his little forgetful comment because he’s probably right. “Miss you.”

“I miss you too Mabellie.”

 

~~~

 

Nichkhun and I had talked nearly every day or whenever we could sneak a call in. But it soon got to be too much, we had to talk less and make up for more and more in those talks that we had to squeeze in. Talking wasn’t enough and I couldn’t fly to see him on breaks nor could he to see me. Nichkhun and I were in a bit of a spot. It wasn’t easy trying to keep our relationship going like that, rumors were going around about Nichkhun with other female idols, all of which I ignored, I was having longer class hours to catch up. Everything suddenly seemed to be going against us.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I tell Nichkhun tired from my long class I had just got back from. “Besides I trust you. Or are you trying to tell me it’s true?” I ask him while I lay on my bed.

“It’s not. I just feel like you’re not trying as much for us.” Nichkhun says back haughtily. “Mabel it’s like you’re hardly talking to me now.”

“Maybe it’s because I’m in class nearly all day and then when I’m doing homework. Nichkhun I’m a university student in my final year, I have a lot to do.” I tell him trying to keep an even tone. “I want to talk to you, I want to have the time, but I can only do so much!” I tell him covering my eyes. Nichkhun doesn’t say anything for a while and it worries me. “Khun?”

“I’m sorry…Everything is just stressful right now. Do you need to go to sleep you sound tired?” Nichkhun says like he wasn’t just upset, though I feel like he still is, but I do need to go to sleep.

“I can stay up a bit longer.” I tell him biting back my anger. “Do you just want to talk?” I ask him after a while.

“You need to get some sleep; I can hear how tired you are. You sound like you did when you were up all night editing then woke up early to get some filming in.” Nichkhun says chuckling. “We can talk later, I don’t want to failing because of me.”

“Alright.” I mumble yawning only proving his point. “Goodnight.”

“Night.”

 

~~~

 

So Nichkhun and I were down to texts and even those weren’t very frequent. So as you can probably imagine he wasn’t very happy when I told him I would be taking more than a year, okay he was furious. I really couldn’t do anything about it though. I needed this opportunity; I mean I was offered an internship at Universal Pictures. How could I turn that down?

“What do you mean you won’t be back this year Mabel?” Nichkhun asks me seething, I can understand why; I mean we had started planning what we would do once I got back. “That’s what exactly what you told me last year.”

“Nichkhun I got an offer to intern at Universal Pictures, they’re one of the big six! How could I turn that down!? It’s a two year program and in those two years I’ll get to work on movies that are coming out!” I explain.

“I haven’t seen you in two years.” Nichkhun says, I can hear how tired he is of this, our breaks don’t coincide, and our lives are turning us to two very different paths. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too…”

The silence left between us is killing me, this isn’t exactly what I want to say over the phone, this isn’t exactly a conversation I want to have with someone I only had a five month relationship with and then two years long-distance, I want Nichkhun to understand that this opportunity isn’t something I can give up without regretting. I want to be with Nichkhun, I do.

“You know what, just accept the internship, go ahead and do it.” Nichkhun says exasperated. “Mabel, I’m not going to be waiting around. I can’t, and I’m sure you wouldn’t expect me to. So go ahead and go to Universal Pictures or whatever.” It burned in my mind those words, his anger and just how much I hurt him by choosing an internship, but now it was too late.

 

~~~

 

There was no goodbye, no call me back, come to Korea when you’re done or if you change your mind. It was final. At least it seemed final.

So I went to the internship, I left and I didn’t call or text Nichkhun the entire two years, or the year after. It was like that brief time I spent in Seoul hadn’t happened. We’d moved on and there wasn’t anything more to add on to it than a too bad.

 

“What’s this?” Gaby asks holding up one of my many hard drives that I have stored over the years. “It’s ‘Seoul 2012’.  Wasn’t that the year you spent in Korea?” She asks flipping the drive around like it’d hold up more answers.

Staring at it I shake my head as I pluck it from her fingers. “Yeah, this is probably all the pictures and video footage I took while I was there.” I tell her smiling, though I have to admit any time I began thinking about that summer it always brought a smile to my face.

“Can we look at it? You know as your best friend I should get to see that summer you apparently went all crazy.” She says nudging me. “Come on you know you want to see what you took years ago.”

Rolling my eyes I head over to my computer and hook it in, seeing the password prompt come on screen I stare at it a moment before I remember the password, ‘Behind The Scenes’, my thesis prompt and well so much more.

Gaby and I scroll through the pictures, at first it’s the ones I took while I had been on my way to Auntie Mae’s work, and then eventually to when I was just snapping pictures at the Park’s Studio, as six certain faces pop on screen, some of my best shots, just so much comes back.

“Mabel you ok?” Gaby asks me suddenly as I begin searching the drive for a video, a particular one. When I find the one of me with Nichkhun, him swearing to protect me, then of me dancing with them at the party for Wooyoung’s celebratory debut solo stage, and of course everything after I couldn’t believe how much time had passed.

“I’m fine, I just…It’s been a long time since I’ve even though about them.” I explain with a smile on my face, “A lot happened that summer.”

I couldn’t tell Gaby anymore, I just didn’t want to explain how I chose my career over Nichkhun, how I could even consider letting something like film ruin what we had. I had let go of so much because I’d gotten on the outside again.

So the only logical thing to do would of course be to call JYPE and see if they need anyone with my expertise in film and media.

 

