Things that hurt

Out of Gayness and Reputation

 

Morning comes too late for Minho’s taste. He is so eager to arrive at school, yet he is also feeling so nervous to meet a certain hyung, Jinki. Last night, he confessed his undying love to Jinki. But once again, before Jinki gave him any answer, something interrupted them.

Flashback:

“Jinki hyung, I know that this is only our second time being alone together. But as you know, I always look at you from afar. And I think I take enough time to waste. I don’t know why I can’t gather my courage to talk to you.”

“Minho...”

“Jinki hyung... Would you be my boyfriend?”

Surprised, Jinki looked at Minho disbelieved. It’s not that he didn’t know Minho’s feeling toward him. But he still had doubt in his heart, however fond of  found Minho was. In a part of his heart, he still scared to let anyone to come and stay there, especially now that Jonghyun was back in town.

“Minho...”

Suddenly Jinki’s phone was ringing and broke the silent between the two. If the situation was not that serious, Jinki might laughed at Minho’s startle when his phone rang. But he was not in a condition to laugh, especially not in this kind of condition.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taemin? What happen?”

“WHAT? How could that happen?”

“I’ll be there now!!!”

Minho looked at Jinki’s panic expression as he answered the phone.  He sensed something was wrong by hearing the short conversation. Jinki stole a glance toward Minho, troubled at the coming event that was so unpredictable.

“Minho yaah... Ummm...”

“What happen? Is there something wrong?”

“It’s Hyukkie hyung. I need to be there now.”

The two were silent once again. In one side, Jinki felt so sorry for Minho who had gathered his courage to confess to him, yet there was another more important thing that Jinki had to do at that moment. He even didn’t manage to give a proper answer. On the other hand, Minho felt so frustrated because he knew that he wouldn’t be able to hear the answer right now, but he understood that Jinki was so worried with his cousin. He was also worried too, as Eunhyuk was also his best friend.

“Minho yaah... I’m sorry...”

“I understand, hyung. Come on. I’ll take you there. Where are we going? Eunhyuk hyung’s house.”

“Yes...”

The ride there was so awkward. No one took the initiative to talk first. After ten minutes in silent, Jinki exhaled a long breath as he the radio. But the song that was playing made Minho chuckled awkwardly. It’s a song sung by Shinee with title Noona Neomu Yepo/ Replay.

“Well... This is awkward.”

Jinki finally said after he was taken aback by the song, which was so suitable with the situation. Before Jinki managed to change the channel, Minho stopped him.

“Let’s hear this song, hyung. I like it.”

“Uhh... Okay...”

Jinki was fidgeting on his seat the whole time the song was played. Minho stole glances on Jinki’s figure, trying to see his hyung respond on this song. A song about a younger person demands a replay of their confession from the older person. When the song ended, Jinki let  go his breath that without he realized, he hold. Minho chuckled openly at the cute action of his hyung. In his opinion, Jinki never failed to amaze him, in any kind of situation. The rest of the ride went rather awkward-less after Jinki decided to open a conversation with Minho.

When they arrived at Eunhyuk house, Taemin was standing outside the house, walking in circle as he bites his thumb. A bad habit of him when he felt so worry or confuse.

“Hyung!!! Minho? What are you doing?”

“I’ll tell you later Taem. Tell me what happen.”

It seemed that Eunhyuk had come home drunk. He had left the car and taken a taxi home, thanks God. But then he started to make a fuss on how he didn’t want to be touch and how he hates the fate for playing with him. At that time, Taemin was just dropped off of Eunhyuk house to play, only to find Eunhyuk screaming at the top of his lungs, refusing anyone to touch him. He locked himself inside his room and demanded to meet with Jinki. He refused to open the door until Jinki came. That was why Taemin had called Jinki. Jinki immediately went to the second floor and to Eunhyuk’s room.

“Hyung... Hyukkie hyung, it’s me, Jinki. Can you open the door for me?”

“Jinki? Is that you?”

“Yes hyung... It’s me... Don’t you want to meet me, hyung? Open the door for me, please...”

The door was opening slowly. Jinki stopped Taemin to come in with him when he stepped into the room.

Onew’s POV:

The room was so dark. I couldn’t see anything. As I stepped into the room, I closed the door. The next thing that I knew someone was hugging me tightly. It was Eunhyuk hyung. I could smell the alcohol from his breath. What happened exactly? As long as I knew, Eunhyuk hyung was not someone who would solve his problem with alcohol. I returned the gesture as I could feel the front of my shirt was getting wet. Eunhyuk hyung was crying. I brought us to his bed, and sit there. He was getting hysteric. I didn’t know what to do.

