Moving In

Funny Thing Called Fate

Taemin, Minho, Jinki and Changmin found themselves in Kibum’s room.

“When you said `Help me pack` I assumed you would be packing as well.” Minho said as he lifted up a box to take to the car.

“What gave you that idea- over there, sweetie.” Kibum instructed Taemin to put his clothes in another bag.

“You’re right, silly me” Minho said. Kibum blew him a kiss.

“Why are we doing this again?” Jinki asked carefully putting Kibum’s accessories in another box.

• Flash back •

“Are you alright?” Jonghyun asked as they continued to clean. They were back in the storage room.

“It’s Jinki I’m worried about. Thanks for helping back there.”

“No problem. I’m just glad your okay.” Jonghyun said looking deep into Kibum’s eyes. “Your phone’s. . . ringing. . .”  he said trying to make the awkward feeling go away.

 Kibum was too busy admiring Jonghyun to notice. “Hello?” he answered. “Mom?! Why are you crying?! W-what? What’s gonna happen to us?”

• End of flash back •

“My mom called.” Kibum explained “We’ve been evicted. My mom’s going to stay with my aunt but there wasn’t enough room for me. Jonghyun said I could crash at his place for a while.”

“He at least bought you dinner first, didn’t he?” Minho said jokingly.

“It’s not like that and even if he did it would take hell of a lot more then just a dinner to make up for what he did. How easy do you think I am?”

“Guess that settles that then.” Taemin said as he looked down at his watch “Shouldn’t we be getting home guys?”

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Jinki asked knowing how Kibum felt.

“Yes, I’ll be fine and Taemin’s right. It’s getting late you should head home” he reassured his best friend.
“I’ll take Taemin home” Minho said as he pulled Taemin towards the door

“You will?” Taemin asked worriedly

• In the car •

“Here we are!” Minho announced

“Umm… Minho? This isn‘t my house” Taemin said as he looked at all the colorful lights

“No… this is a bowling alley.”

“We have school tomorrow?” Taemin looked at his watch. It was already 9:30.

“What is this school you speak of?” Minho said with a smile as he got out of the car and dragged Taemin with him
•Outside Kibum’s house•
“Today was. . .  exciting!” Changmin said as they reached his house.

“It was” Jinki said looking past Changmin, at the huge house and at the person who standing at the door way.

“Well this is me. I’d invite you in but maybe another time when my parents aren’t discussing business.” Changmin said smiling referring to the other cars that were in his driveway.

“Sure thing” Jinki said trying to seem as if nothing had happened. Just as Changmin was about to get out of the car he came back and gave Jinki a peck on the cheek. He smiled sweetly and got out of the car. Jinki’s heart started beating like crazy but he remained calm.

Jinki turned the car around and headed back to the entrance of the driveway. Shaking his head and trying to make sense of what he just saw `What the hell is Yunho doing here?` he asked himself

• Few hours later •

“Minho ….can I ask you a question?” Taemin asked timidly as they sat down at a table under a street lamp.

They had been so intrigued with each other’s presence they hadn’t noticed they had wondered away from the bowling alley after playing a few games.

“Does this have anything to do with me kissing you?” Minho asked already knowing the answered

Taemin nodded “That and why are we here? I mean I enjoyed it but why?”

“Look Taemin” Minho said taking Taemin’s hand, putting his cotton candy aside. “I like you, I have for a very long time and if teasing and kissing you doesn‘t make you see that I don‘t know what will. And as for being here…consider it as a first date!”

“Date?!” Taemin asked, secretly happy, almost spilling his drink.

“You know what they say about the first person you kiss, don’t you?” Minho asked thinking of what to say. He was only making this up as he went.

Taemin shook his head.

“Well since I’m the first person to kiss you, you belong to me now.” Minho stood up for his declaration. “I Choi Minho forever promise to love you and protect you as long as you promise to look at me and only me!”

Without thinking about it, Taemin wrapped his arms around Minho’s neck and pulled him in for a passionate kiss. “I promise” he whispered.

• Jonghyun‘s house •

“Looks like we’re done” Jonghyun announced victoriously as he finished placing the last things in the drawers of Kibum’s new room. “You have a lot of clothes! Do you like soccer? I’m somewhat good at it. Hey, we should play some. . .time. . .” Jonghyun’s words faded as he turned to find Kibum fast asleep.

Had he been talking to himself for the last half hour? Jonghyun walked over and sat on the bed, leaning in close to examine Kibum’s face.

`He looks even more beautiful when he’s asleep. Thought to himself  `Who are you? Why do I feel like I know you from somewhere?`

Jonghyun was lost in thought, not noticing Kibum starting to stir and before he could stop it, Kibum had reached up and grabbed Jonghyun bringing him even closer to his own face. Jonghyun tried hard to free himself but couldn’t really find a way without waking Kibum.
`Nothing will happen if I just lay here for awhile, right? The first chance I get I’ll free myself and go to my room.` He thought as he became more and more nervous.
Not even 5 minutes later Jonghyun himself was snoring, only to dream of Kibum standing by a tree.