What lies within

Out of Gayness and Reputation

Taemin looks nervous. He keeps looking around the cafeteria, trying to catch Jinki's figure. This morning, his hyung had rejected his offer to drive him to school, claiming that he wanted sometimes alone. Taemin couldn't say a word to that excuse, as he understood how shocked his hyung would be. Hell, he is still in shock, after he found out about all of those information before.

"Yo, Taem.. Where's Jinki hyung? I looked around for him but I can't find him..."

Taemin rolls his eyes as Minho's wailing, yes wailing, and pouting (Taemin gags on this) as if it is the end of the world. Taemin immediately busies himself with his phone, trying to find a way to avoid his friend. But as he opens his instagram, he couldn't believe his eyes. It seems that his misery wouldn't just end by avoiding Minho's wailing.

There it is, on his screen, a new upload just come up in his instagram, a face of pouting Minho, with 'missing his lovely honey bunny' written under it. He looks up at his friend.

"Why do I even friend you on instagram?"

Minho looks at Taemin.

"Give me my bunny~"

Taemin just face-palm himself on his friend's antics.

 

--------------------------------

 

After the traumatic event in the cafeteria (yes, it's traumatic to the point he is so sure he'll have a pouting frog haunting his dream), Taemin decides to ditch Minho to be miserable by himself on the cafeteria, and begins his mission to find Jinki. He tries to look to the library, the student council room, rabbit cage behind the school, basketball court, Jinki's favorite tree, but Taemin couldn't find him. He tries to call Jinki's phone but he isn't answering. Taemin gets so worried and decides to ditch his classes and go to Jinki's house.

Two hours later, after he manages to dodge a frustrated Minho, his teachers, and Kai, his dance buddy who keeps bugging him to finish their newest routine, he manages to sneak out to the back school. But as he is ready to jump over the wall, someone just comes up from the opposite wall. Taemin's body goes rigid seeing the person who just jumps over the wall.

"Ups.."

"Jonghyun."

The new comer immediately looks up hearing his name being called.

"Taemin.."

There's a tensed air between them. Jonghyun keeps fidgeting on his spot, trying to avoid Taemin's stare. While Taemin, he tries to say something, yet he doesn't know what to say. Jonghyun breaks the silent by coughing before he walks away from that place, walking in hurry manner as if trying to disappear from that place as fast as he can.

Taemin's eyes follow Jonghyun's figure that getting far, before finally disappear at the corner. He muses, trying to ask himself, what is he trying to say to Jonghyun. About Jinki? About his dead sister?

He doesn't know what drives him to follow Jonghyun's figure. He doesn't even know why he starts to run to chase the older boy.

"Wha..."

Taemin immediately grabs Jonghyun's shoulder once he finally catches him. Jonghyun looks at Taemin with wary as the youngest one tries to regain his breath.

"We need to talk."

Jonghyun's left eye twitches hearing the younger one's demanding voice?

"Do we? I don't think it is necess..."

"I'm sorry!!!"

Jonghyun's taken aback hearing Taemin's words.

"I'm sorry for your lost. I should've said this before."

Taemin looks up at Jonghyun, eyes full of determination. Jonghyun can only open his mouth, without saying anything.

"But I'm not sorry for punching you, never. No one hurt Onew!! No one hurts my brothers!!!"

Jonghyun's stare gets harden with Onew's name being mentioned. Taemin looks as if he is challenging the olderone to say something, anything, as he is really dying to find out whether  Jonghyun knows about the truth behind his sister's accident.

But suddenly Jonghyun lets out a long sigh. A tired sigh.

"I was such an idiot for saying those words about him. I deserved your punch."

Jonghyun looks away from the other.

"Why are you here?"

Taemin curses his mouth for running so freely. He just couldn't help himself. And Jonghyun rises his eyebrows hearing Taemin's question, which is sounded with an accusation tone.

"If you think that I come here for Jinki, you're wrong. I'm trying to find out about my sister's death. I'm just as surprise as you when I knew Jinki is here too."

Taemin's eyes get bigger on Jonghyun's words. He gulps hardly.

"Why? Why now?"

Jonghyun looks at Taemin hesitantly, thinking whether he should tell the younger boy about his revelation from the detective who handles his sister's case.

"I just need to check about something."

Taemin bits his lips.

"Ohh... Okay..."

They pass a minute without word before suddenly breaks the silence.

"It doesn't mean I will allow you to get close to Onew hyung. You better stay away from hyung."

Taemin walks away once he finishes talking. In his mind, if think if Jonghyun's come back has anything to do with his sister's death, then it will danger his cousin, Eunhyuk. And somehow, it will not only lead Eunhyuk to danger, but also will hurt Jinki somehow.

As Taemin walks away, he misses Jonghyun's next words.

"I don't think I will be able to stay away from him. Not when my heart's beating so hard for him.."

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Taemin is caught up on his thought. He keeps replaying his meeting with Jonghyun, and all the possibility that could happen in the future, from the all happy ending one to the worst scenario. He cringes once a picture of Jinki's crying face as he watches Eunhyunk is taken by the police.

"No, that won't happen. It's not Eunhyuk hyung's fault!!! It's Junsu's!!!"

Taemin hears his name being called from afar only to find Minho is running toward him. He groans seeing his best friend's figure gets closer. He just couldn't get anymore pressured especially if he has to listen to any of Minho's wailing. It's funny, yes, but  he is just too tired and adding Onew's disappearance just puts more stress on Taemin. But as Minho comes closer, Taemin can see how his friend's face in pure horror, as if he just met a ghost.

"Hyung, what happen?"

"Onew hyung!!! Onew hyung is in the hospital!!! He is stabbed by a knife and.. And he is unconscious!!!"

"What!!!"

"Where the is your phone, damn it?! Eunhyuk's butler tries so many times to reach you but he couldn't!!!"

"Eunhyuk hyung's butler? But, why..."

"He said that Onew tried to stop Eunhyuk hyung from stabbing himself but accidentally the knife got Onew!!! What happen actually? Is it anything to do with what happened last night?! Tell me, Taemin!!!"

Taemin's mind goes blank when he hears Minho's answer and he immediately run to the parking lot, ignoring Minho's question. Minho curses seeing Taemin runs out and immediately follows him.

------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey y'll~

Another chapter from me..

a short one, but still an update, right??

Hope you like it..

 

Onew FTW!!! XD