All The Talks

Behind the Scenes

Basically shooting has become a total nightmare, well only today. Okay maybe not the shooting so much as the editing. Nothing to do with the guys, they were great, their fans were awesome. The nightmare-ish part is that the film that I have is basically (completely) useless. All of it, gone. I mean I have bits and pieces all completely useless, so it was wasted, completely and totally wasted.

“You have got to be freaking kidding me!” I scream at my computer, yes I know how I sound and I do not care. I lost some great stuff all because of some minor mishap with transferring it. My computer deleted it, as in I cannot get it back. On the verge of swearing I spin around when I hear a chuckle. “YOU!” I yell completely at a loss for words.

“Are you ok? I heard you yelling and I thought I should check on you, Mae says it’s unusual for you to scream like that.” Wooyoung says smiling at me. “Mabel?”

Sighing I wave him in shutting my laptop. “I lost my footage from today. I was making copies like I normally do when my computer flips out and wipes the disc. Though I should be happy it’s just the disc.” I grumble unhappily. “Anyways what’s up?” I ask him deciding to forget about my current crisis for the time being.

Wooyoung smiles at me. “I just wanted to talk to you, director, but if you’re too distraught I’ll take you for a midnight snack and drink.” He offers shrugging his shoulders. “You look like you could use a break.”

Nodding my I agree quickly. “I could” I say getting up to stretch. “Anyways what are you doing here so late?” I ask him yawning.

“I just needed to get out of the dorm and get away, and well when I’m with you it’s easier.” Wooyoung says simply. “That and I wanted to hang out with you.”

Chuckling I nod my head, walking to the door we slip our shoes on and head out, Wooyoung is pretty great; saving me like that. “Any place in particular for this snack?” I ask him casually.

“There is this café I’ve wanted to try.” He says happily.

For the most part I only really know Khunnie considering how much time I’ve spent with him. The other members I’m close with and I’m friends I just don’t know them like I do a certain Thai Prince. “So tell me how’s the solo life treating you?” I ask him curiously about his album. “It must be different from promoting with the others.” I say happily.

Wooyoung shrugs his shoulders. “I like it, I mean it’s a lot of fun to show people what I can do without 2PM, but I really like performing with the guys more.” Wooyoung shoves me lightly. “Let’s not make this feel like work for either of us.” He whines, ah I suppose my mind is still in movie mode. “Anyways Khun says that he had dinner with you, Mae and her husband.”

Nodding my head I smile at him happily. “Uncle Hoon had to convince him to stay, but it was wonderful. I wish we could do that with my parents. God they’d be so surprised.” I say laughing happily. Wooyoung gives me a confused look. “I haven’t exactly stayed the same since I’ve arrived in Korea. I used to be attached to a camera, now though since I’ve met you guys and Nichkhun’s insistence I don’t have one on me 24/7.” I explain simply.

Wooyoung chuckles. “I can picture you as a kid, camera in hands running around snapping pictures left and right.” Nodding my head I confirm his suspicions. “Honestly at first it was weird that you were just snapping pictures of us all the time, then slowly you just didn’t have a camera with you. Now it’s weird that you don’t have one.”

“To be honest it’s a bit of a relief.” I say honestly. “Before I just felt this great pressure to record everything important to me, now it’s a bit like I don’t have to have a physical or even digital copy. Just having the memories is good enough.” It’s a bit strange to be saying it aloud, but Wooyoung is easy to talk to. “What about you? Have you always been the dedicated dancer?” I .

Wooyoung rolls his eyes. “Since I was born” He says smirking. “Really though once I discovered the way dancing makes me feel and singing, I haven’t been able to give it up. It’s like this drive just keeps me going and I can’t let it go. I don’t want to.” Wooyoung says smiling happily leading the way to this café.

“Right up here.” He says pointing to a street with cafés, little tea shops and family owned shops. “What?”

Smiling I point to a shop selling trinkets and such “It’s just a cozy little street.” I tell him stopping him to look at a shop. “They’re all open, is this some kind of late night district?” I ask Wooyoung curiously as he pokes through some of the merchandise.

“Yeah, well kind of.” Wooyoung says chuckling at some toy he’s found. “A lot of shops like this open late for the younger crowd that comes by now, students just getting out from studying and whatnot.” Wooyoung explains, “At least we had a few store owners like that in Busan.”

Nodding my head thoughtfully I glance at a leather bracelet, simple and stylish. Picking it up I hand it to the store owner. The leather bracelet is a simple brown strap with a button hooking it together; it has some impressions of stars, various sizes and types. Quickly purchasing it I smile at Wooyoung who is smirking at me. “What? I can’t shop?” Shaking his head he points for us to go, quickly catching up with Wooyoung I smile at him. “Don’t tell him. I want it to be a surprise.” I tell him happily.

Laughing Woo agrees. “I wouldn’t dream of it. It suits Khunnie, you have quite the eye.”

“Thanks, so are we close to this café?” I ask him hearing my stomach growl in protest, my good eyes be damned, and I’m hungry.

Pointing over to a small tea shop Wooyoung smiles at me, “This is the place, I think you’ll like it.”

After our late night snack Wooyoung drops me off, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I tell him smiling. “Last day of filming” I remind Woo.

“It’s really the last day? It doesn’t feel like it, it’s going to be weird not to be stalked by cameras.” He jokes giving me a hug. “Get your rest.” He says before turning around to head back to the dorm I assume.

