Sir Tokki

Out of Gayness and Reputation

As if having their own thought, Jinki’s feet bring him to a place tha is not strange anymore. A place that held so much memories. A place where he thought he found his happiness and passed his rest time together with his beloved, Jonghyun’s old apartment. There is a big difference between this place that stand in front of him now with the one he had spent years ago. Now, it looks so intimidating, whether it is from its new design and more luxurious structure or just Jinki’s mind playing trick on him. But there’s one thing that don’t change, the park in front of the apartment. In that park, where he used to spend his leasure time with Jonghyun, listening him serenade some songs to him, sometimes singing along, or maybe just sitting side by side, basking the sun light and embracing the other presence. Jinki takes a stride to the bench, their used-to-be-favorite bench, and sits. He can’t control his mind that keeps wandering around, especially to last night’s event. Too much things happened in one night for Jinki’s head to handle. And now here there is, skipping school, avoiding, the world, Taemin, and Eunhyuk. Avoiding Minho and Jonghyun. He lets out a long desperate sigh, as last night memry comes rushing his mind once again.

 
Flashback:
 
“Jinki hyung...”
 
Jinki who was lost on his mind, looked up from his hands. Taemin and Jinki were now in Eunhyuk’s living room. They decided to spend the night there, afraid if Eunhyuk would once again freak out. Jinki could see how tired Taemin was. He looked pale. Just half hour ago he had gone to Eunhyuk’s room, to check on his cousin’s condition. But Taemin was now stood in front of him, some papers on his hands, he was shaking.
 
“What’s wrong, Taem? You look pale? What are those?”
 
Jinki stood up and went to Taemin’s side immediately.
 
“Hyung, what should we do? What should I do? I… Oh my God…”
 
Taemin’s body was shaking uncomfortably. Jinki panicked seeing his cousin’s condition. He immediately brought Taemin to sit on the sofa and took the documents from Taemin’s hand.
 
“Taemin, what’s wrong? What is t…”
 
JInki’s eyes went bigger as he read the documents. Those were doctor’s report for patient named Lee Hyukjae. A report about how the patient’s progress, the patient’s mental stability, everything that happened during the rehab, the dreams, the counseling, every single attempt of suicide the patient had tried, wait, what?
 
“Taemin, where did you find this?! What is this?!”
 
“I don’t, I don’t know hyung!! I just tried to find uncle’s number in his working room, and one of the cabinet seemed too off. It’s placed so hidden. And, and I was so curious and I found that.”
 
“This was the reason why Eunhyuk hyung had been missing for a long time? Rehab? But for what?”
 
Jinki looked down to the documents on his laps, trying to piece the puzzle back. There was a car crash involved, a mental breakdown, blood, and so many things that made Jinki’s head wanted to explode. Wait, Song Dam, Kim Song Dam. That was the victim’s name, and Kim Jonghyun, the brother of the victim. Kim Jonghyun? His Kim Jonghyun? What was this? Jinki’s looked up to Taemin.
 
“Do you know any of this?”
 
Taemin didn’t answer anything. He just sat there, looked so traumatized and shaking.
 
“TAEM!!! Do you know anything about this?!”
 
“I DON’T!!! I’m just as surprised as you, okay!!! Oh my God, how could this happen?”
 
“So what Jonghyun do with this?!”
 
Taemin bit his lips, before he answered back.
 
“You still didn’t know why Jonghyun was gone, do you hyung?”
 
JInki shakes his head.
 
“Hyung, the time when he was gone, was the same time as the Kim Song Dam accident happened.”
 
Jinki immediately caught the meaning of Taemin’s words and he immediately looked down, reread the files, about the accident. Jinki’s breath was hitched.
 
“Kim Songdam, is Jonghyun’s noona? So the one who hit her was…”
 
“Hyung!!! NO!!! The one who drove the car was Junsu hyung!!! Stop saying words as if the one who did this was Eunhyuk hyung!!! I won’t let you!!!”
 
Jinki brought his face to his palm, trying to block all of the information he just got. Suddenly a thought flashed on his mind.
 
“How did you know the reason of Jonghyun left? Answer me Lee Taemin.”
 
Taemin gulped. He looked down to his knees.
 
“Please answer me, Taemin. I deserve the answer. I deserve to know the reason of my sadness.”
 
Taemin hesitantly answered.
 
“I came to see him, two after he had gone. After seeing you broken down that time, I couldn’t stand it. I just had to see that bastard and demanded a good answer from him to leave my beloved cousin. The time I arrived there, there was a ceremony. A death ceremony. It was from his sister.”
 
“And you don’t think to tell me any of this? Why Taemin? Didn’t I deserve to know why he left me? Don’t you know how it was for me to accept the fact that he was not there for me anymore? Do you know how many times I tried to find a reason, one reason to be blamed on Jonghyun’s leave? I tried to blame myself so many times, thinking that I wasn’t good enough for him to stay. How could you hide this from me?!”
 
“Jink…”
 
“Don’t. just don’t say anything Taemin. I don’t know whether I could forgive you on this matter.”
 
