No One Cares

Saving Her ( HIATUS )

What do you guys think about the story picture? it was done by Kpoplover9714 at Creative Obscurity! Check them out! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/166295/creative-obscurity-graphic-shop-busy-poster-request-background-requestshop-banner-graphicshop-freebies

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I got off the bus that stopped across the street from the tattoo studio and watched it pull away. I stood there for a moment and waited for the cars to somewhat clear the road, then I just J-walked across. I’m not going to walk the in’ corner of the road just to cross like a normal person would. 

“Hey, LeeYoung, your late” my workmate teased. He was a tall, young American man, with a bit of an accent in his Korean. He also had a few tattoos along his arms.

“Yeah, by a minute and 13 seconds,” I said with monotone. “I come straight here from school on the bus, so me being late is bound to happen. Deal with it.” I tossed my backpack behind the front counter and jumped over it instead of walking around.

“Hey, easy there, ya almost kicked me in the stomach” he laughed

“Aww, you mean I missed?” I joked and pretended to go and knee him in the stomach.

“Kids, please, no horsing around behind the counter” I heard a deep voice behind me, turning I saw my boss, Jang Chow. He was a big muscular man, covered in tattoos, and lucky for me, pretty easy going. He didn’t mind me being a few minutes late from school.

I reached into my back pack and pulled out my history text book. ‘This is a good time to get some homework done’ I thought.

. : ~ * 3 hours later * ~ : .

I looked back up at the clock, it read 7pm, the end of my shift. As I was packing up my school stuff, I saw a big tough looking man coming out from the back. He had gone in an hour ago to get his tattoo done, but now he was returning and the amusing part was the tears forming in his eyes.

I picked up the box of tissues from the counter and held it out toward him. He sniffed and pulled one out of the box.

“That was really painful” he said dapping his eyes. I nodded

“So I hear” He pushed the door open and left.

 I let out a small laugh and slung my pack back over my shoulder and pulled my iPod out of my pocket and started untangling the headphones.

“Hey, Mr. Jang! I’m heading out!” I called to the back as I looked out the door and the black sky. It’s been getting darker earlier now as winter sets in.

“Ok, I’ll see you next week!” he called back.

I pushed my way out the door and walked down the block to the bus stop that would take me back home, but of course the bus ended up being 20 minutes late. When I`m old enough to drive I am so getting a motorcycle or something like that. I hate bussing everywhere, but at least it was cheaper than taking the taxi.

I made my way to the back of the bus and sat there with my head against the window with my eye closed and my head phones in my ears. The vibration of the engine moving through the window and against my head has over time grown to be somewhat relaxing.

I got off the bus near the mall/ shopping center, bought the milk I had ran out of this morning, and headed home in the darkness doing my best to avoid catching anyone’s attention. 

That night while I lay in bed, I thought of what Zelo had said to me this morning,

But we are friends aren’t we...’

And then I thought about what SooHyun told me after me dropped me off yesterday,

‘ “No problem, and call me oppa,” he laughed a bit “we are friends, aren't we?” ’

That was twice in two day that someone told me they were my friend...so that is a grand total of two ‘friends’...which is two friends more than I’ve ever had before.

Holy ,

Am I a loner or what?

 

. : ~ * Next Day * ~ : .

 

This morning I awoke to the unchanging routine of waking up, showering, getting dressed, eating crappy toasted waffles, and rushing out the door to get to the bus stop before the bus did.  It was the same in every city I moved to. My arms though were sore from yesterday’s gym class.

Since the bus I needed to take wasn’t really that close to my house, I had to walk 5 or 6 blocks just for a damn bus ride to school.

Oh well, that’s life, I guess.

 

. : ~ * Zelo’s P.O.V * ~ : . (I am going to try and make this cute and innocent...ish, but I am HORABLE at this, so please forgive me if I make our adorable bunny Mankae just seem stupid ^^” )

Every day YongGuk Hyung and HimChan Hyung take turns driving us to school. Today, it was YongGuk Hyung’s turn. YongGuk and HimChan run an auto shop, so one of them has to be there to open it, which is why only one can take us to school. I wish both could take us to school ^.^

As I was watching the familiar sights go by, something up head caught my eye,

“Hey guys look! It LeeYoung Noona!” I interrupted my Hyungs conversation and pointed toward the bus stop up head.

