A Reminder of The Past

She's Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A part of Sooyoung couldn’t believe that she actually was having fun.

                Despite all her fears and apprehensions of going for a night out in the midst of all the chaos of her life, she found herself feeling more and more carefree each minute that passed by. It was an added bonus that the DJ was playing songs from years back for every two songs, making the club goers sing along with the songs they hadn’t heard in quite a while. It was a feel good feeling and she missed that. Sooyoung could honestly say that she was enjoying herself – that she was being more like the Sooyoung everyone around her knew. A smile made its way to her lips as she danced and sang along to Flo Rida’s Sugar. Tiffany was dancing and singing along as well behind her while Yoona swayed to the music in front of her. 

“This is fun.” Taeyeon giggled happily from her place in between Sunny and Hyoyeon; Seohyun opting to stay back in the booth with the guys, content to just engage in a conversation with Kyuhyun.

                The girls all nodded in agreement as the beat and rhythm of the song seemed to make their bodies sway along with it to their own accord. Sooyoung could feel Tiffany wrap an arm around her waist while Yoona turned so that she faced them. Wrapping an arm of her own loosely around her dongsaeng’s neck, Sooyoung laughed as they continued to dance to the beat of the music. Maybe it was the alcohol that was helping them let loose – no one really cared at this point.

“Are we really just going to sit here?” Eunhyuk asked no one in particular as he watched his girlfriend dance with Sunny and Taeyeon.

Kibum opened his mouth to answer when the girls on the dance floor suddenly formed a circle and danced as a group. “I don’t know about you but the dance floor looks very inviting.”

                Not really bothering to wait for a reply, he got up from his seat and left the booth. Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Siwon had just gotten to their feet when Kibum managed to whisk Yoona away from the circle of dancing ladies; the trio soon hitting the dance floor to dance with Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Tiffany respectively.

“Aren’t you going to dance?”

The unexpected question brought Donghae back to Earth. “Huh?”

Sungmin rolled his eyes, nodding towards the packed dance floor. “Aren’t you going to dance?”

“I could ask you the same thing, hyung. I think Sunny’s waiting for you.” He rolled his eyes back at the older man. “I don’t think it’d look good if I dance there on my own.”

“You could ask Sooyoung unnie to dance with you.” Seohyun suggested innocently, causing Kyuhyun to smirk beside her. Back on the dance floor, Sooyoung and Sunny laughed as they danced together; the only two apparently without male dance partners.

Donghae prayed to the heavens that he was showing no signs of blushing. “What?”

“Oh, come on, hyung.” Kyuhyun made a face, slinging an arm around Seohyun’s shoulders. “What’s possibly so hard about asking her to dance? You two are getting really close lately.”

The older man bit his tongue, refraining himself from saying anything he wasn’t supposed to say. If they only knew. “She’s already doing okay out there.”

“But when I dance with Sunny, she’s going to be left all alone.” Without giving the slightly younger man the chance to talk, Sungmin yanked him off his seat. “I don’t think it’d look good if she dances there on her own.”

                Seohyun and Kyuhyun grinned triumphantly as Sungmin led the way to where Sunny and Sooyoung were on the dance floor; Donghae following after a moment or two of hesitation. The last few seconds of Sugar were blasting through the speakers and everyone in the club knew that the song after that would be an older song. As soon as Donghae’s attention was fixed solely on Sooyoung, it seemed like all his hesitations disappeared at the relaxed and happy look on her face.

“Hey.” Sungmin smiled as he appeared beside Sunny, sending a questioning look towards the taller brunette. “Can I borrow Sunny for a while?”

“You don’t need to ask, oppa.” Really, she could use a few minutes off her feet. “I’ll head back to the booth and watch over the purses.”

He gently gripped her wrist when she made a move to leave, nodding towards where Donghae stood a few feet behind him. “He’s going to need a partner.”

                Sooyoung’s eyes locked with his own and for a moment, hesitation flashed across Donghae’s. But it was gone soon enough for her to think that she was just merely imagining things. She soon found herself biting her lower lip nervously as he finally began walking towards her; a soft smile on his face. From their respective places on the dance floor, Siwon and Leeteuk exchanged a look but chose not to comment just yet.

“Hey.” Donghae greeted her as soon as he was close enough; Atomic Kitten’s Be With You beginning to blast through the speakers.

“I like this song!” She squealed excitedly as her ears picked up the familiar tune.

The dark haired man looked genuinely surprised as he stepped closer to her. He knew her to be a girl who preferred the slow, sentimental songs above anything else. “I didn’t know that.”

“Well, you learn a thing or two every day.” Sooyoung winked.

“When it comes to you, I don’t mind.”

                His words successfully made her blush crimson as she stared at the person who had become her security blanket for the past few days – the only person who knew her secret and the gravity of it. Before she could react to his statement – she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to do anything to begin with – she felt a strong arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. The smile that appeared on his lips made her relax and she wrapped her arms around his neck and the pair began to dance to the beat of the early-2000s song.

You and I
Two of a kind
A meeting of minds
The time of our lives

The perfect night
Out of sight
As I look in your eyes
Never felt so right

                Sooyoung could feel the space between them shrinking slowly and she could honestly say that she didn’t care. She really was enjoying herself and considering that both she and Donghae were naturally good dancers, it seemed like they were effortlessly going along with the song. A part of her mind acknowledged the truth in the song they were dancing to. She was looking at his eyes and it damn felt right. There was no denying that Donghae was very, very attractive… and there was no denying that there was an attraction between them. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter