The Truth

She's Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s bad for her. He’s bad for her.” Taeyeon repeated over and over again, speaking to no one in particular.

“Obviously.” Kibum fumed from his spot on the sofa. “What is that son of a doing to her?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. Even the very calm and collected Kibum often forgot about being the serene one when it came to Sooyoung’s boyfriend. “I’ll tell you what he’s doing. He’s alienating her. He’s pulling her away from all of us and everyone else who cares about Soo.”

“So what are we supposed to do?” Sunny massaged her temples in frustration. “We tried talking to her but it’s like she built some sort of barrier between herself and the rest of the world. Talking to Dong Sun oppa won’t work because we all know that that conversation won’t go well without anyone getting hurt.”

“Something’s wrong. That much is obvious. We can’t just let this continue.” Being the eldest among his friends, Leeteuk spoke with authority.

Seohyun frowned heavily at the thought of the unnie who had been taking care of her all these years. “Soo unnie...” She whispered under her breath. “What’s happening?”

                As if on cue, the sound of the doorbell echoed throughout the house. A silent atmosphere reigned in the living room; each person undoubtedly thinking of the tall brunette who felt like a stranger to them now. Eunhyuk got up from the couch to answer the door, only after exchanging a questioning look with Hyoyeon. They didn’t know that they were supposed to expect another visitor.

“Soo – Oh god. What the happened?!”

                The urgent, shocked and seething tone got everyone up on their feet; the group at large rushing towards the front door. They all came into a screeching halt when they caught sight of the woman standing outside; their jaws dropping in shock and fury. Eunhyuk moved out of the way, giving all his friends a better view. Sooyoung stood before the people she had unwillingly pushed away with tears streaming down her face. A bruise was soon beginning to stain her flawless cheeks and her lip was bust open; blood gushing out. The girls gasped in unison; some of them had their hands flying to their face to cover their mouths. Donghae was the first to snap out of his shock, instinctively rushing over to where Sooyoung stood and wrapping her protectively in his arms. Sooyoung sobbed against his chest, shaking in his strong arms as everyone else huddled around them.

Now they had their answers.

Dong Sun was hurting Sooyoung.

The sound of a door opening echoed throughout the room, snapping Donghae out of the unwanted memories flooding his mind.

                He looked up from the floor of Sooyoung’s bedroom, which he had been staring at absently ever since he sat on her bed to wait for her to clean up. After all the fiasco that had happened in the club, everyone had retreated back to the leggy brunette’s home; Donghae pointedly telling his friends to give the shaken woman a chance to collect herself. Those said friends were currently waiting in her living room and Donghae knew that they were all a mess down there. But as far as he was concerned, they needed to wait regardless of how long it took. Sooyoung and her well-being always came first.

The brown haired man was soon on his feet when Sooyoung stepped out of the bathroom, clad in a more comfortable set of clothes. “How are you?”

“I feel okay.” She replied but they both knew that he could see past her calm façade.

“They’re all waiting.” Donghae felt that he didn’t need to elaborate.

The leggy brunette nodded; anxiety coloring her features. “Is it time to tell them?”

He walked over to where she stood, stopping when he was in front of her. Taking her hand in his, he smiled reassuringly. He knew that everyone else wouldn’t appreciate it if they kept the secret any longer. “It’s time to tell them.”

Her eyes locked with his and in an instant, it felt like he was looking into her soul. “I’m scared, oppa.”

“I’ll be right here.” Donghae smiled.

“Always?”

“Always.”

                Leeteuk and Siwon were soon off their seats as they all caught sight of Donghae and Sooyoung descending the stairs. Ever since the incident happened earlier that night, it was more than obvious that there was something more than bothered Sooyoung… s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter