Detention Buddies

Funny Thing Called Fate

Jonghyun and Key burst in threw the cafeteria doors just in time to see Minho punching some guy named Kangin, 3 guys on top of Jinki, and see Siwon slam Taemin against the wall.
Without thinking Key jumped in and pushed Sungmin off his friend and tried to stand him up.

“What the hell is going on?” Key demanded

“Not now!" Jinki said holding on to his side “I think I’m wearing him down!”

“You can barely stand!”

Kibum felt someone turn him around and plant him against the wall. He grabbed Donghae by the collar of his shirt and punched him making him fall to the ground.

“!” Kibum yelled holding onto his own hand. “That hurt!”

“It’s about time you got here.” Minho said dodging a punch. He turned his attention to

Taemin, who was now on the floor being kicked. Minho took Siwon’s arm and twisted it until a crack could be heard. Siwon screamed in pain and fell to the floor.

By now 4 or 5 guys had huddled around them. Kibum could tell that the one in front of him, Yoochun, was going to throw a punch so he quickly closed his eyes and turned away.  After what seemed like forever he opened his eyes wondering why no one was hitting him.  He looked up to find Yoochun’s fist in Jonghyun’s hand.  Yoochun immediately stepped away when he recognized Jonghyun.

Yunho began to applaud as he walked up to Jonghyun. “Impressive but this fight isn’t with you.” Yunho said pulling his friend away. The spot by his mouth where Jinki had hit him was starting to swell up. “This is far from over” Yunho said, turning to Jinki before walking away.

Before Kibum could scold his friends many teachers had shown up. Next thing he knew he was back in detention and so was Jonghyun , Taemin , Minho,  and Jinki.

• Detention •

• Teacher’s Lounge •

Jinki was given the pleasure of picking up the trash around the school but Changmin found him dragged him to the teacher’s lounge.

“Oww” exclaimed Jinki, flinching in pain.

“Sorry” Changmin apologized. He had found a first aid kit by the copy machine. He sat Jinki down and started to mend his wounds.

Jinki continued to moan in pain while Changmin worked.

“Thank you.” Changmin said suddenly without looking up.

“For what?”

“For saving me back there. I don‘t even know you and you just got your kicked AND detention for me, so thanks.”

“Jung Yunho thinks that he can do whatever he wants just because he has money and is next in line for to be the next Mafia leader or something…. Anyway, I couldn’t let him do that to you.”

“Umm, can I ask you something?” Finally looking Jinki in the eyes.

“I almost died because of you” Jinki joked “Might as well.”

“What was all the talk about your dad?”

Jinki looked away in thought before answering “My dad used to be a cop. That is, until he was shot. He was rushed to the hospital but it was too late, he had already lost too much blood. He was shot by Yunho. He was in the middle of a drug deal when my dad caught him. Talk about bad timing. Yunho was never convicted because his dad paid off the judge.” Jinki trailed off. Changmin gave Jinki an apologetic look.  

After seeing the expression on Changmin’s face, Jinki smiled trying to change the mood. “My mom and I manage.  I also have my cousin and 2 best friends.”

“Is there room for one more?” Changmin asked putting away the band aids

Jinki tilted his head in confusion

Changmin couldn’t help but laugh at Jinki’s cuteness

“Oh!” Jinki exclaimed realizing that Changmin was talking about himself

“Hungry?” Jinki asked trying cover up his blonde moment

“Always.” Changmin replied with a smile. Jinki was first out the door didn’t noticing that Changmin had stayed behind.  `Jung Yunho` he said quietly. Where had he heard that name before?

• 2min: Bathroom •

“Oww!” exclaimed Minho, flinching in pain.

“Sorry.” Taemin said as he put away the rubbing alcohol. They were suppose to be cleaning the school bathrooms but instead swiped a first aid kit from the nurse and locked themselves in her office.

“Why do you always pick the biggest guy when you know you can’t beat him?” Taemin asked

“As long as I have you by my side I can do anything” Minho said as he watched Taemin wrap his arm in bandages.

“I don’t want you so get hurt in attempt to impress me . . . so stop doing that.” Taemin said as he began to put the first aid kit away.

Minho smiled to himself. He was glad to know that younger male cared. “Come here” Minho motioned Taemin over so he could slap icepack on his face “Does it hurt?”the bruise on the side of Taemin’s eye was starting to get darker.

“A bit” he admitted

“I know something that will make the pain go away faster.” Minho said smiling

Taemin was too distracted with the ice pack to notice Minho’s intentions.  “Really? What?”

“Close your eyes”

Taemin did and before he knew it he felt something warm and soft brushing against his lips. He pulled away startled and quickly put a hand over where Minho’s lips had been just moments ago.

“Feel better?” Minho asked with a cheesy smile

Before Taemin could answer Jinki and Changmin were knocking at the door.

“Where’s Key?” Jinki asked as soon as Minho opened the door.

“I thought he was with you” Minho replied.