“Who’s LeeYoung?” YongGuk asked, glancing at me from the rear view mirror

“She’s the new student we got yesterday,” YoungJae explained “should we give her a ride to school?” YongGuk shrugged,

“I don’t see why not” he said and pulled over into the bus pick up/drop off. The shocked expression on her face was priceless when she saw a car pull up beside her in the bus lane.

“Hey LeeYoung, Hop in! We’ll give you a ride to school!” JongUp called out the window. She looked surprised to see us, and a bit hesitant.

“A..Aniya, that’s ok, I’ll just take the bus” she said politely. I pulled the side door open,

“Save your bus money for another day, Noona” I smiled.

“Well...ok, I guess” she said and quickly got in the car to avoid the weird looked other people were giving her. JongUp was sitting up front in the passenger seat beside YongGuk, YoungJae and DaeHyun where sharing the back seats, LeeYoung now sat next to me in the middle.

“So you must be LeeYoung?” YongGuk Hyung asked, glancing back at her through the mirror as he continued down the road toward the school.

“Umm, yeah, that would be me.” She said quietly, she also seemed really tense.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, I’m YongGuk” he told her and flashed his gummy smile.

“It’s nice to meet you, too” she seemed to force a smile, but I think I was the only one who noticed it.

“Noona, do you live in this area, too?” I asked, referring to the area we picked her up in. She simple nodded,

“I live about 5 or 6 blocks away from there.” When I thought about it, that area was fairly run down, not the greatest place to live. That spot is where people without a lot of money would end up living.

“That’s pretty far from the school, isn’t it?” YoungJae asked leaning forward between the seats.

“I guess, but that’s where all the affordable houses are” she shrugged.

“Ok kids, this is your stop” YongGuk said pulling up the curb in front of the school.

“Kamsamnida YongGuk-ssi” LeeYoung said with a bow.

“Oh, it was no problem. Have a good day at school, all of you” She nodded and smiled before hopping out of the car. YongGuk watched her leave,

“She’s a very polite person, seems kind of shy, too” he observed “You guys should invite her over sometime, she looks like she could use friend or two” he told us as we were getting out of the car. I saw her disappear through the doors of the school.

I thought back to what she said yesterday about how she had four jobs.

If she lives in that area, if would be easier to bus home than to walk. She probably had to bus to school because her parents had to go to work early to drive her, then she bussed home because they worked all day. And she worked four part time jobs to help provide for her family so they weren’t struggling to get by. This changed the way I looked at her, I realized she must be the humble, quiet, hardworking type of person. ‘That would explain why she was quiet’ I thought

 “Yah, Zelo-ah, are you ok, you’ve been kind quiet today” JongUp asked placing his hand against my forehead, “You’re not sick, are you?” I pushed his hand away.

“I’m fine, but I think I figured something out about LeeYoung Noona” I said and explained what I had put together.

“And how did you figure that one out?” YoungJae asked raising an eyebrow at my logic.

“Because I’m smarter than you are” I teased and skipped off to my locker laughing. I loved to tease my Hyungs.

. : ~ * LeeYoung’s P.O.V * ~ : .

You can’t imagine how weird it was to see a vehicle that wasn’t a bus pull up in front of me. And I don’t normally get in cars with people I don't know, but I kind of wanted to get out of there and avoid the weird looks the other people at the bus stop where giving me.

When we reached the school, I thanked them, and rushed into the school feeling quite uncomfortable.  I mean, you would too if someone you barely knew offered you a ride.

I stuffed my things into my locker and turned around to leave for homeroom, but someone was standing in my way. I stood there not wanting to look down at it but after heaving a long sigh, my eyes flicked downward to the one girl who already had the power to put me in a bad mood by just showing up in front of me.

“What do you what?” I snapped, I am so not in the mood for this .

“I saw you” Jiyeon said with an ‘as-a-matter-of-fact’ tone.

