Just A Typical Day

Funny Thing Called Fate

• Present •

The bell had rung and for the past 5 minutes Jinki had been trying to get his friends attention but so far he was failing.

“Key? Kiiibuuuumm? KIBUM!” Jinki shouted as he pounded his fist on the desk

“Huh?” Kibum finally replied

Jinki looked in the direction Key had been looking just a moment ago and smiled. “You were day dreaming about him again weren’t you?”

“What? Psssh NO! What makes you say that?” Kibum whispered not making eye contact with his friend.

“Please, you stare at him all the time during class and practically drown in you own drool when he walks by.”

Kibum was still paying only half attention.

“Hyung, you should really talk to him and tell him how you feel.”

“Are you crazy?!?” Kibum asked jumping up from his seat and covering Jinki’s mouth, looking around to make sure no one heard him. “He’s the most popular kid in our school! What makes you think he’ll care about how I feel? He has people confessing to him every other day. He wouldn’t take me seriously and besides I can’t get anywhere near him because of all his fan boys.”

He knew that would do the trick. “True” Jinki said removing Kibum’s hand “But maybe he doesn‘t remember you. It has been 2 years and your appearance has changed a lot. You dyed your hair, you got contacts, you got taller….” Jinki urged

“I don’t know. Can we please drop it? What did you want?” Kibum asked hoping to change the subject

“You’re coming over tonight, right?”

Kibum nodded as he started to gather his things, stopping abruptly to look at Jinki “Where is Taemin and Minho?”

“Aw ! Jinki cursed as he ran outside “I’ll see you later!”

• Outside •


“Minho-shi! Give it back!” Taemin whined

“What have I told you? We’ve known each other of 3 years. Call me Hyung.”

Taemin stood there with a blank expression on his face.

“Or do prefer Oppa?” he asked with a crooked smile

Taemin rolled his eyes and pouted  “Hyung may I please have my backpack?”

Minho thought about it. “Say you love me.”

WHAT!?!“ Taemin asked feeling his face flush.

“Come on” Minho pleaded.

“No” Taemin said feeling his face grow hotter

 “No `I love you` no backpack” Minho said firmly

Taemin sighed. He wanted his bag back but it didn’t look like he would get it unless he did as he was told.

Iloveyou” Taemin said quickly under his breath

“What?”

“Iloveyou” he said again this time a little louder

“I still can’t hear you.” Minho teased

Taemin closed his eyes and let the words out slowly “I. love. You.

“I always knew you did!” Minho said cheerfully dropping the bag on the ground and capturing Taemin in a head lock only to be saved by Jinki who tackled Minho to the floor.

“Ya! That’s not fair you caught me off guard!” Minho said looking up

“You mess with my cousin, you mess with me son!” Jinki said as he helped his friend up

 “I want a rematch!” Minho demanded

“Ahem”

“Just name the time and place!” Jinki shouted back

“Ahem”

“Right here! Right now!”

“Ahem”

“Bring it princess!”

AHEM!

“What?!” Minho and Jinki shouted at Taemin in unison

“Can we go home now?”

“Might as well. It’s not like you beat me even if we had 100 rematches anyway, right Min Min?
Jinki said with a laugh and took off running when he saw Minho coming after him.

“You’re just jealous I finally got Taemin to confessed to me.”

Jinki just looked at his cousin.

“I would hardly call that a confession.” Taemin said as he picked up his bag. “Considering you held my bag hostage in order for me to say it.” he said in defense

“Ya! Quit messing with Taemin like that!” Jinki said knowing his cousin’s true feelings.

“Who said I was messing?” Minho said winking at Taemin

Taemin felt his face go red again. Now it was Minho’s turn to run and Jinki’s turn to do the chasing.

“Hey guys wait for me!” Taemin cried as he took off after them.
 

•3 2 1 BEEP!•

Popcorn’s ready!” Taemin shouted as he hurried his way to the microwave.

“Pizza’s here!” Jinki said handing it to Minho as he walked in. Jinki turned back to the delivery guy “You wouldn’t by any chance deliver KFC chicken, would you?”

They delivery guy arched an eyebrow and shook his head.

 Minho placed the box on the couch and removed his jacket. “I’m back with the movies”

“What’d you get?” Taemin asked curiously going through the DVDs “These are all scary. Where’s the action one I asked for?” Taemin asked annoyed.

“You can hold on to me during the scary parts if you’d like” Minho said with a smile

“Oh I’ll hold on to you alright. I’ll hold onto your neck till you stop breath-!” Taemin tried to say.

“We want to watch the movies today.” Kibum smiled knowing where that moment was going.

They all got in their sleeping bags huddled around the TV. Pretty soon just as Minho had predicted, Taemin was grabbing onto him for dear life as the gruesome scenes played and Minho without a doubt was enjoying himself. After the 2nd movie Jinki looked over and found the 2 younger boys had fallen asleep in each others arms.  

• Jinki P.O.V •

I know what kind of guy Minho was or at least I thought I did. Dating whoever was dumb enough to fall for him, breaking hearts left and right and leaving guys at the drop of a hat for someone else. It surprised me when he came to ask me for permission to date Taemin. It was then that I knew that this time it would be different. . . that and I told him I would murder him if he ever hurt my cousin. I also know how much Taemin likes Minho too.

• End of P.O.V

“So did you talk to him today?” Jinki asked. Kibum had a 7th hour so he usually stayed at school longer then his friends.

“No” Kibum replied not looking away from the screen. “As usual he too busy with everyone else. There hasn’t been a day when I haven’t thought of him and wondered why he never came. If only I could get him alone.”

 “Then would you talk to him?” Jinki asked with a smile

“Yeah.  . . Wait!” Kibum looked at his friend suspiciously “What are you planning?”

“What makes you think I’m planning anything? Pay attention to the movie.” Jinki ordered continuing to smiled.