“I’m sorry, Jinki... I’m sorry...”

“Hyung, what are you sorry for? Tell me hyung?”

“I’m so sorry, Jinki. I really am...”

“What happened hyung? Please tell me...”

“I’m sorry Jinki. It was my entire fault. If only I tried harder to stop Junsu. I failed Jinki.”

“Hyung, what are you talking about?”

“If only Junsu listened to me that night, this all wouldn’t happen. I’m sorry Jinki...”

Eunhyuk hyung only repeated those sentences over and over again. And I didn’t even know what to do. The only thing that came to my mind was to calm him down. I comforted him as best as I could. I hated seeing my beloved brother in this kind of situation. It hurt me too.

Normal POV:

Taemin and Minho sat in the living room. Taemin kept stealing a glance at a certain room as Minho was lost in his thought.

“Sooo... Care to share why you’re with Jinki hyung? “

Minho was taken aback by Taemin’s question. He was troubled between telling Taemin about his confession or not. Taemin looked at Minho sternly, expecting a good answer from him. Despite his petite figure, Taemin had the meanest glare. And now, that glare was directed to Minho.

“We had some coffee.”

“Ohh...”

“And I confess...”

“Ohh... What?!”

Taemin blinked his lashes, looking at Minho as if his growth another head but this times it was an actual frog head. Minho tried his best to avoid Taemin’s eyes as he caught Jinki’s figure walking down the stair.

“Jinki hyung...”

“Minho? I thought you were home already.”

“I’m waiting for you... How’s Eunhyuk hyung?”

“Why are you waiting for Jinki hyung?”

Minho and Jinki looked at Taemin as Taemin eyeing Minho, threatening him.

“What’s your problem? I thought you’re okay with my feeling toward Jinki hyung.”

“Who said that I agree...”

“Okay guys, stop it... Minho, come on. I’ll take you to your car.”

Jinki dragged Minho out of the house to his car. As they arrived, Jinki intended to let go of Minho’s hand, only to find his hand being grabbed by the younger.

“Hyung...”

“Minho yaah... Can we talk about it later? I know I’m being unfair with you. But please, give me time?”

“Hyung, I won’t force you to answer my confession. Because to me, as long as I can be there for you is enough. Because all that I want is you, being happy, hyung. And if answering my confession is gonna make you uncomfortable, then don’t. Because I will only blame myself for putting you in this kind of situation.”

End of Flashback.

It is 7 o’clock now and Minho needs to get to school as fast as possible if he doesn’t want to late. Minseok takes the claim of the car after winning a morning wrestling match with Minho which is very rare because Minho doesn’t always lose. Minho curses the whole animal listed in the zoo as Minseok twirling the key on his finger. When he gets out of the house, he is so surprised to find Taemin is waiting for him. Without bothering to say anything, he immediately takes a seat.

“Finally get your car back?”

“Yeah... The old man gave up after umma’s nagging the whole night last night. That old man was so weak in front of women.”

“Hahahahahhaaa... He only has a soft spot for your umma Taem.”

Taemin keeps silent as he turns on the engine and starts the car. After ten minutes saying nothing, Taemin finally breaks the air.

“Sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to snap at you, hyung. It was just a very tiring night.”

“I know Taem...”

“But I will definitely kill you if you ever hurt Jinki hyung. No mercy.”

“Yeahh.. Yeahh..”

“I’m serious hyung. No mercy.”

“Do you think I can hurt someone I really love, Taem?”

“Human has a capability to do something much unexpected, hyung. You just don’t aware of that.”

“Then, if that time comes, the time I hurt Jinki hyung, I will come to you immediately, Taem. So you can give the punishment.”

The rest of the ride is spent in silence once again. When they arrive at school, Minho immediately thanks Taemin and attempts to get out of the car. He really needs to hurry if he doesn’t want to be late for his math test. But his attempt is stopped by a hand grabbed his wrist.

“Hyung, Jinki hyung is hurt enough. Please take care of him.”

“I will, Taem... I will...”

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys... Hope you like the chapter..

I think this story is going too slow for my liking... but I promise everything is getting better after this... I’ll try my best to update once more before next week, before my class start...

 

ONEW FTW!!! XD