The New Kid

Funny Thing Called Fate

• Storage Closet •

“Who knew putting away basketballs could be so tiring?” Kibum sighed as he moved on to the soccer equipment

“Hey” he heard a voice behind him making him jump not with fear but with nervousness.

 “Hey” Kibum replied after turning around “W-what brings you here?”

 “I came to see how you were doing. Since it was my fault you got into more trouble”

“How’d you know I was here?”

“I followed you.” Jonghyun flashed a smile that could kill.

Kibum couldn’t stop his knees from shaking. He prayed Jonghyun wouldn’t notice. “So you got detention just to check up on me?” he asked feeling a little special

“Who said I got detention? Jonghyun said as he handed Key a ball he had missed. ”I’m supposed to be in Calculus but I’m not very good at it. So I thought I’d hang out here with you.” he said with another kind smile

Key couldn’t help but blush a little.

“You never answered my question.”  Jonghyun asked suddenly serious. “Have we met before?”

“Umm 2 years ago-” Key started to say happy he could finally talk to this person that he had waited so long to talk to when he was interrupted by a loud crash and faint chanting that seemed to grow louder with each word.

“fight! fight! fight! fight!”

It wasn’t until he heard someone yell Get him, Minho! that he realized who it was that was fighting.

 “Oh god. . . .Not again! Kibum said as he ran toward the cafeteria.

• Earlier that day •

The teacher waited for Kibum to leave the room before she continued.

“We have a new student joining us today!” She motion towards the door.
 A tall boy timidly walked in.  As soon as he did, all eyes were on him. Jinki on the other hand was worried the whole class would hear his heart pounding.

“I’m Changmin! Nice to meet you all!” Changmin said with a bow. He quickly took a seat next to Eunhyuk.

Hyung? Hyung? Taemin shook his cousin, snapping him back to reality.

`I just saw an angel` Jinki whispered turning back to stare at the new kid.

• Cafeteria •

It was lunch time and Jinki was walking towards his table where he found Minho teasing Taemin as usual.  

 “Come on Hyung give it back! It‘s cold outside!” Taemin whined as he jumped up and down trying to retrieve his iPod.

“All I’m asking for is a kiss. Is that so hard? Right here.” Minho said pointing to his cheek.

Taemin gave him a death glare.  

“Then here?” Minho asked pointing to his lips.

“NO!” Taemin yelled turning away to hide his major blush.

“Taemin, have you ever been kissed before?” Minho asked curiously

“Y-yes! Lots of times! So many I lost count!” Taemin boasted

“You’re not a very good liar.”  Minho said ruffling the shorter male’s hair.

Jinki was about to interfere when something else caught his attention.

“Yah!” he heard someone yell followed but a clutter sound.

“I’m so sorry” he saw Changmin apologizing. He had accidentally bumped into one of the other most popular kid in school, spilling his lunch all over him.

“A pretty thing like you has nothing to be sorry about.” Yunho said changing his tone of voice when he saw the gorgeous male. Yunho raised Changmin’s head in order to get a better view. Changmin was quite confused at the sudden change Yunho’s attitude.

“How ‘bout you and me get out of here.” Yunho continued as he put his arm around Changmin’s neck

“Leave him alone” Jinki said breaking through the crowd of boys that had huddled around Changmin and pulled him to his side. Changmin didn’t know who this kid was but he was glad he was there.

“Oh what do we have here? A jealous boyfriend?”

“Just leave him alone. He didn’t mean it.”

“That’s not going to take the stain out.” Yunho said turning into a jerk again. “I guess I’ll just have to take my payment out on you.” he said with an evil smile as he began to lean close to Jinki.

“Get way from me!”

“Or what? You’re gonna tell Daddy to arrest me?” Yunho teased “Oh wait you can’t . . . cuz he’s dead!”

“Shut up!” Jinki yelled as his hands began to turn into fists

“And all that’s left is little mommy and poor pathetic you-“

Before anyone could stop him Jinki was sitting on top of the school’s King, beating the living out of him.