New (Temporary) Companions

Saving Her ( HIATUS )

 

Zelo and YoungJae introduced me the other two blonde boys, the one on Zelo’s other side was called JongUp, and the one who sat in front of Zelo went by the name DaeHyun. DaeHyun seemed even quieter than me. He had a mask that covered the lower half of his face, and instead of a verbal greeting like the others he just gave me a two-finger salute. I answered with a similar one.

Now, I was trying to tune them out. I really didn’t care for making friends, since odd are I'm going to move out of this city eventually.

“So LeeYoung, you just moved here right? How do you like Seoul so far?” This kid never seem to stop talking though.

I looked over at the boy to my left. His eyes where wide with wonder and curiosity, and he looked like an innocent little boy at the same time.

“Yeah, It’s been....pretty nice so far, no trouble” I replied calmly

“Trouble from what?” YoungJae asked, adjusting in his seat to look at me.

“Oh, nothing much, just....no troubles on the move here.” I gave a small smile to show that everything was ok, though I was lying. Moving had never been a trouble for me, but an answer to them. When things got too dangerous, I’d leave. I’m not the type to run from my problems, I’d only leave when my options got down leaving or dying. Let’s just say I don’t plan on dying any time soon.

I’m pretty sure Zelo was about to ask me something else, when the school bell, which sounded more like a tone than a bell, sounded. I stood up quickly and walked toward the door. It’s a good thing I have good memory, so I had been able to memorize the way to my locker....or at least somewhat memorized, I didn’t get lost. As I was walking, a lot of people would (rudely) bump into me and give me weird looks....again. I'm used to it though, so I don’t really care.

I opened my locker and pulled out the sheet of paper that had my courses written on it.

For first block A, I have History with Ms. Kwon in room...C302, which must be in wing C...what wing am I in right now? Oh god, why have “wings?” it just a damn school, not a freakin’ bird.’ I was not having a good time with their system.

“Is this where your locker is?” I heard someone ask from behind me, looking over my shoulder, I saw one of the blond boys, and I think this one was JongUp.

“Yeah,” I said with a nod “you’re...JongUp right?” I was honestly too confused to tell.

“No, I’m JongUp” Another blond boy appeared beside me.

“I’m YoungJae,” the boy in front of me stated “did you really mix us up?” he gave me a small pout

“Not my fault! You all have the same blond hair color!” I said with a small laugh.

“Noona, do you not like our hair colors?” the boy with the baby face and tousled hair asked as he also appeared beside me. Where all they all coming from?

“How are so sure I’m your Noona?” I questioned.

“Because Zelo skipped a grade, he’s a year younger than you and JongUp. DaeHyun and I were placed in school a year late because the that ran out orphanage was stupid, so we’re all going to graduate in the same year” YoungJae explained, as DaeHyun appeared behind him.

“...You two are orphans?”  I asked

“We all are,” JongUp confirmed “we went to the same orphanage”

“I-I’m sorry to hear that” I said. ‘But that can’t be as bad living on the streets. You have a roof over your head, and you’re given food’ I thought to myself. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t hear his answer.

“Yah, LeeYoung, you ok?” YoungJae asked poking my arm

“Hmm? Oh, yeah I’m fine” I told him.

“Ok, you where kind of spacing out.” He looked at his watch, “Hey we should probably get going or we’ll be late for Block A”

“Hey, Noona, do you want us to walk you to your first class so you don’t get lost?” Zelo offered. Before I could answer, he took the paper from my hands and scanned through it. “Oh, you have History with DaeHyun-Hyung” I just realized he was still here; he really is a quiet guy.

“I guess he can walk you there then” JongUp said with a small smile. The bell rang.

“See you guys at lunch!” Zelo said running off to his class with YoungJae close behind him

“Yeah, see later man” JongUp fist bumped DaeHyun and headed down the stairs. I just stood there somewhat awkwardly. DaeHyun motioned for me to follow him, so I did just that.

. : ~ * DaeHyun’s P.O.V. * ~ : .

This girl, she’s really odd. She’s not like the other girl at this school. She didn’t stare at us like we where a piece of meat. Yeah, that’s what most girls do. I couldn’t help but stare at this stranger beside me as I walked her to my class. It looked as if she had become lost in thought again as she stared straight ahead, and didn’t seem to notice I had stopped in front of Ms. Kwon’s class.

I grabbed her elbow to stop her from walking away, in an instant her arm tensed and ripped away from me, her fist was clenched and eyes wide with what seemed like fear and shock for a brief moment. She looked away and saw the classroom next to us.

“Oh, uhh, thanks for walkin’ me here” he bowed slightly and disappeared into the room, walking straight to the teacher.

What was that about?