 

 

~~~

 

Editing the footage again I smile, not from the satisfaction of how my movie is coming along, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy about it, just not as happy as I am watching my close friends having a good time. Taecyeon and Junsu, the jokers, were trying to pull a prank on Chansung, but I guess Chansung is very observant to the duo or expectant, needless to say he walks away ignoring their pleas for him to go with them to the ‘studio’. I have tons of footage like this with various results for the pair.

Though it’s not just them who joke around, it’s all of them, jokes, pranks, challenges, to them just screwing around after a hard day’s work. Cutting a clip I smile happily as I replay it again, smoother now. It isn’t so choppy, it doesn’t look like there are two cameras filming, a better transition.

“Knock, knock” I hear Auntie Mae call before she steps into my makeshift studio. “I thought you had filming to do.” She says cocking her head to the side.

Shaking my head I smile at her. “I finished last week, right now I’m editing and going through everything that I have. You know making it smoother, adding the effects and whatnot.” I explain shrugging my shoulders as I spin around, my laptop closed, to face her. “Why?”

Shaking her head she takes a seat on my bed. “It just seems strange I suppose.” She says sighing. “You only started filming what seems like last week, now you’re finished.” She reaches over to squeeze my leg affectionately.

“It’s been a couple months now Auntie.” I say smiling happily, though I know what it means to be nearly done, to be nearing the end.

“What happens next?” She must have sensed my mood change, Auntie Mae looks concerned.

Biting my lip I smile at her, I glance down at my lap. “Well after editing is the private showing to 2PM, Jiyoung-sshi, and his team, and then I’m not sure yet.” I mumble quietly. Glancing up at her I smile. “I’ll get it sorted.”

“Mabel, sweetie, you know you’re welcomed to stay here.” She says happily. “Hoon and I will even help you find an apartment.”

Shaking my head I take her hand and squeeze it. “Auntie, you and Uncle Hoon have done so much for me, letting me stay and even putting up with my crazy screaming at my computer on occasion. I couldn’t ask you to do that.” I tell her moving to take a seat next to her. “I mean I’ve stayed months longer than I had planned already.”

Auntie Mae pushes my hair back. “Honey we love having you, it isn’t an imposition if that’s what you think. Well anyways I just wanted to know how far ahead you are in planning since you’re getting close to the end now I assume.”

Nodding my head I rest it on her shoulder. “Auntie I’m not sure, I still have to finish my last year, and then of course my thesis isn’t even done when I hand it over. I’ll still have to make a few changes when I show my professor.” I whisper nervously. Glancing at my desk I catch a glimpse of a bracelet, one I hadn’t managed to give to Nichkhun yet. “I don’t want to go, but I know I’ll need to go back soon regardless.”

She smiles at me. “This wouldn’t happen to also deal with a certain boy, would it?” She asks knowingly. Nodding my head I look at my auntie, the way she moves to the side of my head and runs her fingers through my hair, much like my mother. “Nichkhun is a good person. You just need to talk it out.”

 

~~~

 

Nichkhun and I face each other on his bed, sitting crossed-legged. “So what’s going on Mabel?” Khun asks tilting his head to the side in that cute way that he does.

Biting my lip I pull a small package out of my purse and hand it to Nichkhun, watching his face carefully as he slowly begins to unwrap it. “It’s a small gift.” I tell him quietly.

Glancing up at me Nichkhun smiles like I’d given him the key to world peace, stopping he leans forward to kiss me gently. “An early thank you.” He says as he continues to unwrap the box. Carefully he pulls the bracelet out that I’d bought with Wooyoungie.

“I saw it when I was hanging out with Wooyoung, I just thought of you.” I whisper as he slips it on his wrist. “Do you like it?”  I ask as he silently inspects it.

“I love it,” Khun says brightly. “I’m even happier you think of me when I’m not around you.” He beams even happier, it seems impossible and I’m not sure how, but I’ve grown so attached to Nichkhun. “You wanted to talk about something, right?” He asks moving to sit next to me. “Mabel you sound really serious on the phone.” He murmurs wrapping an arm around me.

Leaning into him I let out a sigh. “It’s about the future, about us.” The worse fall out and follows a silence, by this point I’ve lost any kind of idea of what I should say, I mean this is real life. I’m not in a movie, there aren’t cameras, there isn’t a script and there isn’t a director for how this will all happen.

“You’re finishing editing right?” He asks me quietly, with a short nod Nichkhun lets out a sigh. He’s asked me before what the end of my movie means, the answer not exactly pleasing. “How much longer?”

Looking up at my boyfriend, my talented, loving, generous and overall amazing boyfriend, and probably my closest friend I smile at him. “Another day or so. I’m doing the final touches, and then I’ve scheduled a showing for Jinyoung, he’ll probably ask you guys to sit in.” I mumble resting my head back on his shoulder. “I just…I want to know what it means for us.” I clarify my reasons for this conversation.

“You’ll have to go back to America.” He mumbles unhappily. “We’ll be touring soon, not to forget out comeback.” He grumbles.

And so is the problem, how we leave, continue, or do anything for now. “It’ll take at least a year for me to finish my degree.”

“Then? Will you be able to get work here?” Nichkhun pushes. “I’ll wait, I don’t care about that.” He says as I bit my lip. I forget how well he knows me.

“Then I’ll look for work here after I graduate.” I decide feeling a bit apprehensive about all this uncertainty. 

 


 

 

 

I'm not too sure about this chapter to be honest. I skip around a lot
And we're almost to the end. I have one or two more chapters I think and
we'll be and the concluding chapter.
I already have the next chapter or so written out. I'll be editing it for the most part.
I'll save my ending notes for the last chapter, so you guys don't get all...
'The is this girl talking about? Crazy ranty author.'
So let me know what you think!

Comment?
<3

OH. I'd also like to apologize for my long absence.
I know I haven't kept to any kind of schedule, and believe me it is killing me a little.
I'm trying to be better about updates, but I'm just so...
tired, and honestly I feel a little run down.
Anyways, as a heads up for my other stories,
I may be taking a short hiatus from here to
focus on other things for a bit.
We shall see though.