“Saw me what?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Don’t play dumb with me!” she screamed in my face “I saw you getting out of B.A.P oppa’s car this morning! I told you to stay away from them!” I was taken off guard when Jiyeon pushed me back and my head connected with the lock that kept my locker shut, causing a sharp pain to run from the point of impact down to my knees, which in turn made me fall to the floor.

“Didn’t your parents ever tell you it’s rude to take things that don't belong to you?” the girl to Jiyeon’s left, who I remembered as Jin Ah, smirked and crossed her arms. I felt myself snap.

I slowly stood up, ignoring the pain in my head and neck, and towered over the latter. She flickered her eyes toward the others and the cocky look on her face was instantly gone.

“Don’t. You. EVER. Talk about my parents. In front of me. Ever again. Do you understand me?” I snarled through a clenched jaw, her face what no more than 2 inches away from mine.

Her eyes slowly turned back to mine and I heard her swallow hard. She nodded, in was a small nod, but my eyes where sharp enough to spot it.

I pushed past her and pulled the hood of my sweater over my head. I stopped when I saw the crowd that had gathered,

“WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKIN’ AT! DON'T YOU HAVE SOME WHERE BETTER TO BE!” I shouted and took a threatening step toward them, lifting my arm up as if I was about to come at them. When most of them flinched or stepped back, I shoved my way through the crowd and walked down the hall with my hood still up.

. : ~ * YoungJae’s P.O.V * ~ : .

 We followed Zelo’s skipping figure down the hall to our locker, but we were all taken a little off guard when we saw a thick crowd of teens around our locker.

“WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKIN’ AT! DON'T YOU HAVE SOME WHERE BETTER TO BE!” I heard shouting from inside the enclosed circle.

“Was that LeeYoung?” JongUp asked looking back at us.

“Maybe, but what could have made her so mad to make her scream like that?” I asked

“I can see her! She going down the hall toward homeroom” Zelo (being as tall as he is) said pointing down the hall.

“Well, let’s put our stuff away then we can ask her about it later” JongUp said pushed his way through the now thinning crowd.

I was putting my back pack in my locker when I felt DaeHyun tap my arm. When I looked over at him, he was pointing at LeeYoung’s locker. Upon closer inspection, I saw he was pointing at the lock specifically, which was coated with a bit of dark red liquid.

Blood.

“Hey guys,” I said getting the younger two boys attention “I think LeeYoung got into a fight” Zelo gasped.

“But she just got here yesterday, who could she have gotten into a fight with?” JongUp asked

“I think I know,” Zelo’s face turned serious “Jiyeon” I groaned inwardly.

That girl had latched onto us the moment we entered the school, and claimed us as her own prizes, not sharing us with anyone but her friends. Not just us but UKISS was also part of her “personal property.” That girl is nuts I tell you!

“Come on guys, let’s go see if LeeYoung is ok” I said, leading the way to homeroom

 

. : ~ * LeeYoung’s P.O.V * ~ : .

 

I managed to get away from the crowded and stormed up the stairs still fuming from what Jin Ah said. I hate it when people even mention those cowardly bastards that I was once so stupid to think I could call them “umma” and “appa.” Sure, I think about them, and occasionally I get emotional thinking about them, but when some even acknowledges that fact that I have parents, I feel like ripping some ones throat out. I could never forgive them for-

Breath, Leo, you have to stay calm, killing someone is not the path you should be choosing right now’ I told myself, using the nickname my only true friend had given to me.

In her memory, I still called myself by Leo, but I never let ANYONE call me that.

I could feel sweat dripping down the back of my neck, but I didn’t bother to dry it.

I entered the girls’ washroom and stopped in front of the mirror. My face was still a bit pink from anger, half hidden under the huge hood of my black tribal gear hoodie, my long black hair flowed out of the hood’s opening and down the front of my chest.

That was me.

The girl in the mirror.

That nobody knew or cared about.

‘No one cares,’ I thought to myself countless times. ‘Why do you even try. Why do you even try!’

My head pounded.

The grip on my notebooks tightened.

“Why do you even try!! No one cares!!”

They were flung at the mirror, shattering it.

Not even your parents...’

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I AM O SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!!!! THE INTERNET CRAPPED OUT!!! :'C 

and im not really happy with thi chapter. i'm sorry for the crappy-ness

So what do you guys think so far?