First Day of School

Saving Her ( HIATUS )

 

 

Monday morning came too quickly for my liking. Nonetheless, I got out of bed and showered like I usually did before school. I changed into baggy black copped sweatpants and a dark grey wife beater; over it I had my cropped camouflage hoodie.  I quickly dumped and few pens and pencils into my backpack, along with a bunch of note books (one for each subject). I then shoved a couple of half toasted waffles down my throat , slipped on my black radii straight jackets and rushed out the door.

I got off the bus, which conveniently was just a block away from the school, and walked with my hood up and my head down. I was still about a half hour early, so I made my way through the school gates and weaved through the thick cloud of teenagers who didn’t want to enter the building just yet. Doing so, I received a lot of weird looks, what you never seen a new kid before?

Now I stood in the office waiting for someone to come to the front desk, the secretaries seemed quite ‘‘busy’’ with something. I was a patient person so I waited silently at the desk for about five minutes with my arms crossed in front of me. I heard the office door open behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see a few boys with bright blond hair and baggy “gangster” clothing, and a few girls with 5 inch heels and short skirts that barely covered their butts and where giggling high pitched. Long story short, I looked over my shoulder and saw a few s and man . I rolled my eyes and turned back to the talking ladies. They must have heard the high pitched giggles and the loud “tic tic” of the 5 inch heels because they finally turned and saw me waiting there.

“Oh, Good morning, how may I help you?” she asked and sat at the desk behind the computer. I opened my mouth to speak but as cut off before anything could come out.

“Excuse me? Can we see someone now so we can get to class?” my head whipped around to see who had interrupted me. It was the blond boy...or one of them at least. I restrained myself from glaring at him too much seeing this was my first day, but did end up glaring a bit when he made eye contact with me.

“I’m sorry, please wait your turn I’m with someone right now” the said politely.  The boy turned and sat with his friends. She turned back to me and waited for me to answer her question.

“Umm, I’m transferring to this school, I called in to register a few days ago” I told her and I lowered my back pack to the floor.

“Ah, ok, what’s your name honey?” she asked opening a file on the computer.

“Song LeeYoung” She typed my name into the computer, as she did so I felt like I was being watched. I turned my head sharply and saw the blond boys and their s staring at me, though they all quickly looked away and to each other as if they hadn’t seen me.

“Ah, yes here we are, Song LeeYoung. We have you time table here and you locker,” she said as the time table began printing. “Your homeroom teacher will be Mr. Kamiah (A/N: pronounced Ka-me-ya) in room B224. That on the second floor of B wing which is in that direction.” she pointed to her left. “Lunch is in the Student Commons, if you enter the front doors there and head straight you’ll be in the Student Commons.” She pulled out a map of the school and placed it in front of me. She put a large ‘X’ over the office in her green highlighter. “Your semester one classes are here, here and here.” She marked each room by circling them with the highlighter, then pulled out an orange one “and your semester two courses are here, here, and here.” She pushed the papers toward me “Gym is liner, so you’ll have that all year and it alternates with whichever elective you’ll like to take” I nodded “Do you have any questions?” she asked as she wrote my locker number and the combination on the building map

“No” I said simply

“Ok, if you think of one, or if you need any help at all, feel free to come talk one of us” she smiled

“Neh, Kamsamnida (thank you)” I bowed and grabbed my back pack. I slung it over my shoulder and saw from the corner of my eyes that the blond boys where watching me still, though the girls had lost interest in me already.

Not that I really cared.

 Sure enough I did get lost on my way to my locker. There was so many people in the hallways, all clustered around their lockers with their friends, that I couldn’t see the numbers printed above the locks. And out of habit, I kept my gaze down to avoid eye contact with anyone. I was about to give up and ask someone, when I heard the school bell ring. Maybe if there is no one in the halls, I can find my locker a little easier.

The halls cleared out in what must have been record speed; I’ve never seen an entire student body leave the hallways so quickly in my whole life. And I’ve been to about 46 different schools in my life time.

I was right; it only took me about 3 minutes to find my locker. I entered the combination and it opened of the first try. I stared at it for a moment.

 ‘Another school, another perfectly clean locker, another getting to class late on your first day’ I pulled a pencil and a notebook out of my backpack before shoving it into my new locker. I shut it then tried to use the map to get to home room

B224, Mr. Kamiah...UGH! I hate this map, it make no scene!’ I thought as I realized I was lost. Maybe I should just- ...wait a minute.... I’m holding the ing map upside down! Oh, dear god. Well, at least I could see Mr. Kamiah’s room from here.

I walked up to the door and knocked on it, from the window beside me I saw a young man in his late 20’s/early 30’s waking toward me.

“Can I help you?” he asked politely

“New student” I said with a bored expression.

“Ah, yes I was told I was getting a new student today, come on in” he opened the door wider and motioned for me to come in. He then shut the door behind me, “Listen up class, we have a new student.” He called out walking back to his deck and picked up a sheet of paper. “Why don’t we start with an introduction?” Mr. Kamiah asked looking expectedly toward me. I looked out in front of me. There was about 20 on them.

“Song LeeYoung” I grumbled through my scowl, pointing at myself I made eye contact with one person sitting near the back. It was one of the blond man- from earlier. In fact all 4 of them where here. Mr. Kamiah finally got the message that I was only going to say my name and anything about myself. He stood forward and pointed toward the very back corner where the man-.

“Well, we have one extra seat in the very back corner by the boy over there, or you can sit up front in one of these se-” I just walked to the back of the class without letting him finish “ok, back there works too” I flopped down into my chair and gave a death glare to a group of girls who had been staring at me and pulled out my iPod. Since homeroom was for working on homework and studying, and I just got here today, I had nothing to do.

“Hi LeeYoung! It’s nice to meet you” I hear someone say from my left. I looked over and I saw a boy that looked like a baby grinning back at me, “my name’s Junhong, but everyone calls me Zelo”

“...Yo” was all I said turning back to my iPod in an almost cold way, and then I heard another voice. And I recognized it slightly too.

 “My name is YoungJae” I turned at saw the boy sitting in front of me had turned to face me. He also held out his hand for me to shake, I was going to ignore it but for some reason, I shook it. YoungJae look down at my hand, “would you happen to be the girl I ran in to yesterday?”

“Are you the guy who ran out o the shop and crashed into me?” I smirked

“He he, sorry about that” he laughed