Jinki scouted further from Taemin, trying to avoid Taemin’s reaching hand.
 
“I was trying to protect you, okay!!! You don’t know how hurtful, hatefull Jonghyun’s words about you!!! He didn’t deserve you, at all!!! He said that it’s okay for you to suffer, because he was suffering too!!! He said it’s okay because you have everything. He… He said that about my brother, Jinki, my beloved brother that I love so much, a brother that I cherish, a brother that I thought deserve all of the happiness in the world. I just…”
 
Taemin was now crying hysterically. He looked rejected, weak, and lonely sitting over there. Jinki’s heart clenched seeing his cousin like this. Taemin he knew was someone who was strong despite his appearance. Someone who would stand in front of his family as the first barrier every single problem appear, to protect them. Not this Taemin. Jinki scouted closer and hug him. He rubbed Taemin’s back, trying to calm him down.
 
“I just didn’t want you to hear that words, hyung. I knew how hard your life was back then. How your parents treated you, how hard your struggle was. That’s way I despised Jonghyun so much. And I know if I told you about the reason why Jonghyun left, you will come running to him, forgiving him for any reason, any words, any heart breaking he caused. I don’t want you to stoop so low like that, hyung…”
 
Jinki hugged Taemin’s tighter. He didn’t know what to do. He had so much words to say to Taemin. He wanted to say that he was capable of taking care of himself, that he didn’t need Taemin’s protection. But the words died down, seeing how broken Taemin was now.

Present Time:

"Excuse me Sir..."

Jinki's mind is interrupted by a young boy no older that 10 that standing in front of him. The boy looks so cute standing there all shy, peeking through his fringe. Jinki couldn't help to cooing the boy in front of him.

"Hello there... What can I help you?"

The boy bits his lips shyly, as he offers a handkerchief to him.

"Please don't cry. Uncle said that big boys don't cry."

Jinki only could blink his eyes. He can feel a slight dumps on his cheeks. Jinki lets out a long sigh before accepting the handkerchief.

"Thank you. What's your name, little boy?"

"Sohyun, Kim Sohyun."

The boy is smiling so wide as he says his name, a hint of pride can be heard from it. His smile is so infectious that makes Jinki smiles too. Suddenly the boy perks up, hearing his name called from afar. He turnes around and wave before he faces Jinki again. Jinki tries to catch the figure that called Sohyun's name, but his attention once again back to the boy in front of him.

"Sir Tokki, please don't be sad, okay!! Promise me.."

Sohyun offers his left pinky finger to Jinki as a grin blossoms on his face.  A warm wave suddenly attacks his heart. He links his pinky finger with the boy.

"Okay, little boy. This Tokki promises to not sad."

Sohyun beams hearing the promise. After that the boy turns around and runs away.

"Sohyunnie, your handkerch..."

The little boy doesn't seem to hear Jinki's voice as he takes a turn on a corner and vanishes from Jinki's sight. Jinki looks down at the handkerchief on his hands and smiles. The pattern of it is rabbits, just like Sohyun called him, Sir Tokki. Suddenly, his mood is not that bad anymore, not after he meets with the cute little boy named Kim Sohyun. He stands up and straightens himself. With a light heart he decides that it is the time to talk to both of his cousins. It's the time to face them both, especially Eunhyuk, and assures them that he is alright, and he is gratefull for having such a loving cousins.

---------------------------------------------------

"Psssssstt... Sohyunnie!!! Over here!!!"

The boy perks up at the familiar voice. He beams immediately when his eyes catch the hidden figure behind the corner.

"Uncle!!! Why are you hiding there?!?!"

The man signals the boy to be silent as he wave the boy to come closer. Sohyun immediately runs towards the man.

"Uncle, mission accomplished!!! Sir Tokki is not crying anymore!!! He promised me that he won't be sad anymore!!!"

The boys immediately chatters to the man in a hushed manners, as if afraid that anyone could hear his voice, as he acts like some detective he had seen on tv this morning. The man grins as he hears they boy's words.

"Good job  captain. Now let's go home. It's time for you to take a nap."

Sohyun pouts as he hears his uncle. He juts his lower lip and putting his glassy eyes. Damn, the man thinks, this little boy  ould be the death of him.

"But... You promised to buy me ice cream..."

With a heavy sigh, he gives up his hope that the boy would forgt his promise. It seems he has to say goodbye to his last dollar.

"Aaaahh.. Arrasso~ Let's go to the ice cream parlor first."


"Yay!!!"

The both of them walk hand in hands towards the nearest Ice cream shop. All the way there Sohyun couldn't stop talking about Sir Tokki and how cute the man is from close. And the man could help but smiles at every prizing words the little boy gives to Jinki.

---------------------------------

A/N:

Hi guys...


Yes, I'm alive and still breathing.
Still at writing story. But hey, I'm trying.
Anyone misses me?

So, writing block a lot.
I was like, literally ready to throw my handbook away everytime I opened a blank ms.word. Like really!!!

Can anyone guess who is the man at the end?? I'll give you cookies if you can~

Anyway, hope you like the update.


Onew FTW!!! XD