I Love You

Funny Thing Called Fate

From Taemin
To Jonghyun:
Not here. HBU?
From: Jinki
To Jonghyun:
Can’t find him. N E luck?

Kibum didn’t know how he ended up there. That was the last place on earth he wanted to be but there he was, listening to the sound of water go by. He leaned his back against the tree and rubbed his red swollen eyes.

“He was on his way to meet me.” Kibum said quietly to himself “That means that him getting hit by a car and losing his memory is my fault. This was all my fault. No wonder he chose to forget me. I’m such a horrible person.”

He could feel tears falling down his face again.
Frustrated and confused he leaned forward and hid his face in his arms as he hugged his knees. Kibum suddenly something warm against his back and pair of strong arms hugging him.

• Downtown •

•SNIFF• “If anyone deserves •SNIFF• to be happy it’s Key.” Taemin said as he tried to stop crying.

“Argh!!! Where is he? God why can’t he just write all this in his diary like a normal teenager!? Minho said frustrated as he hugged his crying boyfriend “Shh we’ll find him.”

“I know •SNIFF• but •SNIFF• if something happens to him •SNIFF• I don’t know what I’ll do!”

“You mean after we kill Jonghyun for loosing him?” Minho asked trying to lighten the mood.
Taemin simply continued to cling onto Minho. He sighed deeply watching the vapor that escaped his mouth disappear in the cool night air.

 • In the car •

“I’m sure he’s fine . . . where ever he is.” Changmin said studying the worried look on Jinki’s face

“Me too. It’s just- I wish he would remember.”

“Who?”

Jinki explained to Changmin about Kibum and Jonghyun’s history. Changmin remains silent until the other was done. When Jinki finished Changmin quickly pulled him into a hug and kissed him fiercely. Taken by surprised Jinki’s heart began to race. Not only out of the shock but he always felt that way whenever Changmin was around. This was the second time Changmin had kissed him. After the first time it wasn’t mention again so Jinki didn’t think much about it but now he wasn’t so sure.

• Jonghyun’s P.O.V •

After leaving the student lounge I took off in a sprint. Questions flooded my head. Why was I dreaming of Kibum? Where had I met him before? Was it him I was talking to in all those flashbacks? I do remember a boy I made a promise to a long time ago but it can’t be him, can it? Is that why I’m so attracted to him?

Feeling as if my lungs would burst I finally reached the only park I remember going to since I was a kid. The one by the river and sure enough off in the distance I could see a figure leaning against a tree. As I walked closer I could hear Kibum say: “He was on his way to meet me. That means getting hit by that car and loosing his memory is my fault. This was all my fault. No wonder he chose to forget me. I’m such a horrible person.”
Hearing him say that everything became clear. Meeting him, the promise I broke, the accident, everything.

“That’s not true” I wanted to tell him but instead I all I did was hug him.

• End of P.O.V •

Jonghyun gently wiped away the tears. Kibum didn’t move. Jonghyun leaned in and touched Key’s lips with his own. Kibum sat absolutely still for a moment. Feeling the incredible softness of Jonghyun’s lips. Then suddenly Kibum snapped out of his trance and jerked back. He gave Jonghyun a wild eyed look.

“Sorry” Jonghyun said “I didn’t mean-”

Key didn’t give him a chance to finish instead not without even thinking he closed his eyes and began to kiss back even more fiercely and passionately then Jonghyun had.

“I know I’ve caused you pain and I don’t blame you if you regret meeting me.” Kibum managed to sob as they pulled apart

“The only thing I regret is forgetting you.” Jonghyun replied “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I figured whatever it was you had to tell me, if it was important enough, you would remember. What were you going to tell me?” Kibum asked realizing Jonghyun still hadn’t said anything.

“I can’t remember.” Jonghyun joked making Kibum pout.

“YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!” He shouted

Jonghyun took Kibum’s hands in his own “I love you” Jonghyun said becoming serious again “. . . and I’m sorry it took so long.”

“DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED TO HEAR THOSE 3 LITTLE WORDS?!?!" Kibum said still furious scaring Jonghyun a little. "It was worth the wait.” he smiled

He embraced Kibum once again and let out a small chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Kibum asked

“Fate is. I know I should hate Se Kyung for what she did but in a way I’m thankful.” Jonghyun cupped Kibum’s face and looked deep into his eyes “It gave me a chance to fall in love with you all over again.”

Jonghyun felt Kibum tense up after hearing Se Kyung’s name. “There isn’t going to be a wedding.” Jonghyun assured him.

He let Kibum’s head rest on his chest as they sat there listening to the traffic of cars and the sound of rushing water.