~~~

 

So maybe it took me more than a year to get back, maybe we stopped talking, and maybe I have no idea why I’m actually back here in Seoul, and to be specific 2PM’s practice room. I mean in all seriousness what right do I have to be back here? Nichkhun and I both decided that we couldn’t do a long distance thing so we just left our last goodbye as well goodbye.

Biting my lip I look down at my skinny jeans and pastel pink ballet flats, I’m rocking back on my heels, so I am beyond nervous, but I pulled a couple strings to say a quick ‘hello’. It seemed like a good idea at the time, that you know I am working for JYPE in the Promo department (So I do know why I’m here just not outside 2PM’s practice room). I look back down at my camera, I worked so hard these last five years, I wanted to be sure I was ready when I returned, no mistakes, nothing wrong, that and I know I was scared. I was beyond terrified of Nichkhun and I, what we have, had, could have been, the what ifs, I was scared of it all.

So I suppose the only thing to do is raise my camera and open the door and do what I normally do, hope for the best.

As I open the door and enter I flash some pictures of the very familiar group who is luckily standing dressed, and ready to leave. Their reactions are typical, surprised, confused to realization.

“Mabel? Is that you?” Nichkhun asks stepping forward, lowing my camera I smile at him as I flash a couple more shots.

“I kept my promise, I’m sorry it took so long.” I tell him as I let my camera down on the strap and as I push my hair back. “I know I’m a few years too late.” I tell him as my arms come to rest at my sides.

Nichkhun laughs at me before slipping my camera off and handing it to one of the other guys. “I told you I would wait.” Wrapping his arms around me he kisses my forehead. “God you can be so stubborn.”

All I could do was hug him; I mean it’d been years and somewhere along the way you know I suppose I’d fallen in love years and years ago with Nichkhun. “You said you wouldn’t.” I mumble into his shoulder.

Nichkhun of course laughs; it’s the same laugh I remember. “I was mad when I said that. Mabel, you promised to come back, I promised to wait. It’s what people do when they want to be with that other person, even if  that person gets blinded by their passion.”

 


 

Alright, so we have the ending~!
Maybe not quite what you were expecting...
The whole goal of this chapter was to a  walk through of Mabel's life and how much had changed
not just for her, but Nichkhun as well.
At the same time it shows that Mabel wasn't really realizing how much
control she was really giving to film and whatnot.
This chapter does little snapshots of Mabel's life after she leaves Korea
and how she slowly just falls back into how she was
versus who she had became with Nichkhun.

AND

Thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting, it means a lot to me that 
you've spent your time reading my stories.
<3

 

~~~

So guys I need a bit of help, I'm looking for fanfics to read.
I've looked around and I haven't found too many I want to read, most of the ones I am reading haven't been updated or are discontinued/hiatus.
Maybe you guys could suggest some stuff?
I'm looking for Yoseob, GiKwang, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Sunggyu, Myungsoo (L), or Jonghyun from SHINee, BUT
I don't like reading , or pairings with girl group members, I'm not really a shipper (I know I'm crazy @-@),
Like I don't really want anything with like Sulli and Jonghyun or Wooyoung and IU or with 'You' Inserts/username inserts.
< n <
> n >
I like stories with 'Said Idol' and an 'Original Character'. > u <
So if you know
any really amazing fics that the writing is amazing (grammar, storyline, ect.) let me know?
Maybe we can start sharing or something.
I don't know, but maybe help me out?
>(o    3    o)>

Hell you can even suggest someone I didn't list, I just want something REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, good to read.
; n ;
Do an author a solid?
/puppydogeyes/