Next Step

She's Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It was an hour or so before lunch when everyone found themselves in the police station to file a case on Dong Sun. That in itself was easier said than done especially when an officer had to ask for an official statement from Kyuhyun, Yoona, Kibum, Seohyun, Donghae and Sooyoung. Given the first four fared a lot better when they retold last night’s events but Sooyoung had immediately started crying and shaking in fear when it was her turn. Donghae didn’t fare much better, nearly smacking the officer square on the jaw when Sooyoung began crying harder. When all was said and done and the case had been filed, Siwon led the way out of the station, still grumbling about the events of earlier in the morning.

“Oppa, behave.” Tiffany elbowed him not so kindly in the ribs; the couple standing off to the side as everyone filed out of the door. “Sooyoung and Donghae oppa love each other. Why is it so surprising to that they did it? I don’t see Leeteuk oppa making a fuss about it.”

“Actually, he threw a hissy fit in the car on the way here.” Heechul chimed in as he joined the pair. “Siwon, I know you love Sooyoung like she’s your little sister but she really is bound to grow up and have with the guy she loves.”

“Oppa, you aren’t helping!” Tiffany made a face when Siwon looked like he was going to faint. “But Siwon oppa, Heechul oppa is right… so it up and deal with it.”

Siwon rolled his eyes but said nothing, moving away to where Sooyoung stood wrapped in Sunny and Seohyun’s comforting hold. “Do you feel better?”

“Yeah…” Sooyoung nodded gingerly. “Where’s Donghae oppa?”

“He’s still inside, signing a few papers with Kibum oppa.” Sunny ran a hand up and down the younger woman’s back to keep her calm.

“He’ll be out soon, unnie. Don’t worry.” Seohyun added in reassurance.

“I honestly thought that he was going to charge you with attempted assault.” Kibum shot Donghae a pointed look as they finally came out of the station.

He snorted. “I’ll charge him for harassment first. I get that he needs to ask questions but he was being a total douchebag when he interviewed her a while ago.”

“Oppa!” Sooyoung moved from her friends’ grasp and into Donghae’s arms. “Is it done already?”

The brown haired man wrapped his arms tightly around her. “Yeah. The case is official and the police will start hunting for him and bring him back to prison.”

“For good?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“No parole?” Eunhyuk elaborated.

Kibum nodded solemnly from his place beside Yoona. “For good.”

Yoona let out a sigh of relief. “Thank god.”

“They shouldn’t have given him parole the first time.” Hyoyeon pointed out. “I mean, was he an angel in the prison for him to be set free on good conduct?”

“Bull.” Leeteuk coughed into his hand. “Heaven knows how much that bastard deserves a best actor award.”

“Uh… guys?” Taeyeon gestured to their surroundings. “I don’t think it’s proper to have this kind of discussion out here on the street, blocking a police station’s entrance.”

“How about we meet up in our house in the afternoon?” Kibum suggested, waiting until Yoona had nodded her approval before he could continue. “We could all watch movies, eat some popcorn, fire up the grill and all.”

A look of apprehension crossed Sungmin’s face as he shot a concerned look at Sooyoung. “Is it okay with you, Soo? Or do you want to rest first?”

“I… I think I need a distraction.” She spoke after a moment’s pause. “We all do.”

“That’s settled then.” Donghae nodded his agreement; his eyes soon meeting with Kibum’s. “We’ll meet at your place at around 2?”

                With everyone either nodding or voicing out their agreement, the group separated and headed back to their respective homes; sans Leeteuk and Taeyeon who were dropping Heechul off in his house before heading home. Sooyoung had spoken the truth. They were all in need of a distraction. Maybe some needed it more than the rest but the necessity was there. They all knew within themselves that the danger wasn’t over despite the official police case. It was probably the start of even worse things. But that was the reality they all needed and wanted to forget. For now, danger could wait.

o-o-o-o-o

“You’ve got a bull’s-eye on your back.”

“What do you mean?”

“There’s an arrest warrant with your name on it… No pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter